Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Other Topics Thread

Election Day Thanksgiving Christmas Other
- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Thunder98

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:56 AM

Thunder98

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria Valley, California

Trump nominates Nikki Haley as UN Ambassador.

Niko

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:11 PM

Niko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4723 posts
  • LocationMacomb, MI

What is it with the recounts now, I mean, WTF. Give it up already Hillary, the election is OVA!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thunder98 likes this

Thunder98

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

Thunder98

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

What is it with the recounts now, I mean, WTF. Give it up already Hillary, the election is OVA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hillary Clinton and Jill Stein are whiny babies!

Money

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:41 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7937 posts
Jill Stein is taking advantage of a lot of pathetic democrats right now.

Thunder98

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:05 PM

Thunder98

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

177922d1480215620-4-444-posts-december-3

jaster220

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:39 AM

jaster220

St. Joseph Lighthouse January 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4599 posts
  • LocationKRMY (Marshall, MI) KBEH (work)

Hilarious that the "GREEN PARTY" has called for a recount in 3 or 4 states when they have absolutely zero to gain from such a thing. Makes you wonder who's paying them to request it, eh??  Meanwhile, HRC says that her participation is strictly compulsory. Yeah, right.  :rolleyes:

• Thunder98 likes this

Winter 2017-18 Snow Total = 68.3"  Oct: 0.0 Nov: 0.0 Dec: 24.2 Jan: 14.5 Feb: 19.7 Mar: 4.7 Apr: 5.2 (annual avg for mby = ~49.9", avg for last 10 seasons = 67.4" ) 135% of normal-what a stretch it's been!!

Winter 2016-17 Snow Total = 52"

Winter 2015-16 Snow Total = 57.4"

Winter 2014-15 Snow Total = 55.3"

Winter 2013-14 Snow Total = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!) 

Winter 2012-13 Snow Total = 47.2"

Winter 2011-12 Snow Total = 43.7"

Notable Blizzards/Snowstorms in SWMI: Nov 2015, Feb 2015, Jan 2014Feb 2011, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Jan 1982, Jan 1979, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, March 1973, Jan 1967, March 1947, Jan 1918

"Long range winter forecasting - it's like tossing darts in a hurricane.."  "In my day, they didn't name 'em, they just called 'em blizzards! *Shakes fist in air and ambles away mumbling to himself" and to think kids nowadays get day's off school because the wind blew. I think in '78 we only got 1 day off”  "..It's the U.P. where there are two seasons. Winter, and three months of bad skiing.."

Niko

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:34 AM

Niko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4723 posts
  • LocationMacomb, MI

Hilarious that the "GREEN PARTY" has called for a recount in 3 or 4 states when they have absolutely zero to gain from such a thing. Makes you wonder who's paying them to request it, eh??  Meanwhile, HRC says that her participation is strictly compulsory. Yeah, right.  :rolleyes:

Shes pathetic. :wacko:

Tom

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:10 PM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 16784 posts
  • LocationDes Plaines, IL

MI certifies Trump won...

http://www.washingto...ustom_click=rss

• jaster220 and CentralNebWeather like this

CentralNebWeather

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:28 PM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1994 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE

MI certifies Trump won...

http://www.washingto...ustom_click=rss

Been awhile

Tom

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:41 PM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 16784 posts
  • LocationDes Plaines, IL

Been awhile

I believe this is for the re-count...

jaster220

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:48 PM

jaster220

St. Joseph Lighthouse January 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4599 posts
  • LocationKRMY (Marshall, MI) KBEH (work)

I believe this is for the re-count...

Nope, this is for the original vote. It took so long because it was a close race and they wanted to make sure it was correct. Imho, a recount now is a waste of somebody's $$$

Winter 2017-18 Snow Total = 68.3"  Oct: 0.0 Nov: 0.0 Dec: 24.2 Jan: 14.5 Feb: 19.7 Mar: 4.7 Apr: 5.2 (annual avg for mby = ~49.9", avg for last 10 seasons = 67.4" ) 135% of normal-what a stretch it's been!!

Winter 2016-17 Snow Total = 52"

Winter 2015-16 Snow Total = 57.4"

Winter 2014-15 Snow Total = 55.3"

Winter 2013-14 Snow Total = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!) 

