Thunder98

I will admit Clinton is corrupt. Definitely is, but let's not act like Trump is some clean savior. Cheeto Christ is just as bad as the politicians he demonizes, except he's going to bring his business corruption into office - at least he's open about that.

I love how you all rail about the mainstream media..... but when Steve Bannon does things just as bad, if not much worse, he's just doing "good business." Gimme a D**n break. Those crazy outlets brainwash you just as much. All news is corrupt in some way. It just depends which way we lean when we call one out.

• Like 1

so you admit Clinton is corrupt?

way to dodge the question. Trump is more corrupt than Clinton, look at the hundreds and hundreds of lawsuits against him. He just settled a 25 million dollar lawsuit against his bogus, scam university. Let me guess though he didn't make any money off of that? You don't think he made millions off of that? For everything that you claim Clinton has done, Trump has also done on some similar level. 

He lied more than any candidate in the election and it wasn't even close.

Then you have the sexual assaults, discrimination, racism, and just pure offensive behavior.

It's been a great conversation Money. The best part of this is we get to see your leader screw things up for the next 4 years, and we'll be here to point it out every step of the way :lol:  :lol:

way to dodge the question. Trump is more corrupt than Clinton, look at the hundreds and hundreds of lawsuits against him. He just settled a 25 million dollar lawsuit against his bogus, scam university. Let me guess though he didn't make any money off of that? You don't think he made millions off of that? For everything that you claim Clinton has done, Trump has also done on some similar level.

He lied more than any candidate in the election and it wasn't even close.

Then you have the sexual assaults, discrimination, racism, and just pure offensive behavior.

It's been a great conversation Money. The best part of this is we get to see your leader screw things up for the next 4 years, and we'll be here to point it out every step of the way :lol: :lol:

Out of the 18 candidates in the GOP field Trump was dead last on the list. I voted for Rubio in the primary. My vote was against Clinton more than for Trump because I can't stand Bill or Hillary and there was no other option

Out of the 18 candidates in the GOP field Trump was dead last on the list. I voted for Rubio in the primary. My vote was against Clinton more than for Trump because I can't stand Bill or Hillary and there was no other option

my thoughts exactly, voted for rubio as well. I am not a massive fan of trump but would rather kill myself than see Hillary in office. 

• Like 1

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

Wow, jumped on here just to see what the off topic was about.  I assumed it was politics, and it is.  Seems like a bad idea with all the name calling and negativity that always comes with discussing politics online.  There is no worse place in the world to discuss politics than on the Internet, but unfortunately that is where the vast majority of politics is discussed and opinions formed.  For the record, I am anti-liberal and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Hillary's political machine take a beating.  i didn't love Trump, but certainly didn't hate him.  I'm very interested to see how this will go.  Personally I think he is making some very solid cabinet choices.  IMO this country needed a new direction in a bad bad way, so I welcome this change. 

• Like 2

Wow, jumped on here just to see what the off topic was about.  I assumed it was politics, and it is.  Seems like a bad idea with all the name calling and negativity that always comes with discussing politics online.  There is no worse place in the world to discuss politics than on the Internet, but unfortunately that is where the vast majority of politics is discussed and opinions formed.  For the record, I am anti-liberal and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Hillary's political machine take a beating.  i didn't love Trump, but certainly didn't hate him.  I'm very interested to see how this will go.  Personally I think he is making some very solid cabinet choices.  IMO this country needed a new direction in a bad bad way, so I welcome this change. 

I hope Trump does continue to make good choices. 

I just don't get the idea behind our country needing such a big change. What, exactly, is so wrong with things right now that they need to be changed so D**n much? Last I checked, things are going pretty well. I mean, I guess if you want things to be 100% perfect all the time, then you'll have some beef - but you always will. Just don't get the idea behind this radical change at all. It makes no sense.

He's chosen a white supremacist, a lady who wants to make the school system private and charter schools, and today chose a whacky doctor who thinks the pyramids were made to store grain to be head of the HUD when he has absolutely zero experience doing anything remotely close to what his new job will be. It's funny how unimportant education and experience apparently is when it comes to the most important positions in our US government. Carson even said so himself that he feels he's not a good choice to run any of these cabinet positions. Sorry if I don't agree with his choices and that has nothing to do with me being a democrat.

He's chosen a white supremacist, a lady who wants to make the school system private and charter schools, and today chose a whacky doctor who thinks the pyramids were made to store grain to be head of the HUD when he has absolutely zero experience doing anything remotely close to what his new job will be. It's funny how unimportant education and experience apparently is when it comes to the most important positions in our US government. Carson even said so himself that he feels he's not a good choice to run any of these cabinet positions. Sorry if I don't agree with his choices and that has nothing to do with me being a democrat.

I don't get how people like the Carson pick. He literally just said he's not fit to run a department, and now he's running one. And his education pick is funny considering her connections and donation history to Republicans and her connection to Trump. But yeah, changing the "status-quo".... I guess?

