2018 California/Southwest Weather Thread

Looks like most of the activity will be to the north of us again.

Fog burned off rather quickly this morning. Offshore flow was not able to reach the coast.

Lots of moisture for all of the state if this verifies:

@busterballs2000

post-226-0-15483900-1522433006_thumb.png

March 2018 [24 yr data]

Average Max: 69.4 / Norm: 73

Average Min: 52.1 / Norm: 53

Mean: 60.7

Hi/LoMax: 84/ 56

Hi/LoMin: 58/44

HDD: 141

CDD: 14

Rain: 3.97

Year [jul-jun]: 6.58 

Days: 10

No complains and a little surprised it hit 80F again w/ all the clouds. Have been keeping the bedroom window open at night. Mockingbirds bother some but I love their endless songs.

• Like 1

One year there was a mockingbird in a tree next to my driveway and it would sing all night and keep me awake. One night I got so mad I threw my Spanish book at the tree. I had nothing else to throw at that time. The book got stuck in the tree. The mockingbird did leave and not just for one night.

Then there's always the mockingbird scene from Failure to Launch.

• Like 2

How is Sierra snow looking with this pattern?

This is basically hype from a local TV met who should know better but desire is stronger than reason when it comes to rain in S.California

This is basically hype from a local TV met who should know better but desire is stronger than reason when it comes to rain in S.California

Sure, but it still looks likely that an AR will affect some part of CA late this week.

Today's max/ min are the exact 24-year monthly average for April at my location. The mere 1 degree difference between average March and April monthly temps illustrates the very slow warming during Spring along the West Coast.

74/ 54

Trees in my front yard are extremely slow to get leaves this year after the abrupt transition to winter weather weather late February. It could be the slowest ever, and as you may remember, leaves were still falling late January. However, I'm not sure it's the latest ever, because it's been a while since we've had a cool March.

Now we're in a way too early gray/gloom pattern, so nothing has been quite right this past winter and spring.