2/28-3/2 Potential Storm

Money

lol that last GFS image sums it all up enjoy N il. I'll turn back on my snow magnet next winter

Agreed, I've seen that particular image all too often. That dry slot out west will move over me, and those 14-16" totals will scoot due east to include the entire Chicago area. Just got that bad feeling. 

Very surprised to see how consistent the GFS has been on track as of late and continuing to show 12"+ totals for a large portion of the Plains/Midwest/GL.

150 hr, Chicago gets railed. totals around 14-16", but in honesty with the good ratios, I'd say up to 20". Slow claps for Chicago again.

Nebraska, I wouldn't pay attention to snowfall totals this far out.  Your area is near the highest snowfall totals so I wouldn't discount the chances of receiving a significant snowfall out of this.  Use the maps as guidance instead.  You won't know accurate predicted totals until you start seeing high rez models right before the event.

Story of the winter..what else is new? :(

It's only Tuesday night. Nothing is etched in stone yet!

The most important event looks to be on the weekend and not on Friday.

---

Lake enhancement doesn't look like a factor with an inversion below 850mb.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

It's only Tuesday night. Nothing is etched in stone yet!

The most important event looks to be on the weekend and not on Friday.

---

Lake enhancement doesn't look like a factor with an inversion below 850mb.

I know man, but you can't blame us folks over in Nebraska for being pessimistic.  That is just the kind of winter we have had out here.

I know man, but you can't blame us folks over in Nebraska for being pessimistic.  That is just the kind of winter we have had out here.

I think you're in a better position in the next week than you have been all winter so far. Southern stream is going to start playing a role.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

GFS/GGEM vs Euro...the battle continues...will this be another debacle on the Euro??? I'd be very impressed if the GFS wins this battle.

We're always talking about how the Euro tends to handle the non-clipper systems well...

...The Artist Formerly Known as RJSnowLover...

Euro did handle last week Thursday's dynamic system extremely well there.  This is more of an elongated wave rather than an intense storm.  Until I see more consistency in a southward trend I'll believe it when I see it.  My thoughts are were they have always been and a GFS solution fits the pattern.

Pretty abysmal.  The first couple waves are weak and hit or miss with any decent snow bands, then the wave with better strength and moisture is suppressed.  I suppose it would be fitting to end winter with another nickel/dimer.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"