2018 California/Southwest Weather Thread

Moisture surge out of the Gulf of California
IMPERIAL AP FOG 79 77 94 SE7 29.76R VSB 3/4 
EL CENTRO NAS FOG 76 74 93 CALM 29.78R VSB 1/8 
YUMA AZ SUNNY 85 73 67 SE14 29.78R 
MEXICALI SUNNY 81 73 78 E3 29.79R

The low this morning was a early fall like 50F. Coolest minimum since August 8th.

Have to go back to April 20th since it was that cold here. The day earlier produced 49F minimum.  40's can show up again in late October/ early November. 

• Like 1

We are simply continuing what I feel has been one of the most boring years that I have ever seen in Socal. I am not talking just about this summer, rather, I am talking about the entire year since January 1.

A disappointing monsoon for California that followed a pathetic rain year  :(

90/ 67

SST are still high
S. MONICA BASIN 70
S PEDRO CHANNEL 72 
CAMP PENDLETON NS 74 
OCEANSIDE OFFSHR 74 
TORREY PINES OTR 73

Yet minimums along the immediate San Diego coastline were in the low 60's 

Sea surface temperatures are almost back to normal, and as a result the nights have been cooler.

SSTs are still above normal along the coast, but they have since cooled from the record-breaking levels from earlier this summer. The average SST for Torrey Pines this time of year I believe is somewhere in the upper 60's to very low 70's, so that reading isn't too far from the average, whereas it was near 80 degrees earlier in the summer.

SSTs are still above normal along the coast, but they have since cooled from the record-breaking levels from earlier this summer. The average SST for Torrey Pines this time of year I believe is somewhere in the upper 60's to very low 70's, so that reading isn't too far from the average, whereas it was near 80 degrees earlier in the summer.

With SST in the low 70's the minimums were 10 degrees cooler for most coastal stations in San Diego county this morning. It became overcast here late last night and the minimums were in the mid-upper 60's coast to valleys. Did it remain clear along the San Diego coast last night and then turn cloudy later this morning? 

85/ 66 

• Like 1

With SST in the low 70's the minimums were 10 degrees cooler for most coastal stations in San Diego county this morning. It became overcast here late last night and the minimums were in the mid-upper 60's coast to valleys. Did it remain clear along the San Diego coast last night and then turn cloudy later this morning? 

85/ 66 

I don't know whether it remained clear or that it was overcast last night along the San Diego coast. It was overcast last night here in Orange, but I can't remember if there were any breaks in the clouds or not.

I don't know whether it remained clear or that it was overcast last night along the San Diego coast. It was overcast last night here in Orange, but I can't remember if there were any breaks in the clouds or not.

For the past few months minimums right along the coastline have reflected ocean water temps. Yesterday's minimums in San Diego county suddenly dropped into the low 60's; this morning's lows were back in the mid/upper 60's for those coastal stations. Dew points in the 60's overnight. Wonder what occurred yesterday morning to produce such cool temps in that area considering SST.

S. MONICA BASIN 70 

S PEDRO CHANNEL 73 

CMP PENDLETON NS 73

OCEANSIDE OFFSHR 74 

TORREY PINES OTR 74 

IMPERIAL BEACH 69 

POINT LOMA SOUTH 70

85/ 65   

NWS_SD
"A tropical low will move northward along Mexico`s west 
coast and bring a lot of moisture into Arizona Wednesday and 
Thursday. It looks like our lower desert will get an impressive 
gulf surge of moisture early Thursday, but the moisture profile 
isn`t deep enough to forecast showers or thunderstorms, more 
likely just some desert low clouds."

"desert low clouds" have occurred several times w/ dewpoint temps in the 70's esp. Imperial valley. We may not get in on the rain but California can sure produce "low clouds"  :rolleyes: