3/10 - 3/11 Possible Snowstorm

Tom

The last snowstorm taught us that NAM is not necessarily the most trustworthy model at times in terms of amounts or track, ESPECIALLY track. Had Northeast Nebraska getting next to nothing until about 24 hours before it started, and they got slammed. So yeah, it probably needs a bit of time to update. Still not encouraged that we'll get much. Maybe a whopping inch on grass.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Looking at the Lincoln forecast, OAX seems to be buying into the more vigorous models, giving us snow much of Friday night and up until 2pm on Saturday. I can only hope at this point  :rolleyes:

Going to be a hard forecast.  How did the Euro look?

Going to be a hard forecast.  How did the Euro look?

2" Between OMA and LNK, 4" in Northeast NE. For Iowa, shows 3" amounts in a diagonal, thin line from NW to SE Iowa. Overall unimpressive, but I'll take anything for our least snowfall record to not be shattered.

An interesting thing, it wallops much of Iowa with the early week storm system next week, giving some areas in North Central parts of the state 6-8" from that storm system. South Dakota too. Goose egg for here.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

With a little 20 mile nudge West LNK could look at advisory criteria. Not as good as warning criteria but I'll take anything with how pathetic this Winter has been. Another thing is that for most of us, the ratio should not outrageously large at all (at least not compared to our 12/3 snowfall, which was 6:1).

12z NAM showing similar placement compared to the GFS of the heaviest band.  Showing an intense 1-2"/hr weenie band near OMA.

10:1 ratios...

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/namconus/2017030912/namconus_asnow_ncus_19.png

Gabe back in the mix...and LNK posters...

Wow, really close call actually. Looked like LNK got smoked from instantweathermaps. Regardless that heavy snow band splits the city on the dot almost. I'm liking the chances down here, we had something similar a few years ago and got clocked in Lincoln. Hoping for the best, despite me being out of town this weekend XD

Gotta see how 12z Euro treats us. Then again, this wouldn't be the first time this Winter that Euro has completely screwed up (flashback to the great disappearing snowstorm of December 2016). OAX still not necessarily on board with higher totals, then again, can we blame them?