Winter 2012-13 Snow Total = 47.2"

Winter 2011-12 Snow Total = 43.7"

Notable Blizzards/Snowstorms in SWMI: Nov 2015, Feb 2015, Jan 2014Feb 2011, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Jan 1982, Jan 1979, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, March 1973, Jan 1967, March 1947, Jan 1918

"Long range winter forecasting - it's like tossing darts in a hurricane.."  "In my day, they didn't name 'em, they just called 'em blizzards! *Shakes fist in air and ambles away mumbling to himself" and to think kids nowadays get day's off school because the wind blew. I think in '78 we only got 1 day off”  "..It's the U.P. where there are two seasons. Winter, and three months of bad skiing.."

NEJeremy

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Trump says throughout the election the system is rigged and he'll fight the results if he loses. There's questionable results in a couple of states and he spends all weekend complaining on Twitter about the recounts. THEN he turns around says millions of illegal votes were tallied and apparently somehow they were all for Hillary, thus questioning the very election process that made him president. His ego is so big he can't stand losing the popular vote even though he won what matters in the election, the electoral college.

This guy is the biggest moron this side of the sun.

Never mind the fact he already has been in a argument on Twitter with the cast of Hamilton. The best part of that was his running mate basically saying Trump's an idiot when he(Pence) had no problem with what was said and what happened at the show.

When's this guy going to start acting like THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES?!!

I'd love to sit back and watch this sh*tshow with a box of popcorn, except I am part of this horror movie.

Niko

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:01 AM

Niko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4723 posts
  • LocationMacomb, MI

She needs to go on vacation, permanently!!!

Thunder98

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:06 AM

Thunder98

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Hillary Clinton could run again in 2020.

WBadgersW

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:16 AM

WBadgersW

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationGermantown WI

Yeah, if the Democrats want to lose again.
  • Thunder98 likes this

NWLinnCountyIA

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:31 AM

NWLinnCountyIA

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1260 posts
  • LocationHiawatha, Eastern IA

If she even lives that long :P
  • Thunder98 likes this

2017-18 Snowfall: 

TOTAL: 40.0"

(Dec. 8: 0.1") (Dec. 24: 1.1") (Dec. 28: 1.1") (Dec. 29: 5.4") (Dec. 30: 0.3") (Jan. 2: 0.5") (Jan. 11: 0.3") (Jan. 14: 2.0")(Feb. 3: 0.4") (Feb. 5: 4.6")(Feb. 6-8: 1.0") (Feb. 9: 4.3")(Feb. 10: 2.8")(Feb. 11: 1.2”) (Feb. 17: 1.8")(Mar. 6: 1.9") (Mar. 24: 8.6") (Apr. x 0.3") (Apr. 8: 3.3")

CentralNebWeather

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:41 AM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1994 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE

Nation needs to move on from the Clinton's ASAP.

• jaster220 and Thunder98 like this

Niko

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:39 AM

Niko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4723 posts
  • LocationMacomb, MI

Yeah, if the Democrats want to lose again.

I would scream also, only louder. :wacko:

NEJeremy

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:01 AM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE
Only 2-3 foreign policy flubs by the president elect this week. God he's not even president and he's already screwing up. What an idiot. Sounds like a used car salesman on everyone of his conversations/ descriptions. 😂😒

East Dubzz

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:31 AM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts

FYI - The Hillary camp did not even want to do the recount, but just joined Stein when she decided to do it. You Trump supporters should be grateful for Stein, she was far harder on Clinton during the election than Trump. And she is now doing this recount to try to get publicity and support/money from Clinton supporters. It's not that hard to figure out what's going on here. But, as I said, Stein actually did Trump some favors during the election cycle, so you should be more thankful than anything, and just realize why exactly she's doing the recount. It's to try to become relevant, not because she's a sore loser. She's just a loser.

As for Trump, he's either appointed nutjobs (Bannon, Flynn), or people who are exactly what he railed again. Pin Hillary as someone who is for Wall Street? Oh, let's just appoint someone who was a part of Wall Street. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't even mind the pick, but it's become clearly obvious that Trump supporters have been conned.

A wall? Well, some things may change.

Lock her up? No, he "doesn't want to hurt her. She's a good person."

#DrainTheSwamp? Hahahaha, more like #SwampTheDrain

Repeal Obamacare? Well, he may keep the kids till 26 and pre-existing condition coverage.. which is EXACTLY what makes it so expensive in the first place!!!! Oh, and now talk of privatizing medicare too... yeah, that's going to be a fantastic idea... please Republican.. please do it. 

Oh, Hillary's conflicts of interest? LOL. Wait wait... let me do that again... LOL. You know what the most hilarious part of Trump contacting Taiwan yesterday was? He was looking to expand business there... hmmmmm.... But yeah, Hillary was the only shady one, right? Right.

