January 24th/25th Possible Winter Storm Probable Nebraska Screwjob

clintbeed1993

It continues to be pound town halfway between Sioux Falls and Sioux City.  8-10 inches has already fallen in that band and the snow should continue for another 18 hours.

• Like 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

I was thinking this band that is forming was going to be more impressive. If this is it until early tomorrow morning we are screwed.

Yeah basically it's going to give us a dusting of sleet and snow... so much for 1" to 1.5" inches of snow with this evening's band, I have a sneaky feeling that tomorrow morning will give us more of the same... hopefully I am wrong. 

• Like 1

Ha, a complete bust here! Reminds me of what Jim flowers always said in his videos, the Barb rule. Whatever the models are showing at 72 hours is what will happen. The models threw us a curve ball at 24 hours making us think this storm would be more than what it was....the barb rule was in full affect! Nothing but fog here, not expecting much of anything for snow. 

• Like 1

Yeah basically it's going to give us a dusting of sleet and snow... so much for 1" to 1.5" inches of snow with this evening's band, I have a sneaky feeling that tomorrow morning will give us more of the same... hopefully I am wrong.

I hear ya! Flowers still thinks 2" maybe 2.5" in the morning, but that seems a little bold in Omaha proper. Maybe in far northern Douglas county.

Coming down pretty good in Southwest Omaha

Decent little burst of moderate snow after it finally switched over from sleet and graupel, however the back end is quickly approaching to shut off our little taste of wintry fun for the evening. Jim Flowers is optimistic that tomorrow morning will deliver a solid 2-2.5 inches of snow to the metro... everything that I have seen shows about 1 inch maybe slightly more... hopefully Jim is right on this one.  

Both the GFS and Canadian give DSM area 3-4.5" for tomorrow. That's the most they have given us all week long. I think it'll happen. Omaha and Des Moines and cedar rapids area, still possible to get something halfway decent out of this on Wednesday. Heard reports already of thundersnow north and west of Des Moines in Polk city, Ankeny and Adair, Iowa. Numerous reports on Politibook...Aka Facebook

Both the GFS and Canadian give DSM area 3-4.5" for tomorrow. That's the most they have given us all week long. I think it'll happen. Omaha and Des Moines and cedar rapids area, still possible to get something halfway decent out of this on Wednesday. Heard reports already of thundersnow north and west of Des Moines in Polk city, Ankeny and Adair, Iowa. Numerous reports on Politibook...Aka Facebook

Healthy looking band should move thru tomorrow afternoon. At this point, I'm expecting 1-2" from it.

• Like 1

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")