2018 California/Southwest Weather Thread

Average high of 94.1 for July edges out August 2012's 93.9 for hottest monthly maximum average ever.

Average low of 68.1 makes for an overall average of 81.1, which very narrowly edges out July 2006 for second hottest month ever.

July was one long heat wave, it seemed  :o

Aside from 3 days of average maximums [upper 80's] it has been 25 consecutive days of 90+ maximums.  Without looking up historic data, it seems like this stretch of hot weather is unusual.  On the other hand, July/ August/ September normally are between 87-89° so days in the 90's aren't out of the ordinary. 

95/ 72

He's probably just taking a break after Farmboy spewed ugly climate-change-denier rhetoric all over his nice CA subforum.

I can relate -- I also tend to stay away when politics overshadows serious weather discussion.

Right, it is abundantly clear that a significant number of posters on the Weather Forums share anti-science illusions about long-term climate. It's akin to being in a classroom of people who resent knowledge with inexplicable bias. I'm a weather groupie w/ no background in meteorology and frankly a bit lazy negotiating model updates/ numeric weather prediction. Dr. Swain's blog on California weather is a preferred site. I've participated on Weather Forums [and it's antecedent labels] for well over 10 years but life is too short to more than casually associate with agnostics in my opinion.