Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Other Topics Thread

Election Day Thanksgiving Christmas Other
- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

East Dubzz

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts

Sounds like a whiny democrat

Playing idenfity politics? Oh man, no good

Seems like someone needs himself a safe space.

You get me real good here, bud. Not sure how I can reply. You were just so insightful and knowledge with that post, I learned a lot there and I'll definitely be taking your opinion much more seriously now.

East Dubzz

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:41 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts

Hillary is gonna be in prison

I know Trump people aren't big into paying attention, but he already said he doesn't want to do that and she's a good person. Oops. Maybe next time.

But again, great insight. It's becoming more clear by each post I read of yours that you have a great grasp on politics.

East Dubzz

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:55 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts
Oh look at that, Mr. Anti Political Correctness took to Twitter tonight to complain about Saturday Night Live. But it's cool if he does that - because he's right. Not skin-skinned at all. Nahhh.

East Dubzz

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:58 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts
Looks like Donny is holding a "public policy forum" at the whitehouse in february. Oddly, invitees are almost exclusively corporate titans:

Stephen A. Schwarzman (Forum Chairman), Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder of Blackstone;
Paul Atkins, CEO, Patomak Global Partners, LLC, Former Commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission;
Mary Barra, Chairman and CEO, General Motors;
Toby Cosgrove, CEO, Cleveland Clinic;
Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase & Co;
Larry Fink, Chairman and CEO, BlackRock;
Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company;
Rich Lesser, President and CEO, Boston Consulting Group;
Doug McMillon, President and CEO, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.;
Jim McNerney, Former Chairman, President, and CEO, Boeing;
Adebayo “Bayo” Ogunlesi, Chairman and Managing Partner, Global Infrastructure Partners;
Ginni Rometty, Chairman, President, and CEO, IBM;
Kevin Warsh, Shepard Family Distinguished Visiting Fellow in Economics, Hoover Institute, Former Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System;
Mark Weinberger, Global Chairman and CEO, EY;
Jack Welch, Former Chairman and CEO, General Electric;
Daniel Yergin, Pulitzer Prize-winner, Vice Chairman of IHS Markit

Glad we have someone in office who is going to finally rid of all the corruption and elitist!

I could go on all day. I hated Hillary, but Trump is a con-man. Wish my guy Kasich would have won. But he's not flashy enough for the US elections, I guess. People care too much about the show of it all than what actually matters.

NEJeremy

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:44 AM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

My favorite is the uber-billionaire b*tch he hired for education secretary. My wife's a school teacher so we loved his choice. Oh you gave me a ton of money? Sure I will pick you and your all charter school B.S. among other things. Draining the swamp right? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :angry:

NEJeremy

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:48 AM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Oh look at that, Mr. Anti Political Correctness took to Twitter tonight to complain about Saturday Night Live. But it's cool if he does that - because he's right. Not skin-skinned at all. Nahhh.

It'll be awesome when he's starting a war with some country because their leader insults him. I give it 6 months. Best part is he's only gone to a couple intelligence briefings so far, showing he doesn't give a rat's a**. There'll be the "patriots" that will be puffing their chests saying it's about d**n time 'Murica is showing who's boss. Meanwhile our troops are dying somewhere for some stupid reason because Trump's ego was hurt.

NEJeremy

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:55 AM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE
http://money.cnn.com...weet/index.html

Hilarious! And nice burn by Baldwin! This unfortunately will be the one thing that I look forward to the next 4 years. What a thin skinned whiny little b*tch Trump is that he as THE PRESIDENT ELECT can't stay off Twitter to whine about SNL making fun of him. Something they've done to Presidents for YEARS. This bodes well for international stability....

Money

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7935 posts
You guys are idiots

gosaints

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:58 AM

gosaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts
  • LocationWhitewater state park

You guys are idiots

You have provided lots of intelligent dialogue as well

Money

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:00 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7935 posts

You have provided lots of intelligent dialogue as well

Can't have a conversation with people when they think Trump will start a war with a country because of insults

gosaints

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:07 PM

gosaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts

Can't have a conversation with people when they think Trump will start a war with a country because of insults

Your answer to anyone that has said something factual on the otherhand has been to say something about hillary.