A Trump presidency isn't going to have a personal impact on me. Actually, I'll probably benefit, so it's going to be weird when the people who voted for him are actually the ones who get hurt the most. 

Awkwardddddd

• NEJeremy likes this

East Dubzz

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts

I really wonder how close the race was in PA which put Trump over the top. There were machines that were switching Trump votes to Hillary votes. I bet the real number of votes were mind boggling and the Soros/Hillary camp had no chance! Call me conspiracy theorist or not, but I think Trump votes were messed with bigly. The only way he won was to have millions of patriots to come out and vote.

This is ridiculous to make claims like this. Anomalies like this happen every election, from both sides. Talk like this is why people are so D**n uninformed. They just take crazy s**t and run with it without evidence. Once you think it, you tell someone and they get the idea in their head, then they tell everyone crazy. I hate Trump, but I don't buy the Russian interference, I don't think Comey had an agenda, or any of that crazy talk. Stuff like this just makes things worse, and it needs to stop. There is literally no scientific evidence to support this. You are a weather fan, right? It's all science, and anecdotal evidence does not change that, right? Same goes with politics. You can't just make s**t up.

I apologize for the rant, but stuff like this absolutely drives me nuts. From both sides. 

WBadgersW

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:59 AM

WBadgersW

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationGermantown WI

FYI - The Hillary camp did not even want to do the recount, but just joined Stein when she decided to do it. You Trump supporters should be grateful for Stein, she was far harder on Clinton during the election than Trump. And she is now doing this recount to try to get publicity and support/money from Clinton supporters. It's not that hard to figure out what's going on here. But, as I said, Stein actually did Trump some favors during the election cycle, so you should be more thankful than anything, and just realize why exactly she's doing the recount. It's to try to become relevant, not because she's a sore loser. She's just a loser.

As for Trump, he's either appointed nutjobs (Bannon, Flynn), or people who are exactly what he railed again. Pin Hillary as someone who is for Wall Street? Oh, let's just appoint someone who was a part of Wall Street. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't even mind the pick, but it's become clearly obvious that Trump supporters have been conned.

Repeal Obamacare? Well, he may keep the kids till 26 and pre-existing condition coverage.. which is EXACTLY what makes it so expensive in the first place!!!! Oh, and now talk of privatizing medicare too... yeah, that's going to be a fantastic idea... please Republican.. please do it.

Oh, Hillary's conflicts of interest? LOL. Wait wait... let me do that again... LOL. You know what the most hilarious part of Trump contacting Taiwan yesterday was? He was looking to expand business there... hmmmmm.... But yeah, Hillary was the only shady one, right? Right.

A Trump presidency isn't going to have a personal impact on me. Actually, I'll probably benefit, so it's going to be weird when the people who voted for him are actually the ones who get hurt the most.

Awkwardddddd

Oh Stein. As long as she's with the Green party she'll never be relevant.

At the end of the day both Clinton and Trump represent the same ideology. So the status quo continues...

East Dubzz

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:00 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts

Oh Stein. As long as she's with the Green party she'll never be relevant.

At the end of the day both Clinton and Trump represent the same ideology. So the status quo continues...

Hopefully she never gets the chance without a major party because she's far worse than anyone that ran this election. 

Snowlover76

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

Snowlover76

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1343 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE
Go badgers!

gosaints

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:53 PM

gosaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts
  • LocationWhitewater state park
Go nittany lions.

Money

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:55 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7937 posts

Awkwardddddd

Sounds like a whiny democrat

Money

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:01 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7937 posts
And you lose all credibility when you said Trump contacted Tawain when it was the other way around

Oh and he already saved 1,100 good paying jobs

gosaints

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

gosaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts

And you lose all credibility when you said Trump contacted Tawain when it was the other way around

Trump lied through his teeth to get elected. I dont care they both suck. His tax breaks are really meant benefit middle class americans just like he said over and over! Not
  • NEJeremy likes this

NEJeremy

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:16 PM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE
You got that call info from trumps twitter account? Way to piss off China right away. There's a reason we haven't talked to Taiwan since 1979. And if Taiwan actually did call him, he shouldn't have taken the call.
He didn't save those jobs, it was Pence being the governor of his state. Of course Trump tries to take credit to stroke his ego. What a great deal maker he is too. Didn't save all the jobs and cost the Indiana taxpayers $7m. What a joke, he threatens companies that leave with tarrifs and instead gives the tax breaks that have to be picked up by the residents of the state. Just another example of all the campaign promises he's ALREADY broken. It's fun to read all the people who already feel like they've been duped by this lying conman. It'll be fun to keep coming back to this topic and laughing at all the screw ups Trump's going to have

