East/Gulf Coast Weather 2017

Phil

We're getting outer bands of clouds at 2900 ft.

Nice day, 84*

Humid with 70%

Expecting rain Sat/Sun from TS Cindy

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

102*

Humidity 50%

Rain in the morning with a front pushing through.

Rain up to 1" or so.

Highs tomorrow........83*. Lol

That's Texas.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

With a tropical system blended with a front you would have thought things would be more impressive radar wise pa got hit pretty good but again it seems we are the big hole.this has been one of the worst streaks of none exciting thunderstorm stretches I have seen around here you got to think it has to break sooner or later.but lately we seem to find any way possible to fail.

We topped out just west of me at 105. Heat indexes near 112-115. Amazingingly hot for June.

We have a Cold Front just now crossing the Red River and we will see a low near 72-73 with thunderstorms, chance of hail, at 6-7 a.m.

High of 83, a record low for the high this day.

So, from record high, to record low. Interesting start to the summer.

Can't wait to see how the TS's and Hurricanes shake things up.

Enjoy the sauna, Phil !!

Craziest light show I've seen in memory.  All cloud to cloud sparks.

I thought there were several emergency vehicles outside when it woke me. 

It was all cloud to cloud lights.  Crazy stuff !!

79*

Humidity 77%

a little

The data is really showing a pattern that classic for derecho type set ups in early to mid july reather they are correct with this pattern remains to be seen.nj got absolutely hammered with lot's of damage reports so storms have been happening just not in our reagion locally where a hole seems to have bubbled on us keeping storms away for whatever reason.

The total corrected rain total for us in west Ft. Worth is 4:15"

That makes more sense.

Still that weird lightshow is one for the books.

The annual cicadas have started singing in-earnest here. Went for a run this evening and could hear them through my earbuds.

So far, I'm only hearing the scissor-grinders. Haven't heard any swamp cicadas yet.

Ran a 10K this afternoon and barely broke a sweat. Feels amazing out there. Not even a hint of humidity.

Currently 88/52 with a nice NW breeze.

If I tried a 10K they'd have to haul my arse to the ER. Lol. Wasn't always like that. Used to teach 4 classes of Tae Kwan Do weekly after working 8-10 hrs at my chemical plant. Wow, life was different.

Our humidity dropped after the remarkable storm Friday. How odd to get over 4" of rain in late June.

What's going on guys ?

• Like 1

High of 97 today.

Currently 93, 51% humidity, feels like 101.

High of 98 this week, lows 77-78. Humidity 50%

Dew point 72*

It's summer. :/

Perfect day, 80/50 this afternoon. Tomorrow looks like the last nice day in this stretch, with the heat returning Thursday.

Last evening we had a small group of storms form in North Texas. One became especially ugly with high winds, hail and such. It struck near DFW airport. It also lowered our temps which was very nice.

We're back to the heat for the rest of the week. >_

BWI dropped to 51*F this morning, breaking its record low for the day (53*F set in 1970). Legit.

Hit 52.7*F here this morning.

September like temps in Midwest. I might add that Texas has had a surprising amount of rain this summer.

Not typical to have so much cloud cover this time of year. Looks more like early June in Texas.

Say, how'bout sharing some of that !

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/midwestern-northeastern-us-to-feel-more-like-september-from-sunday-to-tuesday/70002016

The weather on July 4, 1776

Your weatherman : Thomas Jefferson

https://www.accuweather.com/en/videos/indepedence-day-fun-facts/y3dmxyyje6tvktmtnwvxxml5gkcevmzn

Another week, another cold front.

Woke to thunder and lightning this morning.

Received 1.5" of rain.

High today of 88*. ( what month is it? )

Will someone PLEASE explain this summer ??

Legit storm today. Anemometer is surrounded by large trees and still recorded 44mph. Received about 0.4" in 10 minutes.

All of this may be normal for the NE, but why is Texas so wet ?

Our rain usually is over by June 5 or so.

All of this may be normal for the NE, but why is Texas so wet ?

Our rain usually is over by June 5 or so.

Amplified AAM cycle and EPAC subsidence aiding the equatorward wavetrain. In other words, meridional circulation allows fronts to track farther south vs climatology.

• Like 1

Another afternoon downpour today. Dropped us from around 93*F to 77*F, dropping ~ 0.10" within 5mins.

Muggy, but still refreshing. Currently 77/74.

Amplified AAM cycle and EPAC subsidence aiding the equatorward wavetrain. In other words, meridional circulation allows fronts to track farther south vs climatology.

Just a question. This is similar to what happened in mid-2008, right?

Hope you're finding ways to keep cool over there. You all have been much warmer than even I have. Been pretty blessed here with temps below average for 2 consecutive months finally and no drought to speak of. My kind of summer.

You all have been much warmer than even I have. Been pretty blessed here with temps below average for 2 consecutive months finally and no drought to speak of. My kind of summer.

It's been an odd summer OKwx2k4.  I spent the 4th on the Red River with dew points in the high 70's and temps in the high 90's. 

(easier to swim through the air than walk)

I received 2 1/2" of rain this week. 

Temps on their way up now.

We'll see high 90's with dewpoints at 75-76%...real feel is like 104*+

I think we're on our way now to a normal summer.

The humidity has almost killed us all.

Some areas in Texas tonight have received and inch in a short period of time. I got the thunder.

These storms are almost stationery and just dumping their rain.

The radar would have you think this was a late September October type system then a july one not often you see over running rain shield in july and Augest unless it's a tropical system.also evenly unusual to be sock in low clouds in july as well.odd movement today to cells moving nw southeast west to east east to west about every movement possable.

Tornado warned cell to the SW. Lots of moisture loading with dewpoints in the middle 70s, so they could be gutter gushers if lapse rates are sufficient for updraft maintenance as they approach.

We had a sultry 94* today

Humidity 55%

Low will be 76*

Summer may be finally making its appearance.

So, how was Europe?