• Like 1

Ooh I know! It's because a democrat is president right now. And if things were 100% perfect, people would still be unhappy just because a democrat is in power.

I just don't get the idea behind our country needing such a big change. What, exactly, is so wrong with things right now that they need to be changed so D**n much? Last I checked, things are going pretty well. I mean, I guess if you want things to be 100% perfect all the time, then you'll have some beef - but you always will. Just don't get the idea behind this radical change at all. It makes no sense.

Things are going pretty well for the wealthy and some of the upper middle class. The middle class/working class is really hurting. Travel to Appalachia or rural America and tell them things are going pretty well.

Personally I'm fed up with two main things.

1. War- Just please stop

2. Corruption

Those two things alone led me to "support" Trump. My first choice was Bernie by far though

Things are going well? Slowest economy since I have been alive! Wife and I both got out of college and have done well for ourselves, but have never worked in a good economy! It would be fantastic to see a 4% growth of the economy year over year and that even is lower than what expectations should be. Wanted nothing to do with Hilary, and I believe Trump has the ability to make this country roll again, but cautiously optimistic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikemadowitz/status/805865497824731137?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Goldman Sachs accounts for 1/4 of the uptick in the market since the election. But remember, Clinton was the one that was really going to help them out, Trump will put them in their place for sure... especially his Treasury Secretary ;)

Things are going pretty well for the wealthy and some of the upper middle class. The middle class/working class is really hurting. Travel to Appalachia or rural America and tell them things are going pretty well.

Personally I'm fed up with two main things.

1. War- Just please stop

2. Corruption

Those two things alone led me to "support" Trump. My first choice was Bernie by far though

I live in rural America, so I don't really have to travel far.

Lol at corruption. Yeah, Trump is an angel, no signs of corruption at all. Very clean. So clean!

Things are going well? Slowest economy since I have been alive! Wife and I both got out of college and have done well for ourselves, but have never worked in a good economy! It would be fantastic to see a 4% growth of the economy year over year and that even is lower than what expectations should be. Wanted nothing to do with Hilary, and I believe Trump has the ability to make this country roll again, but cautiously optimistic.

Have you ever taken an economics course? 4% growth is not only unattainable, but you don't want that either. You realize that rapid of growth is actually bad, right? The economy is almost maxed out as it is, and that's why the Fed is about to raise interest rates. You have to control growth or it hurts an economy. But yeah, please tell me how about 4.6% unemployment, 70+ months of job creation (176K last month), and steady increases in wages is... must be so terrible. Certain sectors of our economy are not as good anymore, but that doesn't mean our country is doing bad. Welcome to economics. You all want to blame the loss of manufacturing jobs on trade, but the fact is that the decline started well before that, due to the increase in technology. What happens is, as technology improves, companies move to that to keep costs down, keep wages down, increase product, and maximize quantity supplied and profit. Welcome to modern times.

What has Goldman Sachs done that they need to be put in their place?

Quoting twitter Political is about as useful as me screaming out my backdoor telling the neighbors dogs to shut up☺

Wait... wtf?

Well, besides taking a huge roll in the housing crisis (kind of a big deal, if I recall correctly), Trump blasted Clinton for being in bed with Wall Street.. that was a huge theme... and now you're going to ask me what's the problem with them? Idk, you tell me... your candidate was the one that seemed to dislike them so much. But, yeah, if we ignore their roll in the recession, they haven't done too much.

And sorry for showing you tweets of facts. I forgot you aren't into that kind of stuff. Well, except fake news probably, so I'll just share that with you from now on.

Here's a good article of what you don't want too much growth: https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-the-ideal-gdp-growth-rate-3306017

Basic Econ.

Lots of money --> scarce "good" investment opportunities ---> leads to bad investments

This is also referred to as a bubble. Like the housing bubble, for example. You know, the one that Goldman Sachs took a huge part in.

176k is an abismal number that over the last 8 years has turned into a good thing. The fed is not raising intrest rates because the economy is maxed out..lol. I have taken numerous econ classes. Again the 4.6 unemployment rate number is grossly miscalculated. Just do a tiny bit of digging and see it more around the 9 to 12% number. If it truly was 4.6ue and wages have increased as you say Hilary even with all her issues would have won in a landslide.

4% of Gdp happened all the time....college just doesn't feel like mentioning it anymore

I live in rural America, so I don't really have to travel far.

Lol at corruption. Yeah, Trump is an angel, no signs of corruption at all. Very clean. So clean!

I weighted my options that I had. Trump vs Clinton. Clinton deals with sketchy backroom deals and will backstab anyone for profit. Trump, well he's a businessman so hes corrupt by nature (corrupt isn't the best term but whatever.) The difference to me is Trump is upfront about everything. Clinton is too sneaky.

Also, if I recall I never said Trump was an angle. Bernie was my to go to candidate.

