Days Per Year of 90°> Where You Live

Guest happ

94 today, the 18th day of 90 or above this season.  It was cloudy last night, so it only dropped to 55 last night, our second warmest low of the year. 

Thus far in July, our average high has been 92.9 (which considering our location and elevation is pretty impressive).   Our average low has been 47.2 (warmer nights the past week have brought this up).

The record warm average high for July is 91.2 (in 2007), so if it doesn't cool off, we're looking to break this record.

The hottest month ever here (cool nights bring our average temp down) was 70.8 in July 2013.   We're at 70.0 right now, so we're not that far off.

Eastern Colorado had a cool off, but it missed western Colorado.

If the 2nd half of the month isn't any cooler, several places in Western Colorado and Utah are looking to break the record for the hottest month on record.  

• Like 1

Today is #30. They just keep on coming.

You know you're in the dog days when the heat index starts approaching 100*F by 10AM.

That's horrible and reminds me of dew points in the Imperial Valley. 

My total so far is 26 days > 90F. I have barely escaped 90's w/ 3 days @ 89° over the past week . Whew ^_^  

• Like 1

That's horrible and reminds me of dew points in the Imperial Valley.

My total so far is 25 days > 90F. I have barely escaped 90's w/ 3 days @ 89° over the past week . Whew ^_^

Yeah, it was a nasty morning. I took a video (which I'll upload here shortly) of my drive to the jobsite, where I had to run my wipers on moderate just to clear the condensation that kept forming on the glass. Many of the cars around me were doing the same thing. :lol:

Luckily, convection capped us at ~ 91*F, and really cleared out the air this evening. Very tolerable 82/71 here currently.

Yeah, it was a nasty morning. I took a video (which I'll upload here shortly) of my drive to the jobsite, where I had to run my wipers on moderate just to clear the condensation that kept forming on the glass. Many of the cars around me were doing the same thing. :lol:

Luckily, convection capped us at ~ 91*F, and really cleared out the air this evening. Very tolerable 82/71 here currently.

It hit 90F here w/ 70° DP & heat index of 96°.

• Like 1

20 days for us.  Quite impressive for 6250 feet elevation.  Unfortunately, it has been the reverse that it needs to be.   It has been clear in the day, which makes it hot and then cloudy at night so the nights stay warm.

As of yesterday, our average high this July has been 93.0 and it was 94 today.

Considering our elevation, this is really hot for us.

http://images.summitpost.org/original/1003329.JPG

• Like 1

I like how Wunderground produces free charts of the personal station data through time.

Here's my backyard data since it started tracking back in December. My wind data is artificially slow, thanks to the large trees around here, but everything else is calibrated to the best of my ability.

Last winter's blowtorch stands out (lots of highs in the 50s), as does the excellent radiational cooling here at night (low temps track right on the dewpoint). That late-winter dry spell was also noteworthy.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/89878086-67B5-42DF-8BEC-BE65B00D8595_zpsoitsbfm5.jpg

#31, with no end in sight.

Sad part is the GFS has already busted low today. :lol:

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/86D05B73-85C6-40CB-8E37-1D033FBFFD6D_zpsgd14vk2j.png

#31, with no end in sight.

Sad part is the GFS has already busted low today. :lol:

That's brutal considering dew point temps. But minimums look nice late next week for DC. 

That's brutal considering dew point temps. But minimums look nice late next week for DC.

Yeah, if only it were real. The GFS has a prolific cold overnight bias around here. I doubt DCA drops below 80*F from Wednesday onward.

At least I leave Sunday. Won't be back until September, either, so the worst should be over by then.

Yeah, if only it were real. The GFS has a prolific warm overnight bias around here. I doubt DCA drops below 80*F from Wednesday onward.

At least I leave Sunday. Won't be back until September, either, so the worst should be over by then.

perhaps when you return maybe we will be tracking something of interest tropical wise in September

perhaps when you return maybe we will be tracking something of interest tropical wise in September

The middle of August is gonna go nuts with tropical activity given the MJO progression, and I'll be in coastal FL/GA from August 1st - 28th, so I like my chances this year.