Money

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:36 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7937 posts
Hillary is gonna be in prison

CentralNebWeather

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1994 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE
Lock her up

gosaints

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

gosaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts

Hillary is gonna be in prison

Who cares

Money

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7937 posts
gosaints, all politicians lie to get elected. Hillary has flip flopped more than the weather models when it comes to her positions on key issues like immigration, and gay marriage

WBadgersW

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:39 PM

WBadgersW

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationGermantown WI

gosaints, all politicians lie to get elected. Hillary has flip flopped more than the weather models when it comes to her positions on key issues like immigration, and *** marriage

Both of them have. Clinton just tried to hide it more.

gosaints

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:45 PM

gosaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts

Both of them have. Clinton just tried to hide it more.

They both sucked and still do. Trumps middle class breaks will save me about 26 dollars next year while it saves him truck loads.

WBadgersW

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

WBadgersW

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationGermantown WI

They both sucked and still do. Trumps middle class breaks will save me about 26 dollars next year while it saves him truck loads.

Yup, it's sad that Clinton and Trump were our choices. There were better options from each party.

Money

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7937 posts

And Hillary would have raised your taxes

gosaints

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:54 PM

gosaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts

And Hillary would have raised your taxes

Actually kept them the same and trumps the same as well.

Money

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:56 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7937 posts

Actually kept them the same and trumps the same as well.

Ok

She wanted free college for everyone

How would she have paid for that?

WBadgersW

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

WBadgersW

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationGermantown WI

Ok

She didnt want free college, that was Bernie. It would have been paid by a tax on wall street. Its debatable if that'll cover it.

gosaints

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

gosaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts

Ok

Dude I said they both suck. Thats dumb to. Same way he paid for saving the jobs. The state paid. The mans current tax plan will cost 2 trillion

Money

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:04 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7937 posts

She didnt want free college, that was Bernie. It would have been paid by a tax on wall street. Its debatable if that'll cover it.

Nope. She wanted it for people with income under a certain amount

Bernie wanted it for everyone

WBadgersW

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:06 PM

WBadgersW

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationGermantown WI

Nope. She wanted it for people with income under a certain amount

Bernie wanted it for everyone

Did she really? I didn't catch that. She was probably just catering to the Bernie supporters.

Money

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:09 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7937 posts
Just looked it up

Free college for people with income under 85k and free community college for everyone

WBadgersW

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:16 PM

WBadgersW

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationGermantown WI

Just looked it up

Free college for people with income under 85k and free community college for everyone

Huh. Definitely catering to Sanders supporters.

I support free college, but we would have to model it like Germany's education system. You have have to take multiple tests to get in. That'll prevent people who just want to go to college for the "experience" from getting in and wasting tax $.

gosaints

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:21 PM

gosaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts

Just looked it up

Stupid idea just like trumps method to save the Carrier jobs was stupid. Terrible precidence to set.

gosaints

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:48 PM

gosaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts
Badgers know how to finish

Snowlover76

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:02 PM

Snowlover76

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1343 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Badgers know how to finish

Sure do. Letting the worst fanbase in CFB feel good. I loathe penn state

Snowlover76

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:13 PM

Snowlover76

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1343 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE
Wisconsin has awful playcalling.

East Dubzz

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:35 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts

And you lost all credibility when you get that info from his twitter feed. The dude is president-elect and he's retweetinf 16 years old. And while I'm on this, it's hilarious that this dude is the anti-political correctness candidate, considering the poor bastard is still upset about some article that said his hands were small like 20 years ago. One newspaper says something negative and he threatens a lawsuit. Yeah, that's the guy who rails against PC. Hahahahahahaha.

And yes, he saved 1,000 jobs... what about the companies who are staying in the US? Is this what they need to do now? Threaten to leave the US and they'll get tax breaks? What's the party of anti-government doing putting their hands into one company like this anyway? I'm glad he saved 1,000, but you know what, new economic data came out today that showed Mr Obama's economy adding 176K. What he saved is .5% of the jobs added this month. And if Trump followers through with trade wars, the amount of jobs were going to lose will be nothing compared to the 1,000 he saved. Oh, and his tax cuts and looser regulation on Wall Street (which is hilarious, by the way)... yeah, that doesn't sound like it could be dangerous or anything. Wall Street has never shown to be greedy or anything. Nah.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Other