Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Political Banter Thread for the West

* - - - - 1 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

snow_wizard

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:50 PM

snow_wizard

The Snow Wizard

• Mods
  • 10631 posts
  • LocationCovington, WA

He cheated his way in with the Russians. You are way too cocky because he won. He will be impeached within a year.

You are still believing the very media that said he had absolutely zero chance of winning.

Russia did nothing more than allow people to see material that was 100% true.
Death To Warm Anomalies!

winter.jpg

Winter 2016-17 Stats

Total snow = 9.8"
Days Min 32 or below = 61
Days Max 32 or below = 1
Days Max Below 40 = 29
Coldest Min = 16

snow_wizard

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:51 PM

snow_wizard

The Snow Wizard

• Mods
  • 10631 posts
  • LocationCovington, WA

Is this the same kind of word marking prior to one of the slam dunk snow events this winter in Covington?

I'm certainly not pants on fire anxiety-ridden over embarking on his presidency, but this is truly experimental. Anyone convinced of his impending demise or soaring success is full of it.

Fair enough. The potential certainly exists for him to be great. We needed to try something new and he obviously will.
Death To Warm Anomalies!

winter.jpg

Winter 2016-17 Stats

Total snow = 9.8"
Days Max 32 or below = 1
Days Max Below 40 = 29
Coldest Min = 16

TT-SEA

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:18 AM

TT-SEA

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21772 posts

You are still believing the very media that said he had absolutely zero chance of winning.

Russia did nothing more than allow people to see material that was 100% true.

Don't get too cocky Jim.    A foreign government intentionally influenced a US election likely with the blessing of one of the candidates and its fine by you since you hate Hilary.  You really think its good to allow this to happen?  

Can your imagine your outrage if Hillary was working with the Russians to bring down Trump.       :lol:

Nonetheless... the media is obviously not wrong about everything forever now.     

Money

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:27 AM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts

Don't get too cocky Jim.    A foreign government intentionally influenced a US election likely with the blessing of one of the candidates and its fine by you since you hate Hilary.  You really think its good to allow this to happen?  

Can your imagine your outrage if Hillary was working with the Russians to bring down Trump.       :lol:

Nonetheless... the media is obviously not wrong about everything forever now.     

You liberals need someone to blame after your candidate got destroyed. Obama already came out and said Russia didn't change or hack into one machine and the voting was legitimate. 

Hillary messed up when she didn't even campaign in WI at all and only came in at the last second in MI. She always said "they go low we go high" but at the end of the race she was going low the entire time. 

TT-SEA

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:40 AM

TT-SEA

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 21772 posts

You liberals need someone to blame after your candidate got destroyed. Obama already came out and said Russia didn't change or hack into one machine and the voting was legitimate. 

Hillary messed up when she didn't even campaign in WI at all and only came in at the last second in MI. She always said "they go low we go high" but at the end of the race she was going low the entire time. 

I am Republican on most issues.   I don't care at all about Hillary.    Both candidates were flawed.    

Side note... Hillary won by about 3 million votes in total.    Not exactly destroyed.    

happ

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:00 AM

happ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3407 posts
  • LocationRancho San Rafael [ele: 910'] °

It is quite extraordinary that some Republicans [Bill Kristol] are encouraging Congress to seek ways to dispose of Trump as quickly as possible   :lol:

TT-SEA

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:09 AM

TT-SEA

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 21772 posts

It is quite extraordinary that some Republicans [Bill Kristol] are encouraging Congress to seek ways to dispose of Trump as quickly as possible :lol:

Mike Pence has a good chance to be president. Quite the quick path from unknown to Commander-In-Chief.

Mr Marine Layer

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:24 AM

Mr Marine Layer

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • LocationLake Forest, CA

For those who are angry about Russia, this is some good reading and it's not from Fox News or some right-wing biased website.

Democrats, Trump, and the Ongoing, Dangerous Refusal to Learn the Lesson of Brexit

A few points of my own:

1. People were already blaming Russians the day after the election, which means they knew about it before the election. It did not become really a big issue until after Jill Stein's futile recount attempts failed to stop Trump.

2. As TT-SEA said both candidates were flawed, but the liberal-biased media made Trump the devil and rarely said any negative thing about Hillary Clinton.

