October 2017 PNW Discussion Thread

stuffradio

That wasn't trolling. It was spoofing your trolling of Jim.  ^_^

Spoofing me trolling is sort of trolling itself.    Its what we do best here!

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I'm going to predict a small shift towards the GFS solution.

Possibly.   Usually when I think I have things figured out... I get completely burned.   :lol:

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I am not talking about you, I am talking about me.

We all wait to see if you get burned.

Good news for you... 96 hours is looking farther to the SW with trough.

Looks like a fantastic week of leaf turning weather is in store.  Already down to 45 here tonight.  Kind of interesting the 0z ensemble is much flatter with the warming 850s this week.  Also another cool shot showing up in the mean after the one this coming weekend.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Weenie justice is being served!!!

Sort of... quicker to return to ridging too.  

Next Sunday looks much more ridgy now.

ecmwf_z500_mslp_namer_8.png

For comparison... here was next Sunday on the 00Z ECMWF last night.   

ecmwf_z500_mslp_namer_9.png

Speeding up... and deeper at 120 hours.

All about how that cutoff low drifts around. Probably why the models have been having such fits. The farther southwest it retrogrades, not interfering with the northern jet, the farther SW the trough seems to dig out of Canada and over us.

All about how that cutoff low drifts around. Probably why the models have been having such fits. The farther southwest it retrogrades, not interfering with the northern jet, the farther SW the trough seems to dig out of Canada and over us.

Yep.

Or visa versa, it cuts southwest because it's more separated from the northern jet. And it's more separated from the jet when the subtropical East-Pacific ridge is weaker.

• Like 1

ECMWF is certainly not a cool run... most of the days are at or above normal at the 850mb level.    WeatherBell maps show virtually no precip for the next 10 days.

Massive differences all over the place. What a terrible model.

Its certainly leads the way over the other models most of the time... the best we got!  

Looks like a good amount of energy at Day 10.

It's going to be a long nine months.

Weak attempt at trolling.

Day 10 and nice-looking storm at that.     :rolleyes:

Even 2 dry days a week for the next few months keeps me happy.   I expect precip almost all of November and December.   It does not get long until late March and April.   And May many times.

Glad you took that one in stride. And yeah like I said it's a really common mistake. Latin IS a dead tongue I suppose.

Yeah, there's no way I was Flatironing my way out of that.

• Like 1

Weak attempt at trolling.

Day 10 and nice-looking storm at that.     :rolleyes:

Even 2 dry days a week for the next few months keeps me happy.   I expect precip almost all of November and December.   It does not get long until late March and April.   And May many times.

Yes, I'm sure North Bend is going to be so dry the next nine months  :lol:

The plants and lawns and mosses are all going to be dying.  I have a coworker from near there and he said  that it's so brown that he couldn't tell the grass from the bark and that the water restrictions are causing everybody to have to take baths in Snoqualmie Falls!!  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 2

Yes, I'm sure North Bend is going to be so dry the next nine months  :lol:

The plants and lawns and mosses are all going to be dying.  I have a coworker from near there and he said  that it's so brown that he couldn't tell the grass from the bark and that the water restrictions are causing everybody to have to take baths in Snoqualmie Falls!!  :lol:  :lol:

Okie dokie.   

From Wunderground:

A phenomenal 64.58” of rain observed at the Texas town of Nederland during Hurricane Harvey is the new rainfall recordduring a tropical cyclone at any U.S. location, according to new data released Wednesday by the National Weather Service. The 64.58” beats out the 52” recorded at a ranger station on Kauai, Hawaii, during Tropical Cyclone Hiki in August 1950.

• Like 4

From Wunderground:

A phenomenal 64.58” of rain observed at the Texas town of Nederland during Hurricane Harvey is the new rainfall recordduring a tropical cyclone at any U.S. location, according to new data released Wednesday by the National Weather Service. The 64.58” beats out the 52” recorded at a ranger station on Kauai, Hawaii, during Tropical Cyclone Hiki in August 1950.

That's unfathomable.

Imagine if it was snow!

Not going to get to worried about some ridging in early October. ,

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Not going to get to worried about some ridging in early October. ,

Thats the spirit! 

It is pretty miserable to have some sunny days and chilly nights as the leaves are changing and the scenery is beautiful.  You can make it through this hellish period though with a good attitude.   

Thats the spirit! 

It is pretty miserable to have some sunny days and chilly nights as the leaves are changing and the scenery is beautiful.  You can make it through this hellish period though with a good attitude.   

I still have some things to do in the yard, so mild weather would be appreciated :). I think we'll do fine this winter

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.