Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Outdoor hallways vs indoor hallways for schools which do you prefer?

• Please log in to reply

WeatherArchive

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:50 AM

WeatherArchive

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Edit: I thought this was the Off Topic/Everything Else section. Whoops!  I'm truly sorry about that. :o  :(

Which have you seen and which do you prefer and where was it?  I've been to schools when I was a kid both in Oregon and Northern Cali and even in the mountains of Northern Cali at least where I was every school the hallways were exposed to the elements though they were covered against the rain or snow but never have I seen a school completely enclosed.   The doors to the classrooms all opened to the elements so in the winter when a student or teacher opens them BURRRRRRRRR!

The only indoor areas were the offices and cafeteria/MP room. 

Now in Oregon I can't find a single outdoor hallway school they are all the indoor hallways though around here you go in and out of various buildings so I guess you get SOME outdoor exposure not including mods.   I assumed in Central Oregon schools would again have the outdoor hallways using the (California model design) due to the dry climate with very little rain/snow but when I have gone over on vacation and drove by I was wrong and shocked to see the same enclosed schools.

BTW: Did your school have mods used as classrooms where you had to go outside to get to them? Mods were fun actually.