Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

East/Gulf Coast Weather 2016

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

weatherfan2012

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:29 AM

weatherfan2012

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Alot like a 82-83 winter where it was a one wonder in a record warm and boring winter over all
  • Phil likes this

Phil

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:40 AM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13173 posts
  • LocationCabin John, MD.

Alot like a 82-83 winter where it was a one wonder in a record warm and boring winter over all

Yeah, pretty much. I wasn't alive for that winter, but looking back it looks like it had the same general vibe to it.
Personal Weather Station, Live Stream on Wunderground: https://www.wundergr...BETHE62#history

Warm season 2017
Thunderstorm days: 10
Severe days: 5
Rain total: 11.58"
Highs at/above 90*F: 16
Warmest high: 99.4*F
Warmest low: 79.7*F

iFred

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:34 PM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania.
Hey Phil, any chance for a detailed Spring-Summer forecast?

Phil

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:12 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts

Hey Phil, any chance for a detailed Spring-Summer forecast?

Yeah, I was actually looking over some analogs today. I suspect long term, the March-May period will wind up warmer than normal, with precipitation near normal. We should warm up substantially in mid/late April, following one last round of wave amplification under the SSW/FW influence.

I want to wait another 4-5 weeks on the specifics/details regarding the summer outlook, but I suspect we're in for a warmer/drier than average summer overall, with June being the coolest month relative to average, and August being the driest month relative to average. This is also a year where we'll have to watch for hurricanes tracking up the coast or making landfall nearby starting in mid/late August. Wouldn't surprise me if another hurricane-Irene type storm occurs this year, which brought 60-80mph winds into the metro areas.
Personal Weather Station, Live Stream on Wunderground: https://www.wundergr...BETHE62#history

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:02 AM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Wouldn't surprise me to see several 40-50+mph gusts across the region this afternoon. Should be a good setup for downsloping,

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 28 March 2016 - 01:19 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Man, it's howling out there, by far the strongest gradient wind event of the year so far.

My anemometer is somewhat sheltered and still recorded a 53mph gust.

Warm season 2017

iFred

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:57 AM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts
Decent winds outside of Philadelphia last night.

Sunny and 44° in North Philly.

Phil

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:25 AM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Much calmer today overall, highest gust is 37mph as of now.

Currently 53/27, fairly comfortable in the sunshine.

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:39 AM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Beautiful out there, 61/25 currently with a blizzard of cherry blossom petals on sunny southerly breezes.

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy April and May while they last.

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:45 AM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
March was another blowtorch month overall, minus the early month snowfall and mid-month "attempt".

Hopefully the last several months aren't a sign of what's to come going forward, otherwise it's going to be a long, torrid warm season.

Attached File  image.png   16.01KB   0 downloads

Warm season 2017

weatherfan2012

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:57 AM

weatherfan2012

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Incredible how consistently warm it has been the last few months.

iFred

Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:46 PM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts
Looks like a good shot for some thunderstorms on Friday.

Phil

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:05 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts

Incredible how consistently warm it has been the last few months.

Yeah, really starting to look like we've entered warm background regimen that should continue into the warm season, and will continue probably for another year or two.

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:12 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts

Looks like a good shot for some thunderstorms on Friday.

Shear/dynamics aloft look great, but surface instability/CAPE might be a problem if we can't scour out the lower levels. Still a bit early for us, severe-wise, but I like what I'm seeing in the overall patterns this year.

Warm season 2017

iFred

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:18 PM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts

Shear/dynamics aloft look great, but surface instability/CAPE might be a problem if we can't scour out the lower levels. Still a bit early for us, severe-wise, but I like what I'm seeing in the overall patterns this year.

I'm just over eager and think that anything with more than a couple strikes of lightning is severe.

I'm excited for my first Tornado warning.
  • Phil likes this

Phil

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:53 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts

I'm just over eager and think that anything with more than a couple strikes of lightning is severe.

I'm excited for my first Tornado warning.

In that case you'll probably be satisfied.

You can have the tornadoes, though. We had one narrowly miss us in 2003 and it was (and remains) the scariest experience of my life. I was 10yrs old and remember it like it was yesterday.