Go to rural areas that depend on manufacturing jobs and tell them it's going good

Seriously

You mean like rural Illinois... where I live?

Again, manufacturing isn't coming back. And if it does, get ready for costs to go way up. I understand why people feel that way, but they're being naive if they think that's coming back to what it used to be. Technological advances took a huge part in this. What's Trump going to do... limit technology?

The housing bubble the was created by Bill and his buddy Cuomo that forced loans to be written to minorities or face discrimination charges.. of course the banks were going to try and get rid of crap loans on the swap market.

Yeah, it wasn't banks trying to make a profit and rating agencies doing the same... gimme a ******* break.

So you basically just voted anti-establishment? I don't mean that in a bad way, genuinely curious. Because that's about all they have in common, except some kinda similar trade ideas.

Pretty much. A good 35% of the things Trump said I love. Trade, against regime change, pro working class, $1 trillion infrastructure bill to name a few. Obviously this is all talk, but we will see. Surprsingly Trump and Bernie had a good amount in common. They do differ dramatically on social issues and taxes.

Pretty much. A good 35% of the things Trump said I love. Trade, against regime change, pro working class, $1 trillion infrastructure bill to name a few. Obviously this is all talk, but we will see. Surprsingly Trump and Bernie had a good amount in common. They do differ dramatically on social issues and taxes.

Trump tax plan is about as far away as one could be from pro working class...

Okay that makes sense. I agree with those things with Trump as well. The basic ideas of them, I mean. I just don't think his ideas are the right way to go about it. I think Trump can be fine as a president - he just can't do half the stuff he said. He has some good ideas, though, and I hope he moderates out a little. I love the infrastructure (though, with lowering taxes, our debt is going to skyrocket, which is ironic), I agree with regime changes in the ME, and I'm all for trying to help the middle class and I think he had the right message, but I also think he isn't going to fix it.

Yeah, the working class is going to be the same tax wise for the most part. Why not cut their taxes more than the upper class? I'd think a tax break to a person in the middle class means a lot more than one to a wealthy individual.

I won't lie, I don't have a major in economics or anything along those lines. I have seen some respectful professionals come out in support of his plan. So I went with it considering the alternative. I'll judge what happens 4 years from now.

My ideal tax plan is way different than Trumps. Almost scared to post it :)

The very things being pushed by Obama, but Republicans chose to block everything he pushed for. You can't blow up every trade deals without creating economic chaos.

Okay that makes sense. I agree with those things with Trump as well. The basic ideas of them, I mean. I just don't think his ideas are the right way to go about it. I think Trump can be fine as a president - he just can't do half the stuff he said. He has some good ideas, though, and I hope he moderates out a little. I love the infrastructure (though, with lowering taxes, our debt is going to skyrocket, which is ironic), I agree with regime changes in the ME, and I'm all for trying to help the middle class and I think he had the right message, but I also think he isn't going to fix it.

See here's the thing, like Clinton Trump very well could become more of a moderate (I'm not sure I want that tbh.) Trump was a independent, Democrat, and now a republican. In the early 2000's he supported Canada's healthcare system and wished the US had something like it. He's not beholden to the Republican party. Time will tell. In the meantime hopefully the DNC starts rebuilding for 2020.

See here's the thing, like Clinton Trump very well could become more of a moderate (I'm not sure I want that tbh.) Trump was a independent, Democrat, and now a republican. In the early 2000's he supported Canada's healthcare system and wished the US had something like it. He's not beholden to the Republican party.

But it's pretty clear he's going to pander to them for political gains, the same as any ol' politician. And I don't mind that. That's just how politics works, whether you like it or not.

Totally agree, if your in the opinion that your life sucks economically. You have yourself to blame.

But it's pretty clear he's going to pander to them for political gains, the same as any ol' politician. And I don't mind that. That's just how politics works, whether you like it or not.

Chances are so. But you gotta have some hope! Either way if it fails that'll provide leverage for 2020 or even 2018.

Totally agree, if your in the opinion that your life sucks economically. You have yourself to blame. Voters don't get involved until it's to late and usually have need jerk reactions after the fact.

Totally agree, if your in the opinion that your life sucks economically. You have yourself to blame.

That I don't agree with necessarily either. Sometimes the economy just forces bad things to happen to a certain sector. It's how economics works with changing times and technology. Like I feel bad for all the people who lost their manufacturing jobs, but I understand enough to know that those jobs aren't coming back - at least to what they used to be. Now, if you refuse to acknowledge this and won't accept or try to do something else, then yes the blame is partially on you as well.

But economics is complex and there is always going to be some unhappy people.

Try to improve our economy by working trade deals and improving technology to maximize output and profit? Certain sectors are going to be left out.

Try to appeal to that sector and cause inefficiency and higher costs? Overall consumers won't be happy because they now have to pay more.

It's never any easy choice, but you have to figure out where the marginal benefit is greater than the marginal cost.