East/Gulf Coast Weather 2017

Phil

man that was some close lighting strikes you were getting there yesterday sounded like it had to of been flash bang flash bang lighting thunder slimutarliy.that was sort of how it was here from 3:50 to 4:30 today little rain but lighting thunder like crazy I'm sure right in the middle of the cell it was pouring but in these cases it very local like up the street different type of deal.I would guess those fire sirens were from that lighting strike that hit that streetlight.

Yeah, apparently there were a few fires that resulted. I guess it was a good lightning storm by the pathetic standards of the last several years, but it was pretty run-of-the-mill from a longer term perspective.

We've had much nastier lightning storms in the recent past. The ones back in the 2007-2012 period were insane and made this one look like a nothingburger by comparison. The one in July of 2008 was something out of this world.

Yeah, apparently there were a few fires that resulted. I guess it was a good lightning storm by the pathetic standards of the last several years, but it was pretty run-of-the-mill from a longer term perspective.

We've had much nastier lightning storms in the recent past. The ones back in the 2007-2012 period were insane and made this one look like a nothingburger by comparison. The one in July of 2008 was something out of this world.

yeah that just shows how lame it's been the last few years.

Saturday could be a legit severe weather day.

So instead of the lightning bolts of the gods, and crashing thunder, you'll actually get some rain ?

Actually, I was enjoying the floor show!

We're still desperately dull, blistering hot, followed by a series of re-runs :/

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

So instead of the lightning bolts of the gods, and crashing thunder, you'll actually get some rain ?

Actually, I was enjoying the floor show!

We're still desperately dull, blistering hot, followed by a series of re-runs :/

Some rain would be nice. We really do need it.

DCA failed to drop below 80*F last night.

Soared back above 90*F by 920AM. Gonna be a hot one.

Debris clouds from decaying Midwest storms have kept us cooler today so far. Still only 94/72 as of 1pm.

Some thunderstorms are popping up to the west. Maybe we can get some action here later in the evening.

it likey will as Tommore I go to Myrtle Beach for a week so it will likey storm like a mad house here

I hope you're right. ;)

I leave Sunday so I'm betting that'll be a major day too.

you know it's bad when our over night lows are the normal highs for the summer.

We experience that in hot late springs. And even some early summers.

It's a miserable weather pattern. Hope it moves on soon. I've been in D.C. In the summer and couldn't leave fast enough.

Not much weather in the US to mention, indeed, if you look at the radar of North, Central, and South America, it has precious few storms. Summer doldrums for certain.

No worries.....Fall's around the corner.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Monster storm today. Winds probably 60+..one of our pines is leaning precariously to the SE now.

That has to leave you folks feeling like you're in a sauna.  better to be hot and dry.

Which by the way.....

We're at 91* at 10pm with a feels like at 97*.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Humidity 46%

Dewpoint 67*

Tomorrow's back to 100* <_>

Today's high was 95 degrees with a dewpoint of 75.

Flying to Seattle tomorrow. Can't wait to escape this swamp climate.

Sept./Oct.-Nov. Long range.

Looks like Texas gets the prize....more rain. If true, it'll be one very wet year.

IMG_2633.GIF

IMG_2634.GIF

And a year ( whatever that's worth)

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/long_range/two_class.php

We received a 1/2" of rain last night after midnight.  Lots of thunder and lightning.

High of 95 today, then back to 100*+ for a week.  oh well...... :mellow:

I'm in the Seattle area and man, this place has amazing summer weather. Not even a hint of heat, humidity, or towering cumulus clouds that spit out lightning at the most inopportune moments.

Yeah, but you'd be lost if you lived in paradise.

Clouds spitting lightning and crashing thunder are your passion. Snow and thunder snow get you all tingly.

Perfection is boring. Come back to the dark side Phil. Insane weather is your Father!

• Like 1

Yeah, but you'd be lost if you lived in paradise.

Clouds spitting lightning and crashing thunder are your passion. Snow and thunder snow get you all tingly.

Perfection is boring. Come back to the dark side Phil. Insane weather is your Father!

