Thunder98

Now I'm told that I create weather models out of whole cloth...as if I have nothing better to do than lie.

Some may say that I am overly sensitive woman; but the truth of the matter is there are times when I genuinely ask myself what I am doing alive.

I never said you were lying. I was just surprised that a German model exists. I'm pretty sure most of us on here weren't aware of it.
  • Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

These people who insult Trump, even going so far as to use profanity and other invective...be it on Twitter or in the general media...they are playing with fire and are completely oblivious to that fact. 

Love him or hate him; he is the president and he is in a position to do great harm to any of them whenever his patience runs out.  He can bring the IRS against them and have their tax returns audited; he can have their licenses revoked; or he could even lodge criminal charges against them under some obscure statute and have them thrown in jail...and he would make certain that they appear before the *right* judge.

These reporters and others; they must be afflicted with some type of historical amnesia; for I can think of very few monarchs or other heads of state over the last 6000 years who would have tolerated even 1% of what Trump has listened to.  Execution or life sentences were very common in the not so distant past for such comments about the national leader; lest they forget...

If they believe that they are somehow immune or insulated from potential retribution; their degree of delusion is quite profound.

If they think that the "1st Amendment" and "free speech" provides them with an impenetrable shield of perpetual impunity; they need to be made aware of the fact that "The Law" is whatever the person who is in running the country says it is.

"He who refuses to remember the past is condemned to repeat it."

___Santayana

• Like 2

These people who insult Trump, even going so far as to use profanity and other invective...be it on Twitter or in the general media...they are playing with fire and are completely oblivious to that fact. 

Love him or hate him; he is the president and he is in a position to do great harm to any of them whenever his patience runs out.  He can bring the IRS against them and have their tax returns audited; he can have their licenses revoked; or he could even lodge criminal charges against them under some obscure statute and have them thrown in jail...and he would make certain that they appear before the *right* judge.

These reporters and others; they must be afflicted with some type of historical amnesia; for I can think of very few monarchs or other heads of state over the last 6000 years who would have tolerated even 1% of what Trump has listened to.  Execution or life sentences were very common in the not so distant past for such comments about the national leader; lest they forget...

If they believe that they are somehow immune or insulated from potential retribution; their degree of delusion is quite profound.

If they think that the "1st Amendment" and "free speech" provides them with an impenetrable shield of perpetual impunity; they need to be made aware of the fact that "The Law" is whatever the person who is in running the country says it is.

"He who refuses to remember the past is condemned to repeat it."

___Santayana

So you're saying he is a dictator then? You're saying he can attack any US citizen that speaks out against him when his patience runs out? Most of us realize that is what he is trying to be. No person is above the law in THE UNITED STATES, even the president, and he is "learning" that every day. Well I shouldn't say he is learning it as much as he is seeing that everyday.

#stablegenius

So you're saying he is a dictator then? You're saying he can attack any US citizen that speaks out against him when his patience runs out? Most of us realize that is what he is trying to be. No person is above the law in THE UNITED STATES, even the president, and he is "learning" that every day. Well I shouldn't say he is learning it as much as he is seeing that everyday.

#stablegenius

I did not claim him to be anything...re-read if you are under that misapprehension...I am not even commenting on Trump specifically; but rather anyone  holding the highest office.

If you believe that "no one is above the law" and would not utilize a position of awesome power to recompense their foes; you are walking around blind w/o a cane and are thoroughly unacquainted with political history; this is a version of history too well known to merit re-visiting.

The only thing that restrains someone in such an office is self-restraint; and those who have offended him had best hope that such restraint is maintained.

Part of it may be that here in 2018; life is about as easy as it has ever been since recorded history commenced; and most Americans...having endured very limited hardships vis a vis their ancestors...have a narrow (though lofty and idealistic) series of perceptions, conceptions, and expectations about life and operate under the misconception that such conditions are static and eternally unchanging; the idea that that their present exalted condition is unbelievably fragile is incomprehensible to them; for it is all they have ever known...

• Like 3

Part of it may be that here in 2018; life is about as easy as it has ever been since recorded history commenced; and most Americans...having endured very limited hardships vis a vis their ancestors...have a narrow (though lofty and idealistic) series of perceptions, conceptions, and expectations about life and operate under the misconception that such conditions are static and eternally unchanging; the idea that that their present exalted condition is unbelievably fragile is incomprehensible to them; for it is all they have ever known...

Bravo!

Anything we youngsters enjoy was due to sacrifices by those who have come before us, be it via defeating global tyrants in a massive conflict, or on a more personal level such as caring for us when we were helpless newborns..

• Like 1

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 52.8" (89% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.1 Apr: 0.0

Avg = 59.2"  (Harrison): 2023-24 = xx.x" 

Avg = 45.0"  (KDTW): 2022-23 = 33.5"   2021-22 = 35.6"    

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

and he's just the douchebag to try something like that. Ooh, I hope he isn't reading this thread....

I did not claim him to be anything...re-read if you are under that misapprehension. 

However, if you believe that "no one is above the law" and would not utilize a position of awesome power to recompense their foes; you are walking around blind w/o a cane and are thoroughly unacquainted with political history; this is a version of history too well known to merit re-visiting.

The only thing that restrains someone in such an office is self-restraint; and those who have offended him had best hope that such restraint is maintained.

I don't know too many people who are crapped upon and then smile and call it ice cream.  The concept of "turning the other cheek" has fairly limited historical precedent. 

But people believe what they are predisposed to believe and see what they are predisposed to see; I suppose...

• Like 1

#stablegenius

Do you know how many people Lincoln had executed; both military and civilian?  The Greatest and Most Celebrated Figure in American History...

Or how about the thousands of Japanese-Americans FDR locked away in internment camps; all for the crime of being Japanese?

The most "liberal" president up to that point in time...

The one constant throughout time is the very nature of man;  we believe we have evolved; but the belief is false.  The most recent century, the twentieth, was the bloodiest of them all; though the number of murders must be pro-rated for the general increase in population along with the technological advances in the "business of killing".

Man is caught in a loop of his own making and he cannot escape it.  He has met the enemy...and it is Him.

But is this anything new? 

100 years ago, during the First World War, "suggestions" regarding the rationing of food were not being taken terribly seriously by the rabble.
So what edict does the government promulgate in response to this failure of its subjects to do its will?

They come out with, "the restrictions will be voluntary, but any attempted evasion will result in compulsory enforcement"...

You have to love it...

The 40 year prison sentences that many, many people received at the time for simply circulating pamphlets in opposition to the "will of the government" have been carefully expunged from the history books.

This was but one generation removed from a rather infamous opinion delivered in 1893 by a then rather obscure Ohio Circuit Court judge; who determined that "quitting a job without the consent of one's employer" was a criminal offense on the part of the employee.  That obscure judge from the Buckeye State would end up becoming the 27th President of the United States in 1909 and the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court 12 years later; his name, of course, is William H Taft.

Solomon was right; there is *nothing* new under the sun!

Despite the grave inequity that saturates our existence; life still fumbles along in a reasonably satisfactory self-perceived fashion for most people; as their detachment from reality; carefully aided & abetted by willful ignorance...affords them the luxury of not caring

Since nothing lasts forever; the complacency that characterizes the insulated amongst us is fomented by the not entirely incorrect mathematical notion that life is short and by the time some quantum change in the social dynamic that directly impacts them manifests; they will be either old and senile or on to the next life.

Even if the changes take place well before then; they stand well armed with the following witticism for the day the ever expanding Police State actually touches their lives:

"First they came for the statues; but I did nothing; for I was not a statue."

Lol.

Even if the changes take place well before then; they stand well armed with the following witticism for the day the ever expanding Police State actually touches their lives:

"First they came for the statues; but I did nothing; for I was not a statue."

Lol.

But some will argue, "this is all in the past!"

In response, I would ask them to peruse the current incarceration statistics; which show that 1 out of every 100 Americans is currently sitting in a cage...

The prison industrial complex is a wonderfully profitable endeavor; and since the prison population has quintupled over the last four decades; the amount of free labor is not in short supply.  Present day America incarcerates more people per capita than the Gulag under Stalin; Mao's China; or even the apartheid regime in South Africa; more than any nation in the history of the world. 

Multi-national corporations enter into agreements with state and local correctional facilities; and, by carefully exploiting the little known loophole in the 13th Amendment; have made billions of dollars in the process.

Nobody pays much attention, of course, I mean; its all good business. Hey; how's your 401K doin'?

Are there some genuinely sick and depraved people out there who belong in a cage?  Absolutely. 

But do between two and three million Americans fall into that category?  I highly doubt it.  Many are in for trivial matters and should not be locked up.

For example, one-third of the inmates in South Carolina are incarcerated because they are late on their child support...not because they do not want to pay; but they simply do not have the money.

