Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Calif. Quake Swarm - Spectacular Russian Volcanic Eruption.

• Please log in to reply

Andie

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:58 PM

Andie

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2465 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas
Series of quakes in and near Julian, Calif. I had read also that they could have had as many as 40 small quakes.
http://www.sandiegou...1206-story.html
Add the current Santa Ana winds and fires and Southern California is almost apocalyptic.

The the ring of Fire produces a spectacular volcanic eruption, blasting material 6 miles into the atmosphere.
https://www.express....ria-latest-news

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

WeatherArchive

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:43 AM

WeatherArchive

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationStayton

Ignore the volcano link about Russia. Fake news causing fear mongering straight from Express UK!  OH BOY!  It's just a regular volcano somewhere in the article it states (last erupted in Feb 2016). Big deal.  :P  

The real bad news would be if these volcano eruptions causes a chain reaction making it if either Krakatoa went off or El Hierro did. Kratatoa caused the year without a summer in the late 1800s 

Look up the documentary about El Hierro it would NOT be pretty especially for the east coast of the USA where scientists predict at best a (modest) 1400 foot tsunami.

This is not the documentary I found once but it will do.

The one I found was done by an independent group which I found a week ago.  Now all I get are just clips from various stuff when I type in El Hierro.  The independent one didn't have fear mongering and just explained the facts and a lot of people loved it because of that.  I gave it a thumbs up but maybe that broke it?

I am not sure why so many independent stuff gets blocked or vanished on YouTube making it next to impossible to find.  If you have an independent film on there chances are your being blocked and don't even realize it hence little traffic/little return in investment.etc

Andie

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:09 PM

Andie

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2465 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

I'd pay more attention to the West Coast right now all the way down into Central America.

The California swarms are interesting.  We'll see if they lead to anything more substantial, however with all the fires in Southern Calif. I'm sure quakes would just about finish the place for awhile. 

So much rebuilding to do.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.