Oklahoma In Earthquake Swarm

From February 13 to 20, 2014, the Oklahoma Geological Survey recorded 211 earthquakes in central Oklahoma in the Oklahoma City region.

Thursday, February 13, 2014 – 17

Friday, February 14, 2014 – 16

Saturday, February 15, 2014 – 28

Sunday, February 16, 2014 – 12

Monday, February 17, 2014 – 54

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 – 40

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 – 21

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 23

The swarm continues with no real explanation. Some believe it due to fracking, however this part of Oklahoma has had wells pumping for over a century. Many of the residents are hearing very loud booms with these which geologists are saying are the P waves when they reach the surface. But others are not so sure.

I had family in the area these have been happing and they lived there over 100 yrs. till the oldest finally passed away and they never spoke of quakes or booms. Some are speculating this may be somehow connected to the New Madrid system. So far there are nothing but questions and no answers and the quakes continue. There were 3 today.

Seismic stations have been put out throughout the area.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

As of today the central Oklahoma quake count is up to 400. Some of these are accompanied by loud booms.

These are also being experienced from the se coast to Oklahoma. Things are moving/ changing, but the jury is still out as to the cause.

– “I want you to understand that we hear and feel these quakes

almost every day, a lot more than the local news reports. ...We hear

booms all the time and the 4.4 or 4.1 magnitude in the Guthrie/Langston

area, on February 8, 2014, flickered the lights, sounded like a big explosion

on our roof and knocked clocks, and other items off the wall and window sills.”

- Resident of Guthrie, Logan County, Okla., February 21, 2014

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

• 4 weeks later...

This thing is just like the gift that keeps on giving. Swarm won't cal, down and this is quite unusual for Oklahoma.

It's centered right where my family had a farm and 80 acres of oil wells. But no quakes were reported for like those 50 yrs. many questions, few answers and no one knows if it is leading up to a large quake.

Okla. had a 7.0 referred to as the Meers quake 1,300 yrs ago so while rare, it happens.

Updated More Than 400 Quakes in Central Oklahoma

Since Feb. 13, Plus Loud Booms Shaking Houses

– “I want you to understand that we hear and feel these quakes

almost every day, a lot more than the local news reports. ...We hear

booms all the time and the 4.4 or 4.1 magnitude in the Guthrie/Langston

area, on February 8, 2014, flickered the lights, sounded like a big explosion

on our roof and knocked clocks, and other items off the wall and window sills.”

- Resident of Guthrie, Logan County, Okla., February 21, 2014

The reports included booms and earthquake activity. The Oklahoma Geological Survey by chance that Friday was installing a seismic station in Logan County as the number of earthquakes began to increase. The shaking continued throughout the weekend culminating in the largest earthquake of a magnitude 3.8 just south of Guthrie near Liberty Lake. There were more than 100 earthquakes over 24 hours (Feb. 16-17), many of them very small, but a significant and rapid burst of seismic activity. The quakes have continued through February with more than 400 recorded on seismometers so far.

YET, THE IRONY IS YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN IT CAN GO FROM A SWARM TO A 7 OR ABOVE MAGNITUDE.

That's correct.”

........Austin Holland, M. S., Seismologist, Oklahoma Geological Survey, Norman, Oklahoma