Warm season 2017

weatherfan2012

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:00 PM

weatherfan2012

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Yeah, really starting to look like we've entered warm background regimen that should continue into the warm season, and will continue probably for another year or two.

agreed what happens after 2017 the late 20teens and 2020s depends largely on what happens with the upcoming solar minimum.also depends how severe or deep cycles 25 and 26 end up being which will determined how strong of a cooling the next 50 years ends up being.a couple of cycles that end up as no shows would be quite troublesome.so it will be interesting to see how this does play out.I still beleave the periold after 2017 is going to be a test for both sides idea wise.we likey should enjoy the over all warm background singal as it could crash fast and hard sooner or later.

Phil

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:49 AM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Nice AFD from LWX this morning. Going conservative on winds as usual, but wouldn't be surprised to see 60+mph gusts in the lowlands with the secondary frontal passage Saturday evening/night, given the CAA/pressure surge under 65-70kt winds at 950mb. Might even hit hurricane force on the ridgetops out west.

.SHORT TERM /FRIDAY THROUGH SATURDAY/...THE COLD FRONT WILL BE NEAR THE APPALACHIANS FRIDAY MORNING AND SHOWERS WILL MOVE EASTWARD ACROSS THE MID-ATLANTIC. ALTHOUGH A NON- CLIMO TIME OF DAY FOR THUNDERSTORMS...LOW CAPE AND MODERATE SHEAR MAY BE ENOUGH TO FORM THUNDERSTORMS FRIDAY MORNING. THE FRONT WILL BE NEAR THE BLUE RIDGE/I-95 BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND HEATING AHEAD OF THE FRONT MAY RESULT IN ANOTHER ROUND OF THUNDERSTORMS. FCST CAPE VALUES ARE FORECAST NEAR 1000 J/KG IN THIS AREA WITH MODERATE SHEAR. BEST LOCATION WILL BE ALONG AND EAST OF I-95. THE FRONT WILL SLOWLY MOVE EASTWARD INTO THE EVENING. SHOWERS WILL BE POSSIBLE ALONG AND AHEAD OF THE FRONT THROUGH THE EVENING.

DRY AIR WILL FILTER IN FROM THE WEST FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY. THE COLD FRONT WILL SLOWLY MOVE TO THE EAST SATURDAY. SHOWERS AND CLOUDS ARE EXPECTED IN VICINITY OF THE FRONT...MAINLY ALONG AND EAST OF I- 95. TEMPS IN THE 60S EXPECTED SATURDAY.

&&

.LONG TERM /SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY/...AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH WILL SWING THROUGH THE NORTHEAST STATES SAT NIGHT BRINGING A SHOT OF VERY COLD AIR FOR EARLY APRIL STANDARDS. SNOW SHOWERS ARE EXPECTED OVER THE MTNS WITH 1-3 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION LIKELY. RAIN SHOWERS EAST OF THE MTNS SAT EVENING WILL LIKELY CHANGE TO SNOW SHOWERS BEFORE PRECIP ENDS BUT NO ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED. ANOTHER CONCERN IS FOR STRONG WIND GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 45 MPH BEHIND FROPA. GFS SHOWS STRONG 3-HR PRESSURE SURGE OF 5 TO 7 MB. LATEST SREF SHOWS 70% OF SUSTAINED WINDS OF 20 MPH OVER THE MTNS AND NORTHERN HALF OF THE FCST AREA WHILE GFS 500-METER WINDS AGL ARE UP TO 65 KTS IN THE MTNS AND 58 KT OVER NORTHEAST MD. WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA WINDS APPEAR LIKELY WITH WARNING CRITERIA WINDS POSSIBLE AT ELEVATIONS ABV 3500 FT. THERE WILL ALSO BE A WIND CHILL IN THE AIR AS TEMPERATURES PLUMMET THROUGH THE 30S AND 20S AND WINDS STRENGTHEN. ALSO...FREEZE WARNINGS WILL BE NEEDED FOR SAT NIGHT AND MUCH OF NEXT WEEK SINCE WE`RE STARTING FROST/FREEZE PROGRAM EARLIER THIS YEAR.