Money

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:11 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7935 posts
Not true

gosaints

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:19 PM

gosaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts

Not true

Go read your responses

East Dubzz

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts

You guys are idiots

Well at least I know now.

Illinois_WX

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:00 PM

Illinois_WX

Nebraskan Living In Chicago

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL (Uptown)
Uhh Hilary was wanting a no fly zone in Syria, which inevitably would've started a war with Russia, no?

LINCOLN NEBRASKA SNOW TOTALS:

13-14 : 0"

14-15: 0"

15-16" : 0"

16-17 : 0"

17-18 : Probably 10", so in other words, 0" ​ 5.5"

# of times it was too warm and ended up being 33 and rain during these years : 20

# of times the storm essentially turned into dust: 25

# of times the storm looked at Nebraska and was like "yeah, good joke" , then ran to Chicago: 50

East Dubzz

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts
Yeah that idea on her part was stupid. And I also don't think it would have happened anyway. Can't just declare a no-fly zone there.

WBadgersW

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:35 PM

WBadgersW

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationGermantown WI

Uhh Hilary was wanting a no fly zone in Syria, which inevitably would've started a war with Russia, no?

That was exactly her plan! She profits from war.

Money

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:41 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7935 posts

Yeah that idea on her part was stupid. And I also don't think it would have happened anyway. Can't just declare a no-fly zone there.

The reason why Trump won was because the alternate was a corrupt politician who went from broke to making milllions because of politics who also broke the law

If the left wouldn't have rigged the primaries for Hillary, Bernie probably would be president

NEJeremy

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE
http://occupydemocra...51&preview=true

This lady's Twitter rant is awesome! Says what so many people are thinking. Start acting like a President! Sure you're not in power "yet", but you're acting the same as before you were elected so the picture's pretty clear how he's going to act in office. You're nieve if you think a guy who can't take a joke on SNL because he's so insecure isn't going to make an international mistake when he's in charge of everything.

Money

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7935 posts

http://occupydemocra...51&preview=true

This lady's Twitter rant is awesome! Says what so many people are thinking. Start acting like a President! Sure you're not in power "yet", but you're acting the same as before you were elected so the picture's pretty clear how he's going to act in office. You're nieve if you think a guy who can't take a joke on SNL because he's so insecure isn't going to make an international mistake when he's in charge of everything.

He's got a good team in place. It's naive to think he's just going to bomb a country because they insulted him.

Also, lol at you using that site.

Tom

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:08 PM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 16769 posts
  • LocationDes Plaines, IL
DEFCON level was raised to it's highest level days before the Election because everyone thought Hillary would win and ultimately start a War with Russia. In fact, Russian news TV warned their own citizens to prepare for Nuclear War and prep for food and underground shelters. You can find news clips on line of these facts. However, once Trump won, DEFCON was lowered to its safest level and now sources suggest it was due to a Trump victory.

The Clinton's are very well known as being the "puppets" for the small group of Elites, the 13 families that rule the world. This is changing, rather significantly. There has been private treaties signed by 100's of countries that will ultimately bring back freedom to the people around the globe. I know a group of people who are working on this transition which is playing out right now. What I believe will happen, once Trump is inaugurated, they may crash the markets globally and blame Trump. Who knows what happens, nobody knows. I've been researching about a topic called the "Global Reset", which has been in the works for decades and its happening now.
  • jaster220 likes this

gosaints

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

gosaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts

DEFCON level was raised to it's highest level days before the Election because everyone thought Hillary would win and ultimately start a War with Russia. In fact, Russian news TV warned their own citizens to prepare for Nuclear War and prep for food and underground shelters. You can find news clips on line of these facts. However, once Trump won, DEFCON was lowered to its safest level and now sources suggest it was due to a Trump victory.

The Clinton's are very well known as being the "puppets" for the small group of Elites, the 13 families that rule the world. This is changing, rather significantly. Their have been private treaties signed by 100's of countries that will ultimately bring back freedom to the people around the globe. I know a group of people who are working on this transition which is playing out right now. What I believe will happen, once Trump is inaugurated, they may crash the markets globally and blame Trump. Who knows what happens, nobody knows. I've been researching about a topic called the "Global Reset", which has been in the works for decades and its happening now.

