East/Gulf Coast Weather 2017

Phil

The two WxBug stations closest to me topped at 100*F and 99*F, respectfully. My high peaked at 99.4*F, heat index 108*F.

Tomorrow should be nicer in the temperature department, but humidity will probably remain elevated south of the M/D line, at least.

Enjoy!

I'm always amazed at how miserable the east coast can be in the summer.

We're in the high 90's, but that normal. Rain is behind us for awhile.

Now it's tropical watch which is our usual first sign of rain potential if it pushes into the coast of Texas.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Enjoy!

I'm always amazed at how miserable the east coast can be in the summer.

We're in the high 90's, but that normal. Rain is behind us for awhile.

Now it's tropical watch which is our usual first sign of rain potential if it pushes into the coast of Texas.

High of 91*F today, so it's cooling off but today actually feels worse than yesterday to me, with the added humidity.

Finally a severe weather pattern showing up next week on the modeling. Has been over a month since we've come close to anything interesting storm-wise.

Finally a severe weather pattern showing up next week on the modeling. Has been over a month since we've come close to anything interesting storm-wise.

it's about time certainly nothing of interest today unless you go south and southwest of here this as you said phil has been one of the most impressive lack of storm activity streaks I have seen in a while it almost Comercial.if the data is right Monday has the potential to be quite a widespread severe day across the area

97* with heat index of 107*

Humidity 52%

Dewpoint 75*

A week of this with a 30% chance of thunderstorms that will just compound t he misery.

Long term, next Sat. could lower the temps to 92* and a thunderstorm.

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

97* with heat index of 107*

Humidity 52%

Dewpoint 75*

A week of this with a 30% chance of thunderstorms that will just compound t he misery.

Long term, next Sat. could lower the temps to 92* and a thunderstorm.

Kind of muggy here but at least it's cool. Currently 81.7*F with a dewpoint of 73*F.

It's lobster time in Texas ! ....and I'm the lobster.

• Like 1

Oh !........Happy Father's Day to you daddios !

It hit 95* today

Current 91, feels like 102*

:/

The tropics are starting to get active. Here's a kind of overview.

Looks like the Gulf may be getting prepared to come on deck.

Overall, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration forecasts 11 to 17 named tropical storms will develop in the region, which includes the Atlantic, the Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico, the agency announced Thursday. The season officially begins June 1 and runs through Nov. 30.

Of the hurricanes, two to four could be major, with wind speeds of 111 mph or higher and rated as Category 3, 4 or 5 on the Saffir-Simpson Scale of Hurricane Intensity. An average season typically spawns six hurricanes and peaks in August and September.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/pub/forecasts/discussion/MIATWOAT

http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/tropical-atlantic-may-spring-to-life-over-the-next-7-days/70001943

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallshepherd/2017/06/16/early-hurricane-season-may-be-brewing-something-in-the-gulf-of-mexico-4-things-to-know/#f9b78245ea8a

IMG_2507.PNG

Maybe something fun tomorrow. Looks to be the most potent activity since I first moved out here.

That's not saying much, lol. It wasn't long ago we'd get moderate risks every summer, and at least one severe/tornado watch box every week.

For whatever reason, this climate has been on laxatives since July of 2015. Just not as much "weather" overall since that super niño messed with everything.

That's not saying much, lol. It wasn't long ago we'd get moderate risks every summer, and at least one severe/tornado watch box every week.

For whatever reason, this climate has been on laxatives since July of 2015. Just not as much "weather" overall since that super niño messed with everything.

what will likey happen is once it switchs it will do it in a bang as we said it not a question of it doing it it when lol. Watch it happen when we are all out of town would be just our luck.

Usually we get our most active weather during the 11yr solar minimums, so hopefully that bodes well for us over the next several years.

An unusual northern front will bring us upwards of 1" of rain around 6 am morning.

Some thunderstorms could be quite heavy, with 60mph winds and 1" hail.

We'll drop to a chilly 90* after a 98* blazing and muggy Father's Day.

The line of storms are in Oklahoma right now along I40.

