July: +0.9

August: -1.1

September: +0.2

DCA:

June: +0.7

July: +4.5

August: +4.8

September: +4.2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Tweaked June a bit, after seeing the GEFS/GEFSBC cave and the CMC ensembles trend towards the ECMWF/EPS.

Sure, I'll give.

PDX:

June: +2.5

July: 0

August: -.8

September: -1

SEA:

June: +2.2

July: -0.5

August: -1.2

September: -1.2

EUG:

June: +2.3

July: -0.2

August: -1.0

September: -1.3

OLM:

June: +2.1

July: 0.1

September: -1.4

DCA:

June: +1.0

July: +3.5

August: +3.9

September +4.3

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

About to enter the home stretch for June. Looking like a lot of us will be in the ballpark overall, though probably too warm for a couple stations and too cool for at least one.

The last week of June is a big question mark. There'll be an MJO/propagatory wave traversing the Pacific, increasing WAFs under the antecedent anticyclone and leading to a period of western ridging (rise in the AAM/PNA).

How fast the wave degrades/orbits back into a the IO/MT (constructive interference w/ developing Niña) will determine how soon troughing returns in July, in my opinion,

The last week of June is a big question mark. There'll be an MJO/propagatory wave traversing the Pacific, increasing WAFs under the antecedent anticyclone and leading to a period of western ridging (rise in the AAM/PNA).

How fast the wave degrades/orbits back into a the IO/MT (constructive interference w/ developing Niña) will determine how soon troughing returns in July, in my opinion,

I guess another question is how do you define western ridging? The 4 corners high has become well established in the past week, with plenty of heat throughout the Southwest...but not so for the PNW.

A forum for the end of the world.

I guess another question is how do you define western ridging? The 4 corners high has become well established in the past week, with plenty of heat throughout the Southwest...but not so for the PNW.

In this case, there should be a period of NW-North American ridging. Won't be long lived, though.

Virtually no shot at a top 5 warm month for OLM. Decent shot for EUG, pretty good chance for SEA, and PDX (though the -4 they put up today and continued cool weather tomorrow won't help). Will come down to how warm it gets the last couple days of the month.

Heading into the final week.

PDX: +2.3

SEA: +2.5

EUG: +2.9

OLM: +1.1

DCA: +1.6

I am doing great assuming the temps are held in check for the next 5 days.   Eugene is lost on the warm side.

PDX

June: +2.8

SEA 

June: +2.9

EUG 

OLM

June: +2.0

DCA

June: +1.5

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I am doing great assuming the temps are held in check for the next 5 days. Eugene is lost on the warm side.

PDX

SEA

EUG

OLM

DCA

You updated those numbers at the deadline.

Trying to rewrite history again? This was your final update. ;)

PDX:

June: +2.6

July: +1.2

August: -.0.5

September +0.9

SEA:

July: +1.4

August: -0.7

September: +0.9

EUG:

June +2.2

July: +1.7

August: -0.4

September: +1.7

OLM:

June: +2.4

July: +0.9

September: +0.2

DCA:

June: +0.7

July: +4.5

August: +4.8

September: +4.2

Ahhhh... 5/31 at 11:08 p.m. and slightly lower.

Now I need even less warmth this week. :)

Peer pressure? ;)

I suspect I slightly overcorrected on June. Probably should have gone cooler for September and July, warmer for August, in hindsight.

I am doing great assuming the temps are held in check for the next 5 days.   Eugene is lost on the warm side.

PDX

SEA 

EUG 

OLM

DCA

Yes, you will likely be very close on all but EUG. Probably a bit too warm for OLM, but very close on SEA and PDX.

Those who had little difference between OLM and SEA are going to be hurting as this contest goes on.

OLM is still just +1.1 on the month as of yesterday. Might be lots of busts there going forward.http://w2.weather.gov/climate/getclimate.php?wfo=sew

Ironically, my biggest miss for June might be DCA. Low humidity messing with nighttime lows.

Alluding to what Flatiron noted, I'm glad I put some distance between OLM and SEA. Unlikely they end up anywhere close to eachother when all is said and done.

Alluding to what Flatiron noted, I'm glad I put some distance between OLM and SEA. Unlikely they end up anywhere close to eachother when all is said and done.

Though if the increasing troughiness forecast plays out, maybe a bit closer to each other than last summer's massive spread.

Renting a cabin at Clear Lake, Oregon the next two nights. I will be out of reception and thus unable to score month one of the contest until Saturday night.

Should be a great time. Weather is looking perfect.

• Like 1

Despite overlapping constructive interference between intraseasonal waves in the EPAC, if it propagates eastward before ~7/20 (as would be climatologically expected) there might be a lot of warm busts in July.

• Like 1

Looks like Shawnigan Lake will come in close to +2.5F for June.  Maybe there is something wrong with the OLM sensor. 

Ha!    :lol:

Maybe.  

That would be hilarious.