Haha, I'll be back in the swamp soon enough.

• Like 1

Don the forget your waterwings. The humidity will be thick ! :lol:

102*. At 5pm

Humidity 36%. Pretty dry for us, but hot is hot, that is, unless you're in Maryland...then 102 is a clambake!

105 freakin' Texas degrees.

The good news is 35% himidity.......but it ain't a nice dry heat. It's just hot.

Tuesday/Wed should bring us a 1/2" of rain and 89* for two days. Oh Baby!

102* today, low of 80 tonight.

Heat index ~110* humidity avg is 50%

Looking forward to Wednesday and 86*.

Rain total estimates are going up.

They're expecting .60-.75" of rain.

Odd summer. This is Texas, right ?

Total annual rainfall to date 22.62". With 5 months to go and a wet fall winter forecast by NOAA, we will exceed our average 32" of rain.

Wow, 91*

Humidity 39%. ....feels like spring.

Next 8 days were looking at 90-92* with a 50 to 60% chance of rain.

Just more crazy summer for us !

The best summers in the nation. June to September are amazing.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Now I'm down in Tampa, though. Walked out of the terminal and the humidity hit me like a brick wall.

Still in Dallas. Only 90º today.

Totally weird day today. Felt like spring rain and cool front. Cloudy, breezy. Not hot. Nice by our standards.

We'll have a week of 88 to 90 with a 60% chance of rain. Pretty good. This is August, right ??

Well, just don't know where I live.

It's 75* cloudy and a high of 92* partly cloudy to cloudy. The air doesn't feel like Texas in August.

Sunday night through Tuesday we're forecast for 2" of rain and high 80's.

I'm not complaining...I just don't understand the loopy summer.

If the long term is right, we'll have rain through the winter. Lol

Monday and Tuesday will bring back heavy rain, accumulations of nearly 2", from a northern front.

Then 30% chance of rain there after a few days. Temps in the high 80's then low 90's next 10 days.

Crazy, just crazy. August in Texas. :lol:

• Like 1

Monday and Tuesday will bring back heavy rain, accumulations of nearly 2", from a northern front.

Then 30% chance of rain there after a few days. Temps in the high 80's then low 90's next 10 days.

Crazy, just crazy. August in Texas. :lol:

Supposed to be the (normal) hottest week of my year up here in the Ozarks and summer for the most part to me seems like it's over. Been a strange year. Only 14 days over 90º total and no more in sight. Going to be a long and beautiful fall for me.

• Like 2

The updated forcast for North Texas is now 3" of rain Tues and Wed ...with 30% chance Mon, Thurs, Fri.

Ok, who's in charge here !? It's freakin' August 5th and we have 3" of rain on the way.

Somebody, anybody, tell me in plain English wtf is going on ? !

Heat index in No. Texas will be 108* this afternoon. High of 100*.

Then:
Rain moving in late Sunday
Heavy rain here moved to Mon-Tues highs I the high 80's
Temps rebound into the low 90's.

If you're under the storms you could experience 50-60 mph and nickel sized hail.

It's Fall essentially.

Update:

4pm

102*  heat index 112*

Humidity 37%

Dewpoint 70

Tonight thunderstorms with local flooding

Supposed to be the (normal) hottest week of my year up here in the Ozarks and summer for the most part to me seems like it's over. Been a strange year. Only 14 days over 90º total and no more in sight. Going to be a long and beautiful fall for me.

I'm hoping that North Texas will share in that forecast.

We're both experiencing a very odd summer.... Although as I write it's 102* (H Index is 112*) lol

Well, temps just dropped almost 30* with 50mph winds and heavy rain. 

Yeah, it's still Texas. 

9:30 pm

We received 2.25 in the first round of storms.

However, it was raining sideways so, I think it was a good deal more.

Heavy sheets and high winds for at least 2 hrs.  Amazing deluge for anytime of year, much less August.

More thunder to the north and another round on the way.   :lol:

Florida storms are so different than DC storms. They're much more visually appealing, but move at a snails pace and dump a crapload of rain. The storms back home are much less generous in terms of rainfall, but are much windier.