SHORTWAVE RIDGE BUILDS MON LEADING TO A REBOUND IN TEMPS. ANOTHER TROUGH WILL SWING THROUGH THE AREA MON NIGHT BRINGING SOME SHOWERS TO THE AREA MON NIGHT. OVERALL...ROLLER COASTER RIDE WITH LARGE SWINGS IN TEMPERATURES EXPECTED ALL OF NEXT WEEK.

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:20 AM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Clouds are racing across the sky this morning under the LLJ. Looks like a good amount of clear sky so might be able to obtain some heating/mixing of those winds down to the surface. Gusts probably top out at 40mph, ideally.

As for Saturday night, I'd love a High Wind Warning caliber event. We're due for one, and frankly it's been a pathetic year for gradient windstorms so far. Let's do this!
  • iFred likes this

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:32 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Beautiful day today, high of 74/50 this afternoon around 350pm.

Breezy at times also, gusts between 30-40mph regionwide this afternoon, with 46mph measured in Germantown, MD, at WxBug Headquarters.

Modeling still looks impressive with the pressure surge Saturday night. If these solutions hold or improve through the next 24hrs, I think there's a good chance for a high wind warning criteria event in the area. Also might see some convective snow squalls, though I suspect most of that activity will occur over the mountains into PA/NJ, where forcing/orographics will be a bit more favorable.

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:33 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Woah, the 00z NAM is a beast with the windstorm Saturday night. Taken verbatim, it would deliver 60-70mph gusts to the area, along with convective snow squalls.

This one is ours. :)

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:36 AM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Cluster of high-base thunderstorms w/ frequent lightning approaching from SW VA. Could get loud here in a few hours if they hold together.

High wind watches already going up for the Saturday night event. The latest AFD mentions storm force winds over the waters and blowout tides, too. Finally, a prolonged active weather pattern is upon us.
  • iFred likes this

Warm season 2017

iFred

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:01 AM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts
67f and the dew points are in the 60s. Feels soupy in Philly.

Andie

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:40 AM

Andie

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1307 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in North Texas
Sorry to be absent so much. Fretting over a novel that's more complex than I expected.

Not much to report in Texas except the usual rain, sun pattern. We're still on the cool side. In the 50's this morning. Most folks I talk to aren't ready for summer so I'm happy to be dealing with the chill.

Any comments on what the summer will be like in the southern plains ?? Please.
  • Phil likes this

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

Phil

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:44 AM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Impressive 12z 4km NAM run, progging a 70kt LLJ under a 7.5mb/3hr pressure surge during optimal CAA. Winds would easily reach warning criteria in this circumstance, with a few isolated 70mph gusts possible.

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:46 AM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts

Sorry to be absent so much. Fretting over a novel that's more complex than I expected.

Not much to report in Texas except the usual rain, sun pattern. We're still on the cool side. In the 50's this morning. Most folks I talk to aren't ready for summer so I'm happy to be dealing with the chill.

Any comments on what the summer will be like in the southern plains ?? Please.

I'm thinking warmer than normal, probably drier than normal too (particularly during the second half of summer), barring any tropical cyclone activity/influence.

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Looks like a borderline-severe cluster of cells is heading for you, Fred. I hope you make it home in time to observe it.

In other news, downsloping is killing us here, as is often the case in the absence of high CAPE and/or a focused boundary.

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:22 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Gorgeous out there, currently 83/58. Loving the low humidity.

Winds are gusting pretty good here, aided by the downslope component as winds beer along the broad boundary. Looks like generally 30-40mph across the area.

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:06 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
LWX betting a weak nocturnal inversion/slightly weaker 850mb jet will cap winds at 55mph south of a line from Gaithersburg to Annapolis. High Wind Warnings hoisted north of that line, wind advisories south. Probably too conservative, in my not so humble opinion, given the adiabatic warming that will occur under the pressure surge in conjunction with the CAA aloft.