Lol.

Money

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:34 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7935 posts

Lol.

Great response from a liberal shell

gosaints

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:39 PM

gosaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts

Im not a liberal. I voted bush twice. I am also not brainwashed.

jaster220

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:54 PM

jaster220

St. Joseph Lighthouse January 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4592 posts
  • LocationKRMY (Marshall, MI) KBEH (work)
Putin doesn't want war with America, but Russians have always been a proud people, and he isn't interested in being minimalized like some rogue dictator of a 3rd world status entity like Castro. Putin prefers to partner with America but not with the likes of Clinton or Obama, et al. Reagan's viewed as a hero of the people by the regular folks there.

Winter 2017-18 Snow Total = 68.3"  Oct: 0.0 Nov: 0.0 Dec: 24.2 Jan: 14.5 Feb: 19.7 Mar: 4.7 Apr: 5.2 (annual avg for mby = ~49.9", avg for last 10 seasons = 67.4" ) 135% of normal-what a stretch it's been!!

Winter 2016-17 Snow Total = 52"

Winter 2015-16 Snow Total = 57.4"

Winter 2014-15 Snow Total = 55.3"

Winter 2013-14 Snow Total = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!) 

Winter 2012-13 Snow Total = 47.2"

Winter 2011-12 Snow Total = 43.7"

Notable Blizzards/Snowstorms in SWMI: Nov 2015, Feb 2015, Jan 2014Feb 2011, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Jan 1982, Jan 1979, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, March 1973, Jan 1967, March 1947, Jan 1918

"Long range winter forecasting - it's like tossing darts in a hurricane.."  "In my day, they didn't name 'em, they just called 'em blizzards! *Shakes fist in air and ambles away mumbling to himself" and to think kids nowadays get day's off school because the wind blew. I think in '78 we only got 1 day off”  "..It's the U.P. where there are two seasons. Winter, and three months of bad skiing.."

gosaints

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:13 PM

gosaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts

Putin doesn't want war with America, but Russians have always been a proud people, and he isn't interested in being minimalized like some rogue dictator of a 3rd world status entity like Castro. Putin prefers to partner with America but not with the likes of Clinton or Obama, et al. Reagan's viewed as a hero of the people by the regular folks there.

The russian way is great! I want to be just like them
  • NEJeremy likes this

NEJeremy

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:35 PM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

He's got a good team in place. It's naive to think he's just going to bomb a country because they insulted him.

He's said as much. Did you listen to any of his campaign speeches? His first pick was the head of a racist white supremacist website, he's then chosen a bunch of billionaires and Wall Street chronies. Exactly the opposite of what he said he'd do and a great way of relating to the hard working middle class that he swore he'd fight for. How long are you going to keep your head in the sand? I'm a democrat. Go back to your Fox News for all your facts. 😂

Illinois_WX

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

Illinois_WX

Nebraskan Living In Chicago

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL (Uptown)

He's said as much. Did you listen to any of his campaign speeches? His first pick was the head of a racist white supremacist website, he's then chosen a bunch of billionaires and Wall Street chronies. Exactly the opposite of what he said he'd do and a great way of relating to the hard working middle class that he swore he'd fight for. How long are you going to keep your head in the sand? I'm a democrat. Go back to your Fox News for all your facts.

As long as you go back to CNN, for all of your 'facts'.

LINCOLN NEBRASKA SNOW TOTALS:

13-14 : 0"

14-15: 0"

15-16" : 0"

16-17 : 0"

17-18 : Probably 10", so in other words, 0" ​ 5.5"

# of times it was too warm and ended up being 33 and rain during these years : 20

# of times the storm essentially turned into dust: 25

# of times the storm looked at Nebraska and was like "yeah, good joke" , then ran to Chicago: 50

NEJeremy

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:11 PM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

https://www.google.c...p?client=safari

Which one of these headlines from Bannon's website is your favorite? Trump loves them all.

NEJeremy

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

As long as you go back to CNN, for all of your 'facts'.

