East/Gulf Coast Weather 2017

Phil

Just missed again, this time to the north. Winds up to 70mph, hail to half-dollar size being reported just north of the DC beltway.

It a cloud burst here the worst part of the storm is sliping just to the south looks like we got the northern part of the storm.but very heavey rain really getting nailed with rain here can't Imagen the conditions in the Maine part of this cluster.the radar is strongly indacating hail with in the pink part of the radar of this storm just to the south of my location.sucks you got missed again mother nature seems to be giving you a fit as of late phil.

A bit muggy out there tonight. Also our second consecutive evening with a decent lightning display.

In addition, with today's high of 95.4*F, we've now observed three consecutive days above 95*F, and four 90*F+ days on the year so far, which is ahead of last year's pace for the time being. At least it's early enough in the season to avoid bigly dewpoints.

Here comes round three of thunderstorms this has been quite an active evening.first round baltimore and belt way round two dc Anne arundel pg countrys which were major rain producer's and now round three which is somewhat unusual as normaly things stablelise after the first round of storms but not from this system.

Whiffed by everything today. This after getting whiffed yesterday as well.

At least we're saving up our odds for the first *real* severe outbreak, whenever that ends up happening.

Gotta love those spring swings. Highs were in the 60s region wide today, following three consecutive 95+ days to conclude the workweek. Looks like several days of comfortable temperatures upcoming next week as well.

I'm gonna enjoy this while it lasts.

:lol: Yup! We have mockingbirds that "sing" all freakin' night. It's part of the nesting habits, but I mean come on.

We've had rain, significant rain, in our forecast for a week. Not a drop! It went south and north of DFW area. I'm hoping we get another significant rain before summer. We can use it.

Enjoy the temp swings! When the humidity and high heat sets in, we're there till fall.

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Looking at the modeling, I think it's safe to say our seasonal transition is just about complete, and we enter the summer pattern during the upcoming workweek. June looks like a warm month as well.

At least the cool/wet cycle only lasted 2 weeks this year, which is closer to climo. Last year it lasted the entire month of May.

I probably spoke too soon..looks like we're taking a similar route to last May after all, with the cloudy, rainy weather lasting until just before Memorial Day.

I guess climo is climo for a reason. :lol:

We're getting a fair share of scattered rain this month. It's acted like a normal spring for once. ...hey, wait. I'm confused.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

It was a pleasant day north of Philadelphia.

May sucks. It's the final "decent" month before dewpoint season starts, and it ends up cloudy/rainy 90% of the time. A waste.

Then once into June, the cloudy days disappear, and don't occur again until September at earliest, barring a hurricane strike.

Another night of downpours and gusty winds. Picked up a quick 3/4" of rain, which we technically need, thanks to the warm/dry winter.

Also hoping for some severe weather today, since the next opportunity for storms won't arrive until I'm up in Connecticut this weekend (so, expect an overperformer). We need to destabilize before shear relents too much, however, and that might be a challenge with this heavy cloud deck.

HRRRRRRRRRRRRR is on board:

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/528887B1-609A-48D1-B768-B59BDBC5F869_zpsk0hbrbg7.png

Cool and breezy morning north of Philly again. I love it.

Slight chance that I might be moving to the Boston area next year.

At least you won't have to worry about snow anymore. :lol:

The humidity has been such the past three day you could hardly breath.

Gulf air has been like breathing underwater.

Thankfully the front has moved through and you can feel the drop in humidity. And Breath!

But rain will be back in the forecast in a few days.

Won't complain,...we could be in a drought.

It's been an evening of drownpours. Puking rain with occasional sheet lightning and deep, rolling thunder.

It's been an evening of drownpours. Puking rain with occasional sheet lightning and deep, rolling thunder.

Wow, quite a visceral experience ! Lol

We have hot and humid, to be followed by humid and hot with a 50% chance of rain. :/

Temps between 70-92

Humidity between 50% and low 60's, unless it rains.

It's Texas in the summer. No surprises.

Enjoy the next 2 weeks if you live in the Mid-Atlantic, because summer starts during the middle of June.

It might be here to stay, too, though intraseasonal variability has been a player this year so who knows.

Sorry to hear that Phil.

We feel your pain in the heart of Gulf air.

• Like 1

DC reached the upper 40s yesterday morning. That's pretty decent for early June. Currently in the lower 50s here this morning, about an hour before sunrise.

Another beautiful day in store today as well. Low humidity and perfect temperatures. Should also be less windy than yesterday.

Enjoy the cool temperatures this week, because we won't see them again until September.

The furnace is about to begin.

We hit a high of 91* today. Then another wave of thunderstorms are currently rolling through. Temp. 70*

Rain yesterday - 1"

Today so far 1", small wave still west of us.

Very wet for a June here, though it does happen occasionally.

Jet stream.......that ain't right! Looks more like Fall

IMG_2485.GIF

2.65" of rain in first 4.5 days of June.

Remember, this is Texas. If we continue to get these events it will be a very unusual month.

Going back into the typical June 90's for 2 weeks.

Has anyone got an opinion of this years' hurricane season ?

Dropped to 49.3F this morning. All I can say is wow.

I bet that's our last 40s low until October, possibly.

Most pathetic severe season I've ever experienced so far. What an amazing display of warm season convective impotency in recent years. There's still time for this to change, though.

These quiet stretches tend to end with a bang, so maybe we'll pull something out of the hat somehow.

• Like 1

High of 92.5*F today. Humidity is pretty low for the time being, so it's not too bad out there, but I'm sure that'll change with the Bermuda high pumping in the Gulf moisture over the next several days.

Most pathetic severe season I've ever experienced so far. What an amazing display of warm season convective impotency in recent years. There's still time for this to change, though.

These quiet stretches tend to end with a bang, so maybe we'll pull something out of the hat somehow.

yeah its about as bad as it can get really Just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any worse it gets worse lol.like all patterns it has to balance out at some point just a matter of when.

yeah its about as bad as it can get really Just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any worse it gets worse lol.like all patterns it has to balance out at some point just a matter of when.

Probably will rebalance when I'm out of town in late July/August.

The GOM may see some tropical low activity next week.

Sheer and water temps are acting against development, but it's early days.

http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/gulf-of-mexico-could-yield-second-atlantic-tropical-system-of-2017-next-week/70001919

Currently 98*F with a dewpoint of 70*F.

Thank goodness it's only June. A month from now this would probably be a 105*F/80*F afternoon.