Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

7.3 Magnitude Earthquake hits North Japan, Tsunami Warning Issued

• Please log in to reply

Thunder98

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:31 PM

Thunder98

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationOrcutt, California

A Significant 7.3 Magnitude Earthquake hits off the the Coast of Japan near Fukushima. Tsunami Warning Issued.    

http://www.bloomberg...ushima-in-japan

Andie

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:27 PM

Andie

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1299 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in North Texas
That fault line just won't settle down and the fact that this one is so high confirms it's still not finished.
I'll have to check out the aftershocks and see if there's on that is close to it or stronger.

The nuclear power plant is still under remediation and much of the land around it seriously contaminated. I haven't heard about the ground water contamination but it stands to reason it it's fouled for a very long time. Fishing near the plant is prohibited but the contamination is beyond the current restrictions. It was absurd to build all those plants along the coastlines.

The Japanese don't release information on it very much and in my humble opinion they've done serious damage to their civilization.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

Andie

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:53 PM

Andie

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1299 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in North Texas
Some are predicting that with the earlier deep quakes in the region that this may be a precursor to a large quake at Japan!

Let us hope not eh.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.