I suspect we'll manage 60mph here, not sure about locations S/E of the Fall Line, though. I would upgrade SE Montgomery/DC/Fairfax/Loudon to a HWW, and hoist a wind advisory for any counties in central VA not included in the original product, but that's just my unprofessional opinion.
  • iFred likes this

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:37 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Gusts overperforming in Ohio. Already gusting to 63mph in Dayton, OH, with gusts regionwide coming in higher than HRRR/RAP prognostications.

Let's do this thing!
  • iFred likes this

Warm season 2017

iFred

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:03 PM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts

Looks like there is a squall line out there forming, Might see a little snow tonight before the winds pick up. 58Fº and partly cloudy with a very light wind, in Montgomery County.

iFred

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts

Interesting to see that the last few GFS runs have had the lowest heights over Philly, with 509-512mb.

Phil

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:33 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts

Looks like there is a squall line out there forming, Might see a little snow tonight before the winds pick up. 58Fº and partly cloudy with a very light wind, in Montgomery County.

There will almost certainly be a squall along the boundary, probably more impressive up your way than down here. I can't think of a strong vortmax without one at this time of year. Going to be a heavy wind producer in of itself.

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:06 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Lightning frequency increasing in the squalls. That vortmax is intensifying.

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:32 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Wind already gusting here ahead of the boundary. This has the vibe of a biggie.
  • iFred likes this

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:03 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
HRRR really cranks the winds in the squall..zone of 70mph gusts heading for Philadelphia. Looks like 60mph in the DC area.

Attached File  image.jpeg   312.61KB   1 downloads
  • iFred likes this

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:39 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Monster gusts reported west of here. First round (ahead of the boundary) should be here in 5-10 minutes.

Edit: Woah, close to 80mph reported in Snowshoe, WV. Lots of 60+mph gusts about 50 miles from here. Going to be a heavy event.

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Reached 52mph, seemed much stronger with leaves on the trees. The bigger gusts with the main squalls have yet to arrive from the west.

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:32 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Transformers going off to the west ahead of the main event..ill miss y'all.

Warm season 2017

iFred

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:49 PM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts

Nothing but a light breeze here so far.

I see that the squall has made it to the Philly suburbs. Strong enough for a special statement.

Phil

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:51 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Hit 61mph here, Dulles has gusted to 65mph, a few 70mph gusts out west! Winds still getting stronger.

Warm season 2017

Phil

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:53 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
Looks like LWX finally got a clue. High Wind Warnings issued, wind advisories cancelled for the DC metro.

I'm starting to get nervous. Really howling.

Warm season 2017

iFred

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:56 PM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts

Some Facebook reports noting that the wind event with the squall was "prolonged" and stronger than some of the summer events they have experienced in the past.

Phil

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:01 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts

Some Facebook reports noting that the wind event with the squall was "prolonged" and stronger than some of the summer events they have experienced in the past.

Yeah, like most of these events the squalls deliver the first round of gusts, the cold air advection/pressure surge lags by a few hours and delivers the second/often stronger round of gusts. Strongest winds associated with the pressure surge/jet should arrive after 1AM.

Looks like DCA just gusted to 59mph.

Warm season 2017

iFred

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:17 PM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts

a few strikes of lightning off in the distance. Just got the alert for a severe thunderstorm warning.

iFred

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:18 PM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

DEC003-NJC005-007-015-021-033-PAC017-029-045-091-101-030400-
/O.NEW.KPHI.SV.W.0019.160403T0309Z-160403T0400Z/

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
1109 PM EDT SAT APR 2 2016

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...
NORTHERN NEW CASTLE COUNTY IN NORTHERN DELAWARE...
NORTHWESTERN CAMDEN COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...
NORTHWESTERN GLOUCESTER COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...
NORTHWESTERN MERCER COUNTY IN CENTRAL NEW JERSEY...
NORTHWESTERN SALEM COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...
NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...
SOUTHEASTERN CHESTER COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA...
SOUTHEASTERN BUCKS COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA...
DELAWARE COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA...
SOUTHEASTERN MONTGOMERY COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA...
PHILADELPHIA COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA...

* UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT

* AT 1108 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A LINE OF SEVERE
THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60
MPH. THESE STORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM NEAR
MARSHALLTON TO NEAR GLASGOW...AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT 60 TO 70
MPH. HALF INCH DIAMETER HAIL MAY ALSO ACCOMPANY THE DAMAGING WINDS.

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE NEAR...
WEST CHESTER...WESTTOWN...GRADYVILLE...CHEYNEY AND LIMA AROUND 1115
PM EDT.
CARNEYS POINT...PENNS GROVE...PAOLI...NEWTOWN SQUARE...TROUT LAKE...
BROOMALL AND TALLEYVILLE AROUND 1120 PM EDT.
NORRISTOWN...WEST NORRITON...EAST NORRITON...CONSHOHOCKEN...NARBERTH...
ARDEN...KING OF PRUSSIA...RADNOR TOWNSHIP...BRYN MAWR AND CHELSEA
AROUND 1125 PM EDT.
CHESTER...AMBLER...SWARTHMORE...SWEDESBORO...PLYMOUTH MEETING...
GIBBSTOWN...BECKETT...PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL ARPT...CHESTNUT HILL
AND CHESTER TOWNSHIP AROUND 1130 PM EDT.
DEPTFORD...WEST DEPTFORD...YEADON...FOLCROFT...PAULSBORO...JENKINTOWN...
WOODBURY HEIGHTS...NATIONAL PARK...EAST LANSDOWNE AND ROCKLEDGE
AROUND 1135 PM EDT.
PHILADELPHIA...GLOUCESTER CITY...BELLMAWR...WOODBURY...HATBORO...
WESTVILLE...BROOKLAWN...BRYN ATHYN...IVYLAND AND AUDUBON PARK AROUND
1140 PM EDT.
CAMDEN...CHERRY HILL...VOORHEES...LINDENWOLD...MAGNOLIA...NEWTOWN...
LANGHORNE...RICHBORO...ERLTON-ELLISBURG AND ASHLAND AROUND 1145 PM
EDT.
EVESHAM...MOUNT LAUREL...RIVERSIDE...PALMYRA...YARDLEY...RAMBLEWOOD...
WASHINGTON CROSSING...WASHINGTON CROSSING...GREENTREE AND WOODSIDE
AROUND 1150 PM EDT.

OTHER LOCATIONS IMPACTED BY THESE SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS INCLUDE
ORELAND...MARCUS HOOK...LAWNSIDE...BARRINGTON...WOODLYN...BOOTHWYN...
TRAINER...SPRINGFIELD...WEST CONSHOHOCKEN AND EDGEWATER PARK.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCE DAMAGING WINDS...LARGE HAIL...DEADLY
LIGHTNING AND VERY HEAVY RAIN. FOR YOUR PROTECTION...MOVE TO AN
INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS. HEAVY
RAINS FLOOD ROADS QUICKLY SO DO NOT DRIVE INTO AREAS WHERE WATER
COVERS THE ROAD.

IN ADDITION TO LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS...FREQUENT CLOUD TO
GROUND LIGHTNING IS OCCURRING WITH THIS STORM. MOVE INDOORS
IMMEDIATELY. REMEMBER...IF YOU CAN HEAR THUNDER...YOU ARE CLOSE
ENOUGH TO BE STRUCK BY LIGHTNING.

&&

LAT...LON 3997 7567 4037 7480 3987 7487 3968 7551
3971 7549 3972 7551 3967 7555 3961 7574
TIME...MOT...LOC 0308Z 240DEG 59KT 3995 7564 3963 7572

$

DRAG

iFred

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:24 PM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts

Long rolling thunder and frequent lightning.

The radar doesn't give the storm the impression of something strong.

iFred

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:28 PM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts

Just ahead of the front now. Deepest thunder I have ever heard and the winds are intense.

iFred

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts

Latest capture.

Attached Files

Phil

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:39 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 13173 posts
The CAA/gradient winds have started here. Will be interesting to see if we can see more gusts in the 60-65mph range.

Warm season 2017