Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Utah Monthly State Temperature Records Narrative

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Scott

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:44 PM

Scott

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNear Craig Colorado
You might know about the Hohnholz Ranch reading in CO on the 6th, when they hit -48.

Yes.  Closer to where I live, the official station at Walden also hit -48 on the 6th.  I had -43 at my house.

The thing about the cold snap though, is that it was very short lived.   January 2017 actually ended up being warmer than normal.  Two days after I had the -43, it was 85 degrees warmer.

wx_statman

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

wx_statman

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2468 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Yes.  Closer to where I live, the official station at Walden also hit -48 on the 6th.  I had -43 at my house.

The thing about the cold snap though, is that it was very short lived.   January 2017 actually ended up being warmer than normal.  Two days after I had the -43, it was 85 degrees warmer.

Wow. The cold anomalies persisted here. PDX hit 17 during this cold snap, but the following week was even colder. We had the snowstorm on the 10th-11th, followed by a low of 11 at PDX. Coldest reading in any month since December 1998.