Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Update: The Search for Massive Planet 9

• Please log in to reply

Andie

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:28 AM

Andie

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in North Texas
— Search Ongoing for 9th Planet, So Massive
It Tilts Solar System 6 Degrees.
“My first guess is that it'll be kind of like Neptune,
but I don't know what it's going to look like.”
- Michael Brown, Ph.D., Prof. of Planetary Astronomy, Caltech

Below -
Our sun is the yellow sphere. Planet orbits are depicted as
gravitationally interacting rings where Orbit 9 depicts the great elliptical
path of what the astronomers think is a gaseous 9th planet in the Oort cloud
that is 10-20 times the mass of our Earth. Why such a huge planet would have such
an elliptical orbit is still unknown. Speculation is that a passing star at
the time the solar system formed might have pulled Planet 9 into the
strange orbit. Graphic by Michael Brown & Konstantin Batygin 2016.

Attached File  IMG_2312.JPG   27.24KB   0 downloads

I'll have more Friday.
  • Black Hole likes this

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

Andie

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:03 PM

Andie

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in North Texas
Audio Interview with Michael Brown, PhD, astronomer studying Planet 9

https://www.earthfil...ategory=Science

January 27, 2017 Pasadena, California - One year ago on January 29, 2016, I reported at my news website, Earthfiles.com, and my Coast to Coast AM radio broadcast, about a newly discovered ninth planet at the edges of our solar system. Michael Brown, Ph.D., Professor of Planetary Astronomy at Caltech in Pasadena, reported that a huge object ten to twenty times the mass of Earth was moving in a big looping orbit far beyond Pluto in the region between the Kuiper Belt and the Oort Cloud. Prof. Brown simply calls it “Planet 9.” The discovery has been like chasing a ghost. Whatever is out there, its mass is so great that its gravitational field pushes half a dozen other Kuiper Belt objects to cluster together on the opposite side of Planet 9's huge looping orbit.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.