Tuesday is Summer Solstace for all you pagans and those looking forward to Fall.

We're finally on the downhill slope to cooler weather. Optimistic, I know.

Our real heat always comes for 2 months after Solstace.

Received .40 of an inch. Nice morning thunder for a summer

Most of the heavy rain remained East.

It'll be cloudy most often f the day with a muggy high of 90*

Is it just me, or is this an odd summer thus far?

Line just passed. Didn't hear any thunder and the lightning app tells me there wasn't anything near by either. 10 minutes of heavy rain was about the extent of it. Interesting to see what is developing behind the front and the mesostructure trying to build off the coast. Maybe next time.

yeah this has been more of a typical event for the reagion not really the most exciting in terms of severe.in other words the bark is worse than the bite.

Yeah, "enhanced risk" my arse. The mid-February frontal passage produced 100X more carnage around here compared to this scrawny storm.

Heck, that February event put down gusts of 70-115mph across the region, even blew cars out of their parking spots and tore off roofs. I don't see a single 60+ wind report with this thing.

Pathetic.

Looks like DCA hit 52mph. Sub-severe.

Looks like DCA hit 52mph. Sub-severe.

that the trouble with doppler radar type warnings the radar may well be seeing those severe wind speeds from with in the storm but it doesn't always mean those winds verifi at the surface which is why conformation from spotters are that more important to give us the real truth in what the storm or storms are producing as radar doesn't always give you the real time answers.interesting enough the storms got better looking at the coast as the wind shear actually ended up better right on the coast.it is true those smaller scale systems which arnt forecasted to do much have tended to be the ones that snuck up on everyone and ended up being big thunderstorm makers in our reagion.just shows that data does miss important factors in convective systems which can eather add or degrade storm formations.

Tropical Storm Bret becomes earliest named storm so far south in the Atlantic

An unusually strong system for June will pass through the southern part of the Windward Islands with tropical storm conditions on Monday night and Tuesday.

They system strengthened into Tropical Storm Bret on Monday afternoon and will cause winds and seas to build around the islands and the Venezuela coast through Tuesday.

IMG_2511.JPG

I've seen mapping that drives this system as a big rain event in to North Texas along with Louisiana. If rainfall is heavy enough we'll see flooding along the coastlines.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/gulf-of-mexico-coast-remains-on-alert-for-budding-tropical-system/70001974

The system may take shape over the central Gulf of Mexico and be pulled northward to the central Gulf Coast from the Florida Panhandle to Louisiana. Another scenario takes the system on a more westward track toward the coasts of northeastern Mexico, Texas or western Louisiana.

IMG_2512.JPG

OMG, it's beautiful outside. Westerly winds, low dewpoints, and highs in the mid-80s. Perfection.

One of the reasons why yesterday event may have under performed may have been due to the poor lapes rates and shear which makes you question why spc went for the enhanced risk when data was iffy that morning to begin with.I have most repect for the spc but it is fair to say they went a bit to aggressive when data was strongly hinting at the iffy aspect.

The tropical storm is being pushed further west to the Texas / La. border. NOLA could receive over 1' of rain where DFW may only see 1/2". Updates may continue to move it west. We'll wait and see.

Thursday will be the heaviest rain for NOLA, bears watching.

Phil,

Check your PMs please.

Phil,

Check your PMs please.

Thanks! I'll be home around 6-630pm, so I'll be able to read it and get back to you by then (phone doesn't like the PM system for whatever reason).

Looks like the DFW area will get some cloud cover but the rain will remain east.  TS Cindy is coming in on the TX/La border.  Heavy rain and flooding. As usual the east side of the storm will catch the rain.  Still, I think it's the Gulf's years and this may be a long summer for storms.

TS Cindy.jpeg

Happy Solstice !

Nice little TS landed right on the Tx/La. border.  Dropping a good deal of rain at Beaumont, Tx. northward.  The entire south is getting rain.

Satellite Cindy.gif

Aiming for our 15th 90+ high today. Given the seasonal temperature cycle, we're in pace for at least 50 to 60 days above 90 degrees this year.