2018 California/Southwest Weather Thread

Guest happ

Not hot to me. In-fact it is 5-10 degrees cooler than yesterday afternoon. Clouds are keeping temps in check. Dew points under 50 inland.

84F

Why is it that so many people love air temperatures below 70 F? OCTA bus is so freezing cold I had to put on my jacket as the A.C. is refrigerating away.

Miami Airport had their A.C set to 60 F last time I was there. Outside was 90 F. How is it that more than 50% of people find the indoor temperature pleasant for summer attire?

For people who don't feel cold in 60 F in summer clothes, 90 F must feel to them like 150 F would feel to me.

Why is it that so many people love air temperatures below 70 F? OCTA bus is so freezing cold I had to put on my jacket as the A.C. is refrigerating away.

Miami Airport had their A.C set to 60 F last time I was there. Outside was 90 F. How is it that more than 50% of people find the indoor temperature pleasant for summer attire?

For people who don't feel cold in 60 F in summer clothes, 90 F must feel to them like 150 F would feel to me.

After this cold Winter here, being outside all day in 80 degree temperatures this past weekend made me feel like death. I'm from Texas, I'm better than this.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Guest happ

After this cold Winter here, being outside all day in 80 degree temperatures this past weekend made me feel like death. I'm from Texas, I'm better than this.

You're a Californian first, right? 

I've always had this curiousity myself. However, I've worked in the temperature extremes of Oklahoma for 15+ years so I'm seldom comfortable at what people call "room temperature". By June I can hang out in 80° weather for hours and never break a sweat. In December-April, I'm good at 65° inside and can sleep at 60° in really cold seasons. Most folks nowadays never stay outside anymore long enough to properly develop heat or cold tolerance. In other words, we're mostly lazy. I'm backwards to everyone else in that way.

Guest happ

No fog this morning, just low clouds. May Gray looks to arrive in full force by Friday, much to the pleasure of many, who I think should move to San Francisco or Seattle.

Coastal low clouds are referred to as "high fog" in the Bay Area.

The coastal eddy is churning, but burn off was faster today. Hopefully the eddies of the upcoming gray/gloom season eventually pull up warmer water from the south to make the mornings warmer and the beaches suitable for swimming without a wet suit. Eddy winds tend to have the opposite effect of upwelling.