High of 98.4*F, for #32. Tomorrow looks even hotter.

Just three days until I leave for the rest of summer, though. :)

DCA hit 90*F by 9AM, and hit 95*F by 12pm. Could hit 100*F today. F**k it, I don't care anymore.

Last July triple-digits occurred between 7/21 - 7/23. So far, this year only one 100F day [7/8/17].  

• Like 1

Today is #34...we're easily going to reach 50+ this year.

Currently 95/73, H/I 105, which is actually somewhat tolerable compared to yesterday. The bay breeze is approaching, though, so another humidity surge looks likely this evening.

Reached 95 degrees before a behemoth thunderstorm rolled through around 230pm. One of our pines is now leaning precariously to the SE. Winds probably 60+mph.

I'll be working on Vail Pass for the next three months.   It never hits 90 there.  In fact, it never hits 80.  70 would be considered to be very warm there.

Forecast:

http://f1.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.5305&lon=-106.2172#.WXpwA4TyvIU

It will probably start snowing on and off in a few weeks.   I'll post photos of the first snow.   

I'll be working on Vail Pass for the next three months.   It never hits 90 there.  In fact, it never hits 80.  70 would be considered to be very warm there.

Forecast:

http://f1.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.5305&lon=-106.2172#.WXpwA4TyvIU

It will probably start snowing on and off in a few weeks.   I'll post photos of the first snow.   

It is higher than 12,000'. The station may be the highest in the nation. B)   

It is higher than 12,000'. The station may be the highest in the nation. B)   

The current conditions come from Red Cliff Pass, which is above 12,000 feet, but if you are interested, there are higher stations.   

The highest WRCC station is White Mountain Peak at 14,252:

https://wrcc.dri.edu/weather/wmtn.html

Pikes Peak has a weather station at 14,115:

http://www.cograilway.com/weather.asp

Mount Evans has a station at 14,148, but I don't know where to get current conditions.  Weather.com gives current conditions, but I don't know if this is from the station on the summit.

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/Mt.+Evans+Wilderness+CO+COWAME:13:US

Niwot Ridge station is at 12,264:

http://culter.colorado.edu/exec/metpage/d1metpage.cgi

Chepeta Peak/Eccentric Benchmark in Utah used to have a weather station at 12,276, but I don't think it is operating anymore.   I have all the data on a spreadsheet at home, but I haven't been able to pull any more in the past few years so it might be defunct.  

• Like 1

It's amazing that northern Alaska has seen lows between 75 to 80.

Looking at the data, I don't think that they are legitimate.  The only place I can find with lows that high is Fort Yukon.  Fort Yukon supposedly had the following lows in July 1911:

7/3:  80

7/4:  81

7/5:  79

7/9:  80

Only 1911 had readings that high.  Other than another suspicious 74 on 7/16/1918, no other readings have been either close to that high.

None of the other stations in that area have recorded lows as high as 70 other than a suspicious 70 on 7/13/1908 at Circle. 

Home station reached #41 today. Looks like an extended period of troughing and comfortable weather back there for the next few weeks, though.

And of course, I'm roasting here in Sarasota, FL instead. With a heat index of 107*F, it's like I'm repeating July in DC. Huge shock to the system after spending a week in Hippa Island and Seattle.

Home station reached #41 today. Looks like an extended period of troughing and comfortable weather back there for the next few weeks, though.

And of course, I'm roasting here in Sarasota, FL instead. With a heat index of 107*F, it's like I'm repeating July in DC. Huge shock to the system after spending a week in Hippa Island and Seattle.

Florida during summer is lightning paradise but dew points are brutal. Even along the SoCal coastline dew point temps are in the 70's today. Even though air temp is also in the 70's; it is sticky.

Florida during summer is lightning paradise but dew points are brutal. Even along the SoCal coastline dew point temps are in the 70's today. Even though air temp is also in the 70's; it is sticky.

It was 92/78 today. Nothing I haven't experienced before, but it feels extra awful after a week in paradise.

Haven't seen any good lightning yet, either. Lots of puffy clouds and distant rumbles, though.