3. Hiding the truth is the same as lying. Russians knew the media was hiding the truth about Hillary and if hacking was the only way to get it out, so be it. It still does not make hacking right, but that's beyond the point.

4. Evidence also suggests the primaries were rigged against Bernie and favored Hillary.

richard mann

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:36 AM

richard mann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3412 posts
  • LocationParadise, CA

Fair enough. The potential certainly exists for him to be great. We needed to try something new ... .

By this logic "Charlie Tuna" would even do pretty well. 

---twitter_logo-t12.png

richard mann

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:11 AM

richard mann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3412 posts
  • LocationParadise, CA

-

And, .. It's kinda down to the "issues" again (?) maybe, here at this point. ....

... For one, I know "we" need to do something about Arnold Swarzenegger's poor ratings as the host of "The New Celebrity Apprentice". 

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/06/donald-trump-arnold-schwarzenegger-celebrity-apprentice-ratings/

---twitter_logo-t12.png

snow_wizard

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:36 AM

snow_wizard

The Snow Wizard

• Mods
  • 10631 posts
  • LocationCovington, WA

It is quite extraordinary that some Republicans [Bill Kristol] are encouraging Congress to seek ways to dispose of Trump as quickly as possible   :lol:

Bill Kristol is a globalist. That's what this election really came down to.
Death To Warm Anomalies!

winter.jpg

Winter 2016-17 Stats

Total snow = 9.8"
Days Max 32 or below = 1
Days Max Below 40 = 29
Coldest Min = 16

snow_wizard

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:40 AM

snow_wizard

The Snow Wizard

• Mods
  • 10631 posts
  • LocationCovington, WA

For those who are angry about Russia, this is some good reading and it's not from Fox News or some right-wing biased website.

Democrats, Trump, and the Ongoing, Dangerous Refusal to Learn the Lesson of Brexit

A few points of my own:

4. Evidence also suggests the primaries were rigged against Bernie and favored Hillary.

That is the point I would focusing on if I were a democrat. The real crime is the way the DNC treated Bernie. The DNC are a bunch of crooks that will do anything to ram their selected candidate down our throats. People have had it with that crap.

Nothing is going to come of any of these red herrings the media keeps throwing at us. It's nothing but desperation on their part. Trump has done nothing wrong.
Death To Warm Anomalies!

winter.jpg

Winter 2016-17 Stats

Total snow = 9.8"
Days Max 32 or below = 1
Days Max Below 40 = 29
Coldest Min = 16

snow_wizard

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:51 AM

snow_wizard

The Snow Wizard

• Mods
  • 10631 posts
  • LocationCovington, WA
Apparently their is some scuttlebutt going around there might be violent protests in Washington D.C. on the day of Trump's inauguration. Will these people ever give up? Talk about sore LOSERS! I blame the media 101% for stirring up all of this hostility.
Death To Warm Anomalies!

winter.jpg

Winter 2016-17 Stats

Total snow = 9.8"
Days Max 32 or below = 1
Days Max Below 40 = 29
Coldest Min = 16

TT-SEA

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:16 PM

TT-SEA

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 21772 posts

Apparently their is some scuttlebutt going around there might be violent protests in Washington D.C. on the day of Trump's inauguration. Will these people ever give up? Talk about sore LOSERS! I blame the media 101% for stirring up all of this hostility.

Yes Jim... people don't normally protest anything. Its just the orange buffoon. :)

Mr Marine Layer

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:41 PM

Mr Marine Layer

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

People can protest all they want as long as it is peaceful

The problem is it may likely not be.

On the day of President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration protesters are planning an anti-capitalist march, road blockades and disruptions to inauguration balls. The protests will likely include property destruction, a source with intimate knowledge of the protest plans told The Daily Caller Friday.

TT-SEA

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:46 PM

TT-SEA

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 21772 posts

People can protest all they want as long as it is peaceful

The problem is it may likely not be.

Well... the anarchists tear apart Seattle every May Day for no reason at all. Morons will be morons. They just pick a cause to latch onto and then cause chaos.

richard mann

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:46 PM

richard mann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3412 posts
  • LocationParadise, CA

.. Value (As far as what actually gets donemore presidentiallycertainly.), somewhere in the rage of and between "dime novel" to "soap opera". ... 

(Daytime and Reality, TV. ?)