I feel pretty good watching CNN vs that garbage on Fox News and here's the facts backing that up.
http://www.politifac...-news-channels/

WBadgersW

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

WBadgersW

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationGermantown WI

I feel pretty good watching CNN vs that garbage on Fox News and here's the facts backing that up.
http://www.politifac...-news-channels/

CNN is terrible. Fox news is terrible. You are fooling yourself if you think one is better than the other. Both news agencys are incredibly biased and go by their own agenda.
  • Tom likes this

East Dubzz

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:31 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts

The Clinton's are very well known as being the "puppets" for the small group of Elites, the 13 families that rule the world. This is changing, rather significantly. There has been private treaties signed by 100's of countries that will ultimately bring back freedom to the people around the globe. I know a group of people who are working on this transition which is playing out right now. What I believe will happen, once Trump is inaugurated, they may crash the markets globally and blame Trump. Who knows what happens, nobody knows. I've been researching about a topic called the "Global Reset", which has been in the works for decades and its happening now.

Jesus, Tom. First of all, but markets are bound for a drop soon anyway. And it won't be Trump'a fault, though I won't mind people blaming him because everyone would do the same for Obama. That said, I know this argument won't go anywhere because it's literally impossible to argue with people who believe in conspiracies. That's your right, but man, this is what ruins politics. As a Poli Sci major, it makes me d**n sad too.

East Dubzz

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts
I do find it funny that the Republican Party is now in bed with Putin. What a weird change of events. If you know Putin, you know he's just using him to get what he wants in the Middle East. He now has the freedom to do his s**t over there because Trump will just turn a blind eye. Really not that hard to figure out.

East Dubzz

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts

I find it ironic that the dude who resorts to calling people "iiberal shills" and "idiots" instead of formulating an actual argument is calling people out for their responses.

Tom

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:40 PM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 16769 posts

Jesus, Tom. First of all, but markets are bound for a drop soon anyway. And it won't be Trump'a fault, though I won't mind people blaming him because everyone would do the same for Obama. That said, I know this argument won't go anywhere because it's literally impossible to argue with people who believe in conspiracies. That's your right, but man, this is what ruins politics. As a Poli Sci major, it makes me D**n sad too.

To be truthfully honest, the ruling elite families are real and don't think twice this is a free world. We live in a real-life matrix, everything in politics is scripted. Literally everything. College doesn't make you smart. Real world experience does. I'm not saying your uneducated. The things I hear they teach in college are printed in the books by the very companies the elite own who publish them. It trickles down into the entire school system. I chose to think outside the dang box bc it's worked for me. I'm very awake and I see through the bs in the everyday world.
  • WBadgersW and OKwx2k4 like this

WBadgersW

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:59 PM

WBadgersW

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationGermantown WI
The idea that we are pawns being controlled by a select few isn't really a conspiracy theory. Seems real to me.

Do I think Trump will fix it? At this time, no.

OKwx2k4

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:08 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

To be truthfully honest, the ruling elite families are real and don't think twice this is a free world. We live in a real-life matrix, everything in politics is scripted. Literally everything. College doesn't make you smart. Real world experience does. I'm not saying your uneducated. The things I hear they teach in college are printed in the books by the very companies the elite own who publish them. It trickles down into the entire school system. I chose to think outside the dang box bc it's worked for me. I'm very awake and I see through the bs in the everyday world.

This is a great post for a number of reasons. Education definitely is no substitute for experience and wisdom. As the world has faded into a place where a piece of paper with your name and a frame around it carries more weight than work and wisdom then we are going to continue to see issues. I've never been against education either but to say I'm happy with where it has gone over the last 15-20 years would be a lie. At one time as recent as 4 years ago I considered putting myself through school but I, like yourself, choose to self-educate and be my own man. I choose not to be indoctrinated by something that is held as almost being like a religion to liberals.

Money

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:17 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7935 posts

https://www.google.c...p?client=safari

Which one of these headlines from Bannon's website is your favorite? Trump loves them all.

Not one person who went to school with Bannon said he was racist and never heard one racist statement from them. People they interviewed said they were democrats and he was one of the smartest people in class and was very respectful/kind.

He's not racist. 

East Dubzz

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:18 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts

Well good thing our school system is being taken over by someone who lobbied with Trump. That's definitely gonna fix it. A rich elitist taking over is definitely the solution. 