One cannot get blood from a stone; and placing people in what amounts to a debtors prison is a horrific injustice.

Are there some genuinely sick and depraved people out there who belong in a cage?  Absolutely. 

But do between two and three million Americans fall into that category?  I highly doubt it.  Many are in for trivial matters and should not be locked up.

For example, one-third of the inmates in South Carolina are incarcerated because they are late on their child support...not because they do not want to pay; but they simply do not have the money.

One cannot get blood from a stone; and placing people in what amounts to a debtors prison is a horrific injustice.

Yeah, that's stupid stuff. Instead of putting them to useful work, we lock 'em up add the burden of paying for it on the back of the working tax-payer.  

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 52.8" (89% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.1 Apr: 0.0

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

Yeah, that's stupid stuff. Instead of putting them to useful work, we lock 'em up add the burden of paying for it on the back of the working tax-payer.  

Remember that the prison industrial complex is concurrently both a huge success and a huge failure.

It is a success because it is the greatest economic boon the world has ever known...providing millions of jobs for lawyers, judges, prison guards, court officers, "therapists", people who build prisons, people who supply prisons, etc.  Billions of dollars are made because of it, and that 13th Amendment loophole..."no slavery or involuntary servitude, except for those duly convicted of a crime" is exploited by corporations to the max.  Companies from Microsoft to Walmart enter into contracts with the prisons; and they get the inmates to labor for a penny an hour; no sick days, no unions, no strikes; all under pain of having parole denied.

No need to outsource overseas; this is even a better deal than that!

The war on crime concept is a failure...a miserable failure...because crime is pretty much at the same level it has always been...perhaps even higher.

Ever wonder why perjury is so seldom prosecuted?  It is seldom prosecuted because it is the life blood of the judicial system.  Remove perjury and 95% of the cases would suddenly disappear off the court calendar...and everyone mentioned above would be out of work.

If the tenor of my posts are depressing it is because I am depressed; during my incarnation I have witnessed many things that are difficult to internalize and there are times when I genuinely look forward to my exit from this world.  Of course five seconds subsequent to that exit; I will almost certainly end up in that place where Dante noted the sign hanging above its entrance:

"Abandon hope; all ye who enter here!"

Not exactly something to look forward to; but I suppose it was my fate.

It is my understanding that Cicero was similarly depressed; so at least I am in good company!

Just a reminder that marriage is a bad risk for men in today's feminist society. I've heard lots of horror stories of men not getting access to their children while paying out the nose in child support while living in poverty. I'm sure everyone on the forum knows at least one man who has been shafted big time by this corrupt system.

23-24 seasonal snow total: 17.8" (as of 3/9/24)

Just a reminder that marriage is a bad risk for men in today's feminist society. I've heard lots of horror stories of men not getting access to their children while paying out the nose in child support while living in poverty. I'm sure everyone on the forum knows at least one man who has been shafted big time by this corrupt system.

I do not think too many people would debate the fact that you live in a shadow Matriarchy; and have since about the time LBJ took office. 

One thing you can say about me; at least I am not a liar; unlike so many other American Women who cry "patriarchy"!

If this were a "patriarchy", I would challenge you to name one law that was passed in the last 50 years solely for the benefit of men....

Oohh...now the news media is touting "Oprah" to be the next president...whose main claim to fame is offering unsolicited advice to couch potatoes...

Sounds like a person of presidential timbre to me!

I suppose Oprah constitutes a substantial upgrade over the likes of someone of Sarah Palin's ilk; who knew not the difference between North & South Korea; or even what the "Fed" was...

If she is qualified to govern the largest state in terms of area; I suppose I am likewise qualified to govern the Universe...

Heard of "retardation?  This is Retard Nation...

Oohh...now the news media is touting "Oprah" to be the next president...whose main claim to fame is offering unsolicited advice to couch potatoes...

Sounds like a person of presidential timbre to me!

I suppose Oprah constitutes a substantial upgrade over the likes of someone of Sarah Palin's ilk; who knew not the difference between North & South Korea; or even what the "Fed" was...

If she is qualified to govern the largest state in terms of area; I suppose I am likewise qualified to govern the Universe...

Heard of "retardation?  This is Retard Nation...

If I sound jealous I am; it is incredibly frustrating to watch lesser people pass me by in terms of undeserved status and positions of power...and I am at a loss for how to remedy it.