---twitter_logo-t12.png

TT-SEA

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:00 PM

TT-SEA

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 21772 posts

Hilarious... regardless of your politics.

https://www.youtube....h?v=2V8TO6y0IR4

Money

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:40 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts

https://www.youtube....h?v=2V8TO6y0IR4

I found it to be stupid and not funny tbh 

Deweydog

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:16 PM

Deweydog

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 11807 posts
  • LocationHockinson, WA

It's low hanging fruit kind of comedy. SNL used to be more clever about it. See Phil Hartman as Clinton or Will Ferrell as Bush.
  • Jesse likes this

All roads lead to Walgreens.  

Front Ranger

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:27 PM

Front Ranger

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9465 posts
  • LocationWestminster, CO

It's low hanging fruit kind of comedy. SNL used to be more clever about it. See Phil Hartman as Clinton or Will Ferrell as Bush.

The pee part was mildly clever.

Cool anomalies soothe the soul.

richard mann

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:31 PM

richard mann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3412 posts
  • LocationParadise, CA

Looking at the ".. stupid not funny" comment above connected to the "SNL" opening.

In my view, "funny" or not, the ideas pointed to suggested, had certainly been "stupid" enough to have pointed to them as having been.

"Low hanging fruit", from above otherwise. (?) .. A lot of it out these days, also certainly.

---twitter_logo-t12.png

richard mann

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

richard mann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3412 posts
  • LocationParadise, CA

-

Not all together surprising, (Whad'a ya know.?) .... A "particularly" "quiet", "Martin Luther King's Birthday". 

"Why.?" ..... (K-E...Y.) 

hqdefault.jpg

Because we "like" you.

• Jesse likes this
---twitter_logo-t12.png

TT-SEA

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:39 PM

TT-SEA

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 21772 posts

Trump's normal mannerism and speech are so stupid and comical that he comes across like an SNL skit when he is being serious.   It must make it hard for the comedians because its just too easy.

Deweydog

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

Deweydog

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 11807 posts
  • LocationHockinson, WA

Trump normal mannerism and speech are so stupid and comical that he comes across like an SNL skit when he is being serious. It must make it hard for the comedians because its just too easy.

I suppose. I just remember watching it Saturday night and finding everything unusually predictable. It's not really a Trump thing, more an SNL thing. I watched half the episode and it just wasn't funny.

TT-SEA

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

TT-SEA

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 21772 posts

I suppose. I just remember watching it Saturday night and finding everything unusually predictable. It's not really a Trump thing, more an SNL thing. I watched half the episode and it just wasn't funny.

Been that way for years... a few good sketches and lots of duds.   They peaked in the 90s.    Unlike Family Guy which just finds a way to stay on top of their game and even get better.  

Deweydog

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:57 PM

Deweydog

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 11807 posts
  • LocationHockinson, WA

Been that way for years... a few good sketches and lots of duds. They peaked in the 90s. Unlike Family Guy which just finds a way to stay on top of their game and even get better.

Yeah, the show died for me when Will Ferrell left.

Mr Marine Layer

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:26 PM

Mr Marine Layer

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Trump: I'm going to build the wall and make Mexico pay for it.

Obama: I'm going to make abortions easier than ever through ObamaCare and make the Christians and pro-lifers pay for it. 

(No Obama never said those exact words, but that's what he meant when he made our tax money go towards funding abortions).

Doesn't make Trump innocent, but it shows what a hypocrite Obama is, especially after banning Israeli settlements.

richard mann

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:59 PM

richard mann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3412 posts
  • LocationParadise, CA

Actually, he probably meant something even more general, Wouldn't you say.?  (Further sarcasm Alert.)

Something more like, "You .. (as in everyone on the planet.) should adjust your (their.) whole attitude and thinking regarding abortion/s. So that I can get this act through."

— Maybe even insist that Congress, or "Mexico", put up the funding, to send "everyone" off to a retreat somewhere, run by farmers, to think about it.  

.. That would have made "things" a little more simple/-r. 

That all, would have made him "look", at least a little bit, less hypocritical.  (Huh.?)

@ .. That stupid problem could have been dealt with and worked out quite easily. Had the "opposition" more broad, not been so busy (Interested in.?) working to "cock-block" the larger and main idea of "Affordable Healthcare" more as a whole. It, the Catholic Church and abortion idea / problem, looked at more in particularly, and what Mr. Obama had been faced with where having been trying to deal with it, having come down to his basically having had to as a "church and state" one. (Wake up. Run for office. At least try, to look at the broader picture.)

Trump: I'm going to build the wall and make Mexico pay for it.

As for the "Great Wall of Trump" (Which, where considering the idea of "paying for" of course, "Mexico" has already rejected.), ...

.. Can't "wait" to see it.

-----trumps_wall_thumbnail.jpg

---twitter_logo-t12.png

Money

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
Richard is one interesting character

Jesse

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

Jesse

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 15831 posts
  • LocationEast Vancouver, WA (300')

Great article. It is time for people to start thinking differently about how we approach and react to Trump. (Hint: stunts like the 40 Democratic lawmakers being giant crybabies and sitting out his nomination only makes things worse/makes him stronger).

http://www.salon.com...ed-elect-trump/

richard mann

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

richard mann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3412 posts
  • LocationParadise, CA

...  how we approach and react to Trump.

Study better and employ all of the different main elements of "Child Psychology". (?)

---twitter_logo-t12.png

TT-SEA

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:23 PM

TT-SEA

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 21772 posts

Great article. It is time for people to start thinking differently about how we approach and react to Trump. (Hint: stunts like the 40 Democratic lawmakers being giant crybabies and sitting out his nomination only makes things worse/makes him stronger).

http://www.salon.com...ed-elect-trump/

I totally agree... he thrives off that crap.     

Jesse

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:28 PM

Jesse

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 15831 posts

I totally agree... he thrives off that crap.

You should read the article. I think you would like it. Insightful glimpse into what makes him tick.

TT-SEA

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

TT-SEA

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 21772 posts

You should read the article. I think you would like it. Insightful glimpse into what makes him tick.

Working my way through it now.  

TT-SEA

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:54 PM

TT-SEA

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 21772 posts

Excerpt here that describes what I have been feeling... there seems to be a large segment of the population that has been almost brainwashed by Trump.   

Trump is very, very smart. Trump for 50 years has learned how to use people’s brains against them. That’s what master salesmen do. There’s a certain set of things they do. The first is repeat. Advertisers know this. You turn on your TV, and the same ad comes on over and over and over. The effect on the brain of repetition is that when you hear something it’s understood through the neural circuitry in your brain; it has to become activated. The more it’s repeated, the more that circuitry is activated, and every time it’s activated the synaptic connections become stronger. What that means when they become stronger is two things happen. One, they’re more likely to fire — it’s easier to get those ideas out there if they’re firing — and two, if you hear them often enough they become part of what’s fixed in your brain. They become part of what you naturally understand, and you can only understand what your brain allows you to understand.

Repetition is a way of changing people’s brains. What Trump was doing all through the nomination campaign was that every day he managed to get on TV, and he would repeat different things that activated the same moral framework, and it really worked. In addition you have particular frames that were repeated: “Crooked Hillary,” “crooked Hillary,” “crooked Hillary,”  over and over. There wasn’t anything Hillary did that was crooked. But he kept saying it until people believed it. And they believed it because it was heard enough times to strengthen the neural circuitry in their brains. It wasn’t just stupidity. It’s simply the way brains work.

Another thing he used was grammar, as in “radical Islamic terrorism.” What does “radical” mean? Radical means not part of what is normal and healthy and so on, but something on the fringe, number one. Two, terrorists – people who are out to get you, right? If you modify terrorists, there are two ways in which you can do it. There are two forms of applying adjectives to nouns, and the classic example is “the industrious Japanese,” which assumes either that all Japanese are industrious, or that there are some and I’m picking out those. But the idea that they’re all industrious is activated.

In this case, the idea that all people who are Islamic are terrorists is activated. And they’re radical. If you say that, it’s not like you’re picking out the tiny proportion who happened to be terrorists and radical. You’re saying it about everybody. That’s part of grammar. He is using grammar to get his point across, to get his worldview across, and then criticizing Clinton and Obama for not doing it, as if not saying it is not recognizing the threat.  