Money

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:27 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7935 posts

http://www.bostonglo...stzK/story.html

Boston Globe reporter interviewed 24 classmates of Bannon.

Here are some good quotes:

“In my view, Steve was certainly top three in intellectual horsepower in our class — perhaps the smartest,” Allen said. “But he combined horsepower with logical, well-structured arguments. Whenever Steve spoke, my advice was to ‘listen for understanding.’ That is what I am doing today.”

“Steve’s comments in class were peppered with political history references and quotes — everybody thought he would make money for a while and then run for the US Senate,” Pellegrini said.

“As a woman, minority [Asian], an immigrant, and as onetime supporter of Hillary Clinton, I believe I can be objective in my assessment of Steve Bannon,” Thai Lee said in an e-mail. “The Steve I knew in 1980’s was a very smart, studious, and polite young man. I have never heard Steve speak ill of women, minorities, or others.”

It’s the kind of language that was virtually unheard of in his Harvard days, from Bannon or anyone else. And some of those who got to know Bannon back then say they don’t think he believes some of those things, even now.

Instead, they believe he is simply doing what he was taught more than three decades ago: exploiting a business opportunity, this time in the furious, neglected legions of the white middle class. He saw a market in their sense of alienation, and Trump’s election suggests that his forecast was truer than most.

“If you were asking me about some of the articles published and things clearly intended to be lightning rod, I’m not sure Steve subscribes to those beliefs,” said one former classmate, speaking on the condition of anonymity. “But there’s a strong argument to be made that he was doing whatever any good business leader would do, which is serving his customers and providing a product.”

East Dubzz

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:28 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts

Not one person who went to school with Bannon said he was racist and never heard one racist statement from them. People they interviewed said they were democrats and he was one of the smartest people in class and was very respectful/kind.

He's not racist. 

Well, if we ignore the fact that his website started tagging things under "black crime," lets just go with him not being a racist...

Please, please, please, defend these articles on HIS site:

'Bill Kristol: Republican spoiler, renegade Jew'

'Trannies whine about hilarious Bruce Jenner billboard'

'Birth control makes women unattractive and crazy'

'Suck it up buttercups: Dangerous ****** Tour returns to colleges in September'

'Hoist it high and proud: The Confederate flag proclaims a glorious heritage'

' "Would you rather your child had feminism or cancer?" '

'*** rights have made us dumber, it's time to get back in the closet'

'Science proves it: Fat-shaming works'

"There's no hiring bias against women in tech, they just suck at interviews"

Money

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:32 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7935 posts

Well, if we ignore the fact that his website started tagging things under "black crime," lets just go with him not being a racist...

It’s the kind of language that was virtually unheard of in his Harvard days, from Bannon or anyone else. And some of those who got to know Bannon back then say they don’t think he believes some of those things, even now.

Instead, they believe he is simply doing what he was taught more than three decades ago: exploiting a business opportunity, this time in the furious, neglected legions of the white middle class. He saw a market in their sense of alienation, and Trump’s election suggests that his forecast was truer than most.

“If you were asking me about some of the articles published and things clearly intended to be lightning rod, I’m not sure Steve subscribes to those beliefs,” said one former classmate, speaking on the condition of anonymity. “But there’s a strong argument to be made that he was doing whatever any good business leader would do, which is serving his customers and providing a product.”

Tom

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:39 PM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 16769 posts

The idea that we are pawns being controlled by a select few isn't really a conspiracy theory. Seems real to me.

Do I think Trump will fix it? At this time, no.

Agree, it will never take one person. Collectively, as a society, our gov't needs to hear our voices and "We The People" have been heard loud and clear.

East Dubzz

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:44 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts

I'm glad you're okay with it because he's "serving his customers" and saw it as a business opportunity. Something makes me think if someone like this was involved with Clinton, you wouldn't quite be singing the same tune. But yeah, let's give him a pass because he's just doing what's good for business. Why don't you give that same pass to the "mainstream media." Aren't they just... "serving their customers"??? Or is this excuse just valid when it's someone you support? Because that's the vibe I'm getting here. You're going to have to defend this vile garbage with something better than "it's good business," because that's some bullshit.

