East/Gulf Coast Weather 2017

Phil

Lancaster pa about to get raked over the next hafe an hour

Hopefully Fred doesn't sleep through it. :lol:

So far the atmosphere remains capped. High of 92*F with heat indices in the mid/upper 90s..feels like June outside.

True those normally April and even may tend to be problematic for severe weather here mostly due when you do get systems we tend to get on the cool ocean flow it not until June really when storm events increase.

May is okay sometimes. Monday could be interesting but instability looks like an issue. Still, I think we'll score something decent this month..plus June looks like it could rock.

Cool convergence boundary lying E-W across Maryland and Delmarva this afternoon. Thunderstorm near DC tracking along the boundary.

Loop here: http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/exper/?parms=cenmidat-02-48-1http://weather.cod.edu/data/goes16/cenmidat/02/cenmidat_02_20170430184218.jpg

has a superceller look to it.last spring or early summer we saw something similar where we had a west to east convergence boundary where west of 95 some supercells formed a longed it.
  • Like 1

That was a nasty supercell NE of Winchester VA today. Reports of significant damage, both wind and hail related. Whether it was tornadic or not remains to be seen, but there's a good change a tornado did touch down.

Quite a day if wind in Texas and storms and wind in East Texas.

Despite rain forecast none appeared in The DFW area but east it got bad.

4 tornados and 4 deaths.

IMG_2444.JPG

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

That was a nasty supercell NE of Winchester VA today. Reports of significant damage, both wind and hail related. Whether it was tornadic or not remains to be seen, but there's a good change a tornado did touch down.

yeah for a while it had a well defind hail core so likey put down some good size hail with it as well.

Three consecutive fails here. Hopefully we score something with the cutoff cyclone later this week.

Winds just gusted to 77.1mph @ Fort Belvoir, VA. Snowshoe hit 64mph earlier. I'm estimating gusts between 40-50mph here right now..downsloping ftw.

Sucks that my anemometer is blocked by big trees, which now have fully leafed out.

Yikes..nasty gust just roared through. The sound of branches and twigs snapping permeated the neighborhood with that one.

We're in a hot spot for wind today, apparently. My anemometer is surrounded by mature trees and still picked up a 38mph gust this morning. In reality that gust was probably close to 50mph, but even the 38mph gust is stronger than the peak gusts measured at both Dulles and Reagan, both of which are better-sited than my station in terms of wind exposure.

Heavy rain this morning is a surety but severe looks like it likey stays south but elevated thunder can't be ruled out look like we likey have to wrait late may or june for a more favorable pattern hopefully June proves to be active.some of the signs do point to June being active in our region last time we saw a good severe season was 2012 so we are due for an event or two this summer mines well enjoy this upcoming cool pattern as many things are lining up for another blow torch this summer.

We ended up with more action this morning then I sort of expected those it seem to have little to any lighting and thunder with it mostly a heavey rain wind threat with the squall line.more storms have pop up but so far they been eather west of 95 or in northern va likey where they had more cleaning better instability.

Looking at the modeling, I think it's safe to say our seasonal transition is just about complete, and we enter the summer pattern during the upcoming workweek. June looks like a warm month as well.

At least the cool/wet cycle only lasted 2 weeks this year, which is closer to climo. Last year it lasted the entire month of May.

Torchy. Hit 96*F by 1pm, but early enough in the season that dewpoints are relatively low (mid-60s), so heat indices are sitting around 100*F.

Still sitting at 96*F as of ~ 250pm.

Decent cell to the west

Meh, I think I'm too far south. Unless it can throw down a boundary of some sort.

So far, this severe weather season has been worst than last year's. I didn't think that was possible until now. :lol:

Hmm..could this complex survive the treck into DC?

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/840A2B2E-994F-47CF-A6EB-CCD1ACFCBAA6_zpsdptbbziu.png

Crud monkeys. So much for being too far south..looks like I'm too far north. So tired of getting split.

This area is due for something big. Soon enough we'll find a way to break the curse and get a macroburst into the DC beltway from the west.

Nice batch of storms in Baltimore and the northern beltway.have to watch these as they can create a boundary for new storms to form further south one shower is starting to get some yellow showing just west of me these can be the sneaky types cells at times.looks like the shower has turned into a bit of a cell now.looking pretty weak now little if any lighting strikes now on the am radio so they have weakend.pretty lame over all