• Jesse likes this

Mr Marine Layer

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

Mr Marine Layer

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Funny that so many Democrats still believe Hillary did nothing wrong. Trump's repetition of "crooked Hillary" did absolutely nothing to change my vote. I did not even notice how much he said it. Smart people knew that the media was extremely biased toward Clinton and dismissed almost all of her faults. If you want a list of the scandals, here you go.

From Whitewater to Benghazi: A Clinton-Scandal Primer

I'm not saying Trump is a wonderful person. None of the candidates were a good choice. Many people voted for the one they were less afraid of.

I heard that people like Paula Jones have been "protesting" the protests planned by women the day after the inauguration. They say that what Hillary's husband did to them is far worse than any of the sexual assault incidents Trump is being blamed for.

Democrats need to accept the fact that they are responsible for losing the election to someone as unpopular as Donald Trump. Hillary was a horrible candidate.

richard mann

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:34 PM

richard mann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3412 posts
  • LocationParadise, CA

"Funny" to who.?

(Maniacal, that anything "Hillary" is still being brought up.)

---twitter_logo-t12.png

snow_wizard

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

snow_wizard

The Snow Wizard

• Mods
  • 10631 posts
  • LocationCovington, WA
I have to comment on the crap going on concerning musicians who wanted to perform at Trump's Inauguration, but have declined because of being harassed by the intolerant leftists in the entertainment community.

There is really nothing to say, but it's just plain un-American to coerce somebody into not performing for such an important occasion. I thought the democrats were supposed to be the party of tolerance and all of that happy horse s**t. Pretty pathetic.

I think it's also pathetic that major stars who have been asked to perform are declining just to be a$$holes about the whole thing. IMO the left is really shooting themselves in the foot on this whole Trump issue. They are just out of control with the fear mongering, and it's really a turn off to a huge part of the country. The country is almost as badly divided as it was just before the Civil War, and the media along with many of the big players in the entertainment industry are to blame. It is so bad that Nicole Kidman made the simple suggestion to maybe just give Trump a chance and she has been vilified for it. The intolerance being displayed is just plain ugly.
Death To Warm Anomalies!

winter.jpg

Winter 2016-17 Stats

Total snow = 9.8"
Days Max 32 or below = 1
Days Max Below 40 = 29
Coldest Min = 16

Jesse

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:33 PM

Jesse

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 15831 posts

Excerpt here that describes what I have been feeling... there seems to be a large segment of the population that has been almost brainwashed by Trump.

It's a little concerning. I think it is very important to identify his tactics for what they are and oppose them in an effective way early in the game.

snow_wizard

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:34 PM

snow_wizard

The Snow Wizard

• Mods
  • 10631 posts
  • LocationCovington, WA

Actually, he probably meant something even more general, Wouldn't you say.?  (Further sarcasm Alert.)

Something more like, "You .. (as in everyone on the planet.) should adjust your (their.) whole attitude and thinking regarding abortion/s. So that I can get this act through."

— Maybe even insist that Congress, or "Mexico", put up the funding, to send "everyone" off to a retreat somewhere, run by farmers, to think about it.  

.. That would have made "things" a little more simple/-r. 

That all, would have made him "look", at least a little bit, less hypocritical.  (Huh.?)

@ .. That stupid problem could have been dealt with and worked out quite easily. Had the "opposition" more broad, not been so busy (Interested in.?) working to "cock-block" the larger and main idea of "Affordable Healthcare" more as a whole. It, the Catholic Church and abortion idea / problem, looked at more in particularly, and what Mr. Obama had been faced with where having been trying to deal with it, having come down to his basically having had to as a "church and state" one. (Wake up. Run for office. At least try, to look at the broader picture.)

As for the "Great Wall of Trump" (Which, where considering the idea of "paying for" of course, "Mexico" has already rejected.), ...

.. Can't "wait" to see it.

-----trumps_wall_thumbnail.jpg

Love that wall. That should keep them out! :lol:
Death To Warm Anomalies!

winter.jpg

Winter 2016-17 Stats

Total snow = 9.8"
Days Max 32 or below = 1
Days Max Below 40 = 29
Coldest Min = 16

Jesse

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:34 PM

Jesse

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 15831 posts

I have to comment on the crap going on concerning musicians who wanted to perform at Trump's Inauguration, but have declined because of being harassed by the intolerant leftists in the entertainment community.

