East/Gulf Coast Weather 2016

Phil

I will be visiting Abilene again in December. I hope it is as much fun as last year. We had 70s and sunshine followed by 30s and thunderstorms and then 20s and snow!

Oh don't bet on it. I've heard it will be a slightly warm winter. So you'll get your higher temps, but sadly I don't think we'll see snow this year. I hope I'm wrong along with all the other party poopers. Right now I'm just hoping for regular rain.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

this is one of the most borning streaks of weather I have seen in a long time.can't even by a drop of rain with this pattern so far.data has been pointing to a cold blast mid month but how cold and how long it last is very much up in the air.not alot of high conferdents going into this winter unlike the last few which was alot easier to see coming,and it reflects in many of the winter outlooks alot of less surety predictions this year with the mix singals.

this is one of the most borning streaks of weather I have seen in a long time.can't even by a drop of rain with this pattern so far.data has been pointing to a cold blast mid month but how cold and how long it last is very much up in the air.not alot of high conferdents going into this winter unlike the last few which was alot easier to see coming,and it reflects in many of the winter outlooks alot of less surety predictions this year with the mix singals.

Yeah, this is getting absurd. I remember when autumn storm systems used to roll through every week. The last few years have been f**king pathetic.

What I remember most about the fall of 98 was the brush fires across the reagion as we were in a drought pattern since that july.those that was a moderate La nina that followed that 97-98 el nino but was very much a fall that sucked funny enough we ended up with a white Christmas lol those some ninas can be front loaded deliverys.

• Like 1

We warmed 20+ degrees in 2hrs this morning as the downsloping N/NW winds kicked in. Went from 38 to 58.

Oh don't bet on it. I've heard it will be a slightly warm winter. So you'll get your higher temps, but sadly I don't think we'll see snow this year. I hope I'm wrong along with all the other party poopers. Right now I'm just hoping for regular rain.

Yeah, I know I got lucky last time. :) But one can always hope. I think that this winter will feature some good cold shots in the CONUS, just not sure where or when. Good signal for strong blocking and a -AO could do wonders for somebody. 

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

boring weather the past week, matter a fact the past 3 months or so.

Really, what a snoozefest. #makeweathergreatagain

Might at least pull off our first freeze tonight.

Currently 33.9 as of 245AM. I think we make it.

60* foggy and rain all day.

We've received .53" of rain so far today.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

congrats to trump and affiliates on the win. who would have imagined

Definitely a surprise to me. Will be interesting to see how he governs.

Better no doubt than his competition. Say, do you think she's ill?

Gorgeous weather here n Texas right now. In the 70's, clear.

Finally obtained our first sub-50 high of the season. Pathetically late, but it's progress at least.

Should drop into the mid/upper 20s tonight. Will probably kill off the remaining insects.

Hey Phil, check your pm's once in awhile !

Still gorgeous here. 70's, clear. Wishing for rain.

Made it down to 26.2 this morning. Growing season is definitely finished now.

Currently 59.6/18. Haven't seen a dewpoint in the teens since last March I think.

Hey Phil, check your pm's once in awhile !

Still gorgeous here. 70's, clear. Wishing for rain.

My apologies. I've been swamped with work lately.

Well, the 12z ECMWF is quite fun. Has heavy rain w/ temps in the 70s, changing over to snow w/ temps in the mid/upper 30s just 6hrs later with howling winds. Looks like 40-60mph gusts are possible with ideal mixing/proper orientation of the gradient.

Zzzzzz.

Nonstop boringness since July. Almost getting to the point where I'm losing interest in weather altogether.

Not just for us but for most of the country it has been one of the most borning I have seen.I really think we are in some sort of transition mode and this may give us a fit forecasting wise over the next few years, the good news is as solar continues to weaken over the next few years the more colder more severe winters will start to be favered.I'm really interested how cycles 25 and 26 turn out being.in other words how low they end up being will have a big saying in how the winters in the 2020s and beowed will behave.

Could be a dynamic frontal passage for us on Saturday. I think 50mph winds and snow showers are possible given the vorticity immediately behind the front.

• Like 1

Wind advisory just issued for gusts up to 55mph here.

Finally something interesting incoming.

Front is now crossing the blue ridge..gonna be one heck of a pressure surge. Also noticing some smoke in the air, being carried up here from the fires in the VA/WV ridges.

The wind surge should clear the air this evening.

Wind is literally howling. Station recorded 40mph through a grove of pine trees..probably 45-50mph in reality.

Huge winds! Neighbor's pine tree snapped at the base and fell on the house, taking out part of the gutter. Got it on camera too.

Sleeting here. What a perfect frontal passage. Nearby WxLink station (somewhat more exposed than mine) hit 55mph. BWI hit 51mph, DCA hit 50mph.

Winds have lulled for the time being but should return even stronger tomorrow.

This guy snapped off at the base. Nailed that house on the way down.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-11/A348D81F-1258-4167-890E-8B1F58120C22_zps8vuh2ptn.jpeg

Downsloping keeping precipitation at bay down here, while temps have been hovering in the low 40s all day.

Winds continue to howl, with gusts at/above 50mph being observed at most locations west of the Fall Line.

Man, it's just going bonkers out there. Just lost a big piece of the gutter off the side of the house.

• Like 1

Most of the cold for the first week or so of December looks to stay west of the mountains mid west and Ohio so it's going to be a slow transition hopefully mid December the colder values spread further east in time for the holidays to pervent last year's Christmas warm debacle to something that at least feels more like the season.I could see a case where we see a colder winter but the snow is more moderate and spread oUT more doing the season vers the one big hit wonder of last year.could be a winter that favors alot of miller's Bs which may mean new england Boston has a better chance of getting a bigger storm this winter then those further south.which is typical for weak nina negative neutral winters.the 95-96 is a outliner of sorts as that nina acted more like a west Basen nino in a snow stance.those that winter the huge strong negative nao completely controlled that winter.along with a active subtropical jet was the perfect storm of that snowy winter.

It's been fairing dull lately. In the 70's and partly cloudy.

Next Friday will bring us cooler temps though in the 50's and beginning Saturday, 3 days of rain and 1 1/2" of rain.

Nice soaking rains this week it looks like. Need it badly around the whole region.

We all need it badly.

Terrible situation ongoing in Gatlinburg TN. Wildfire there is so out of control it's producing its own "weather" now, with winds over 80mph and temperatures up to 120 degrees occurring downtown.