2018 California/Southwest Weather Thread

Guest happ

Strong onshore gradients into Mojave desert but calm here

LANCASTER SUNNY 89 41 18 SW26G36 29.87S
EDWARDS AFB MOSUNNY 94 37 13 SW21G26 29.83F
NEEDLES SUNNY 107 31 7 SW15G26 29.77F HX 100 

PASADENA N/A 79 59 50 CALM N/A 

Patchy drizzle in the forecast from NWS Los Angeles/Oxnard tonight. Seems unlikely as the marine layer cloud deck has remained rather thin the last few days south of Pt. Conception, despite the deep marine layer.

On the other hand, low clouds have entered Paso Robles from the Southwest rather than from the Monterey Bay. They could get some drizzle there.

Guest happ

Yay! The Sun is finally coming out!

•  

How close are you to the ocean? Maybe someday you will move inland a ways. Los Alamos or Los Olivos are probably sunnier. 

How close are you to the ocean? Maybe someday you will move inland a ways. Los Alamos or Los Olivos are probably sunnier. 

I prefer a Humid Continental and Humid Subtropical Climate. Semi-Arid continental climates is reasonable as well, I really hate Mediterranean climates. 

Guest happ

I prefer a Humid Continental and Humid Suproptical Climate. Semi-Arid continental climates is reasonable as well, I really hate Mediterranean climates. 

Agree it is just too dry for too long each year. Other than a rare thundershower we must wait another 4 months before north Pacific storms finally reach us in SoCal. Yesterday Houston rec'd up to 6 inches but had to cancel fireworks.

• Like 1

Guest happ

I prefer a Humid Continental and Humid Subtropical Climate. Semi-Arid continental climates is reasonable as well, I really hate Mediterranean climates. 

Another thought: I figured you want to live in the Pacific NW like so many down here. On Weather West, even the guys who live in the San Bernardino mts/ Sierra are planning to relocate up there or Montana.

Another thought: I figured you want to live in the Pacific NW like so many down here. On Weather West, even the guys who live in the San Bernardino mts/ Sierra are planning to relocate up there or Montana.

The Midwest and the Mid-Atlantic has the best climates in the Country. The South is great as well and the Intermountain is ok.

Examples:

Lancaster, PA Climate Chart.PNG

Eau Claire, WI Climate Chart.PNG

Lynchburg, VA Climate Chart.PNG

AthensGAclimate.PNG

Lincoln, NE Climate Chart.PNG

Grand Junction, CO Climate Chart.PNG

Austin, TX Climate.PNG

Kingman, AZ Climate Chart.PNG

Edited by Thunder98

Guest happ

I spent part of 5 yrs living in Great Lakes states [northern Indiana/ Michigan] way out in woodlands miles from anything, loving every second. Some of my best weather memories. Also in Philly and NYC; less snow but active weather non-stop. Humid/ convective [but less than WashingtonDC] followed by fronts ushering cooler spectacular blue skies. 

• Like 1

Looks like Burbank is going to make a good run at its all-time record high today as well.

The benchmark is 111.9F and the NWS is going with a forecast high of 113F. The 00z ECMWF shows an astounding 115F for today!  

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history