There is really nothing to say, but it's just plain un-American to coerce somebody into not performing for such an important occasion. I thought the democrats were supposed to be the party of tolerance and all of that happy horse s**t. Pretty pathetic.

I think it's also pathetic that major stars who have been asked to perform are declining just to be a$$holes about the whole thing. IMO the left is really shooting themselves in the foot on this whole Trump issue. They are just out of control with the fear mongering, and it's really a turn off to a huge part of the country. The country is almost as badly divided as it was just before the Civil War, and the media along with many of the big players in the entertainment industry are to blame. It is so bad that Nicole Kidman made the simple suggestion to maybe just give Trump a chance and she has been vilified for it. The intolerance being displayed is just plain ugly.

This is the kind of environment leaders like Trump thrive in. It's all good for him.

richard mann

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:40 PM

richard mann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3412 posts
  • LocationParadise, CA

Love that wall. That should keep them out! :lol:

.. What about "you".?

---twitter_logo-t12.png

snow_wizard

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:42 PM

snow_wizard

The Snow Wizard

• Mods
  • 10631 posts
  • LocationCovington, WA

This is the kind of environment leaders like Trump thrive in. It's all good for him.

We'll see. It's a huge turn off to me. Conservatives certainly haven't treated any democrat President elect like this any time in recent history.

The whole thing since Trump won has been just plain agonizing. The democrats trying to derail or discredit him at every turn. It's just getting old. The whole thing about Trump hiring prostitutes to pee on the beds that Obama has slept in is so asinine as to be looney.
Death To Warm Anomalies!

winter.jpg

Winter 2016-17 Stats

Total snow = 9.8"
Days Max 32 or below = 1
Days Max Below 40 = 29
Coldest Min = 16

richard mann

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:42 PM

richard mann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3412 posts
  • LocationParadise, CA

Very near to "literally". 

Along with having allowed themselves plenty, of latitude, more generally, with respect to both ethics and morals. ....

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/divided-states-of-america/ 

---twitter_logo-t12.png

snow_wizard

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:43 PM

snow_wizard

The Snow Wizard

• Mods
  • 10631 posts
  • LocationCovington, WA

.. What about "you".?

I'm already here.

You are aware that terrorists can get over that border just as easily as an average Joe Mexican are you not?
Death To Warm Anomalies!

winter.jpg

Winter 2016-17 Stats

Total snow = 9.8"
Days Max 32 or below = 1
Days Max Below 40 = 29
Coldest Min = 16

richard mann

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:48 PM

richard mann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3412 posts
  • LocationParadise, CA

I'm already here.

You are aware that terrorists can get over that border just as easily as an average Joe Mexican are you not?

I sensed that.

And, "No", I live under a rock. ..

---twitter_logo-t12.png

Mr Marine Layer

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:08 AM

Mr Marine Layer

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

You may want to check out this article:

Why Hillary Clinton is still losing supporters

It says 4 percent of Clinton supporters vs 1 percent of Trump supporters regret their vote.

This is very interesting

“It astounds me that the press still doesn’t get it, that my party (Democrats) are blaming everyone but themselves for a poor message, poor messenger and the responsibility she bears for placing her email security in jeopardy . . . it’s not Comey’s fault. It’s hers,” said Elizabeth who was sitting in the booth across the aisle.

Elizabeth voted for Clinton, but wasn’t sure she’d do so again. “The way everyone is acting now post-election shows that no one, no one, has learned anything. She is just proving she deserved to lose,” she said.

A Trump supporter said this

“On Nov. 8 I went from a responsible, hard-working, upstanding citizen to an uninformed bigot who gleefully supports Russian interference in our elections and the destruction of our republic,” Robert said. “At least that’s what I have read in the newspaper or seen on television, so it must be true, right?”

Edward smiled, paused, and then said, “It is refreshing to hear your candor, it’s gotten to the point where you are afraid to not only express your opinion, but to stand by your opinion. Yes, I supported him and yes, I would do it again.”

People are getting sick of the hatred from the left. It is giving the Democrats a bad name. If you want to win future elections, Democrats, please be the tolerant people you claim to be. It is OK to disagree with Republicans or Trump, but it is wrong to hate them. No one likes hypocrisy. 

iFred

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 2142 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania.

I am locking this. The past couple weeks show that this is less of an open and friendly discussion and more like posturing and pelvic thrusting.