Nickle and dimers who wants a change Feb 8-10th storm?

Madtown

Very light snow here. Somehow about 0.3" has fallen. Radar is not impressive to say the least.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Very light snow here. Somehow about 0.3" has fallen. Radar is not impressive to say the least.

Knew the radar wasn't going to look good with this one. Just not an impressive storm overall.

Been snowing here for a little bit. Not in the main band yet, so it hasn't been snowing very hard, but there are some good sized flakes out there.

I do like it when these big flakes are coming down with no wind. They said a 7am-7pm type event so it started right on time...doubt it will last till 7pm though...

Dubuque 2007-2008 Winter

78.1"  Total snowfall

February Snowfall 32.5"

City salt usage  : 12,211 tons

Days of measurable snow  : 40

I do like it when these big flakes are coming down with no wind. They said a 7am-7pm type event so it started right on time...doubt it will last till 7pm though...

No way it lasts that long. Maybe noon at best. You're right, though, it's nice seeing these big flakes with no wind blowing them around.

Oh, and are you ready for the cold to follow this tonight? Forecast of -18 Monday night!

I always take Jan and most of Feb off work so I can skip all that cold crap ED!

12:30 and coming down like a banshee. Not sure what I will end up with, had my gauge out late but will know tonight a minimum at least.

Dubuque 2007-2008 Winter

78.1"  Total snowfall

February Snowfall 32.5"

It's snowing here but the rates are nothing to write home about. Atmosphere is on the dry side still. In fact I saw the sun about 10 minutes ago.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Let's hope we get a summer that is not ignorantly hot/humid and get some decent snowfalls next year. We are behind on big snowfalls that we normally get so I like that aspect going into next winter.

Dubuque 2007-2008 Winter

78.1"  Total snowfall

February Snowfall 32.5"

Many of you are commenting on how "dry" this fluff is. That is having a huge impact on the snowfall totals. The amount of moisture in the atmosphere to make snow is exactly what it was supposed to be. However, the ratio of snow to liquid has been absolutely incredible. A typical ratio is 10:1--meaning 10" of snow will fall from 1" of liquid. Ratios of close to 18:1 were expected. Today, ratios of 36:1 have been reported!

I'd say around 2 inches here, but it looks like I have a couple more hours of snows. Radar returns out near Rockford coming my way. The snow seems like it is falling in slow motion because there is little wind and the fatty flakes get caught by the air coming down. Nice to see an event during the daytime as well. 

Driving around town the scenery is spectacular.  The snow accumulating on the trees and roadways makes it almost feel like we are in a snow belt area.  Pure white everywhere the eye can see.  The snow banks are creeping higher and higher each snow storm and it feels like your driving down tunnels.  I wish this snow cover could stick around another 2 months!  It was expected that snow ratios would be higher than 25:1, the 528 thickness was down into C IL so it doesn't surprise me some locations are reporting 30:1 ratios or higher.  LOT seems to underestimate Clipper snow ratios I've noticed.

Currently 1.6"  IMBY...

Driving around town the scenery is spectacular.  The snow accumulating on the trees and roadways makes it almost feel like we are in a snow belt area.  Pure white everywhere the eye can see.  The snow banks are creeping higher and higher each snow storm and it feels like your driving down tunnels.  I wish this snow cover could stick around another 2 months!  It was expected that snow ratios would be higher than 25:1, the 528 thickness was down into C IL so it doesn't surprise me some locations are reporting 30:1 ratios or higher.  LOT seems to underestimate Clipper snow ratios I've noticed.

Currently 1.6"  IMBY...

If it makes you feel any better, DVN was only going with 14-17:1 ratios..

+1 ED, these little Clippers can be nice surprises.  It literally has been snowing in varying intensities all day long.  Absolutely beautiful out there and I'm taking it all in.  Before you know it, ppl will be complaining that its too D**n humid outside.  LOL

• Like 1

Finished with 3.0" here.  Perhaps I could have added the afternoon fluff total to the morning burst total and recorded 3.2" or so, but I didn't want to feel like I was cheating.  The afternoon fluff had almost no water in it.  The ratio was at least 50 to 1.  My precip total was 0.11", which gave me a final ratio of 27 to 1, my highest of the season.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"