OKwx2k4

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Don't do this. Liberals use code speak as hate language under the guise of political correctness moreso than literally any republican I have ever seen and say it's perfectly ok. Who knew the worst and most despicable thing in the world would be to be a white, uneducated, working class, Christian male? Deplorable? Trash? Do I really need to continue? Am I offended? Crap no because I'm not a pansy but it works both ways.

Money

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

Money

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7935 posts

I'm glad you're okay with it because he's "serving his customers" and saw it as a business opportunity. Something makes me think if someone like this was involved with Clinton, you wouldn't quite be singing the same tune. But yeah, let's give him a pass because he's just doing what's good for business. Why don't you give that same pass to the "mainstream media." Aren't they just... "serving their customers"??? Or is this excuse just valid when it's someone you support? Because that's the vibe I'm getting here. You're going to have to defend this vile garbage with something better than "it's good business," because that's some bullshit.

The reason why I hate the Clintons is because they use their foundation to make millions for themselves. Not even 10% of the donations they receive actually help people. They pocket a lot of it and it's wrong.

Clinton went from being dead broke to being a millionaire because of politics
  • Tom likes this

jaster220

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:07 PM

jaster220

St. Joseph Lighthouse January 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4592 posts
  • LocationKRMY (Marshall, MI) KBEH (work)

I do find it funny that the Republican Party is now in bed with Putin. What a weird change of events. If you know Putin, you know he's just using him to get what he wants in the Middle East. He now has the freedom to do his s**t over there because Trump will just turn a blind eye. Really not that hard to figure out.

Just because DT finds more to like about Putin than HRC did, doesn't mean Repubs are rallying behind him. LOL

Winter 2017-18 Snow Total = 68.3"  Oct: 0.0 Nov: 0.0 Dec: 24.2 Jan: 14.5 Feb: 19.7 Mar: 4.7 Apr: 5.2 (annual avg for mby = ~49.9", avg for last 10 seasons = 67.4" ) 135% of normal-what a stretch it's been!!

Winter 2016-17 Snow Total = 52"

Winter 2015-16 Snow Total = 57.4"

Winter 2014-15 Snow Total = 55.3"

Winter 2013-14 Snow Total = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!) 

Winter 2012-13 Snow Total = 47.2"

Winter 2011-12 Snow Total = 43.7"

Notable Blizzards/Snowstorms in SWMI: Nov 2015, Feb 2015, Jan 2014Feb 2011, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Jan 1982, Jan 1979, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, March 1973, Jan 1967, March 1947, Jan 1918

"Long range winter forecasting - it's like tossing darts in a hurricane.."  "In my day, they didn't name 'em, they just called 'em blizzards! *Shakes fist in air and ambles away mumbling to himself" and to think kids nowadays get day's off school because the wind blew. I think in '78 we only got 1 day off”  "..It's the U.P. where there are two seasons. Winter, and three months of bad skiing.."

NEJeremy

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:09 PM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Agree, it will never take one person. Collectively, as a society, our gov't needs to hear our voices and "We The People" have been heard loud and clear.

By the electoral college he was chosen, because as we all know the popular vote says otherwise. Not to mention even if you look at the electoral numbers, Trump's victory had one of the lower totals in history. 12th lowest by percentage since the electoral college began(56 elections). 6th lowest by percentage since 1884! 5th lowest total since the electoral college at the 538 votes it's at now(1964). Only the buffoon George W(2x), and then Carter(1976) and Nixon(1972) had closer margins. Not exactly loud and clear to me and to the majority of voters too.

https://en.wikipedia..._College_margin

East Dubzz

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts

The reason why I hate the Clintons is because they use their foundation to make millions for themselves. Not even 10% of the donations they receive actually help people. They pocket a lot of it and it's wrong.

Clinton went from being dead broke to being a millionaire because of politics

And Donald uses his foundation to pay off legal battles. Cry about it.

East Dubzz

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:11 PM

East Dubzz

Daily Contributor

• Mods
  • 1756 posts

Just because DT finds more to like about Putin than HRC did, doesn't mean Repubs are rallying behind him. LOL

https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw

PUTIN Net-Favorability (YouGov/Economist Poll) among...

Democrats July 2014: -54

Aug 2016: -54

Republicans July 2014: -66

Aug 2016: -27

You were saying?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Other