Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

"Indoor Dust & Dander" in Bangkok

dust dander bangkok extreme indoor accuweather forecast

• Please log in to reply

Snerj

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:59 PM

Snerj

Forum Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Howdy,

I'm an American living in Bangkok, Thailand. Recently I had a bad allergic reaction to something in my apartment. Long story, but it seems dust mites in my mattress were the biggest culprit (have since replaced mattress).

Anyway, before I figured this out, one day I searched "Bangkok pollen count" to see if maybe there was some vegetation that might be causing the problem this time of year. What came up, however, was a warning of "extreme indoor dust and dander levels."

Question
While that made sense, I was curious how accuweather.com could predict *indoor* conditions based on the weather outside. I emailed them, but they only replied,

"The Indexes section of AccuWeather.com is third-party generated. We do not predict this information ourselves. The third party company takes our data and analyses the temperatures, pressure, humidity, etc. to determine the Dust/Dander forecasts."

In other words, a non-answer. I then asked, "Then who's the third party?," but they never replied.

So, does anyone know the answer to the above Question?

BTW, it is currently the "rainy season" here in Thailand. This region has basically 4 seasons: 1) Rainy (approx. Jun–Oct), 2) "Cool" (Nov–Jan), and 3) Hot (Feb–May)
Now in the rainy season, rain is sporadic (common to rain a bit in afternoon, some days no rain, occasional downpour). It's warm (80°–90°F) and humid.

Thanks.Attached File  indoor dust and dander.png   114.9KB   0 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dust, dander, bangkok, extreme, indoor, accuweather, forecast