If I sound jealous I am; it is incredibly frustrating to watch lesser people pass me by in terms of undeserved status and positions of power...and I am at a loss for how to remedy it.

I thought a few posts/rants ago you said that you were incarcerated?? Did I miss something? Were you waxing poetic perhaps? 

True dat! Been livin' the dream 16 yrs now! Thanks for the reminder tho.. :lol:  I follow the wx partially cuz it's a cheap to free hobby...one i can sorta afford sans the paid sites stuff, lol

I thought a few posts/rants ago you said that you were incarcerated?? Did I miss something? Were you waxing poetic perhaps? 

LOL...I said "during my incarnation"...i.e. My lifetime on earth.  Not *incarceration*.  Big difference.

My biggest crime thus far is a traffic ticket for speeding through the Minnesota in 2016...

Always remember the variation on the ancient proverb:

"Verily I tell you, it is far easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a white girl to see the inside of a prison cell"

I'm a walking embodiment of that concept...

If the tenor of my posts are depressing it is because I am depressed; during my incarnation I have witnessed many things that are difficult to internalize and there are times when I genuinely look forward to my exit from this world.  Of course five seconds subsequent to that exit; I will almost certainly end up in that place where Dante noted the sign hanging above its entrance:

See!  No real jail; though Alex Jones may not be too far off when he dubs this "Prison Planet".

I re-located to the Black Hills hoping to see some nice snows and it does not snow here.

Truly I tell you, that were I given 100 choices and 99 were the Correct, Good Ones and One was the Incorrect Bad One; I would somehow manage to choose the One Bad One.  And believe Me, this goes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond the weather...

It is so sickening it is beyond sickening.  It also adds credence to My Theory that all of this is a Rigged Game; Hell on Earth; designed by Someone In Charge to inflict as much agony as He can until you Cry Uncle...

Of course the oceanic depths of feeling that I possess do not avail themselves of insensitivity; and thus when My Father called Me the "pin cushion" his characterization was quite apt...

I re-located to the Black Hills hoping to see some nice snows and it does not snow here.

Truly I tell you, that were I given 100 choices and 99 were the Correct, Good Ones and One was the Incorrect Bad One; I would somehow manage to choose the One Bad One.  And believe Me, this goes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond the weather...

It is so sickening it is beyond sickening.  It also adds credence to My Theory that all of this is a Rigged Game; Hell on Earth; designed by Someone In Charge to inflict as much agony as He can until you Cry Uncle...

Of course the oceanic depths of feeling that I possess do not avail themselves of insensitivity; and thus when My Father called Me the "pin cushion" his characterization was quite apt...

Anticipating some type of a change in this seemingly never-ending dynamic would be on par with what Samuel Johnson once said of 2nd marriages, "a triumph of hope over experience". 

Genuine happiness is as elusive as a butterfly...

Well, I suppose that's enough of that.  I think I'll take a nap and pray that I never wake up.

I pray that every night and every morning I awaken disappointed!

As the saying goes, "give it time"; for it is bound to come to pass One Day.

Lol.

I never said you were lying. I was just surprised that a German model exists. I'm pretty sure most of us on here weren't aware of it.

Ooh...one more thing before I exit Stage Right.

I want to thank you for all the lovely things you wrote about Me; and I am soo happy that I was able to help you win your bet.

Good luck in your future...you are going to need it.

Ooh...one more thing before I exit Stage Right.

I want to thank you for all the lovely things you wrote about Me; and I am soo happy that I was able to help you win your bet.

Good luck in your future...you are going to need it.

What bet? It's not like I am out to get you. I have never even said anything bad about you personally. 

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Yes ucf definitely beat some top level teams... Auburn Yada Yada Yada.. Neutral site auburn in a game that they cared little about.

And Bama really beat some regular season juggernauts.  LSU and Miss State 

you SEC fanboys are the worst and have ruined CFB, go back to worshiping Paul Finebaum

And Bama really beat some regular season juggernauts. LSU and Miss State

you SEC fanboys are the worst and have ruined CFB, go back to worshiping Paul Finebaum

Barely beat clemson too right? I am big ten guy...

Ohio state would not beat Alabama or Georgia in this game.

Well, I suppose that's enough of that. I think I'll take a nap and pray that I never wake up.

I pray that every night and every morning I awaken disappointed!

As the saying goes, "give it time"; for it is bound to come to pass One Day.

Lol.

Hey uhh... you doing alright over there?