February 24th-25th Plains/GL's Winter Storm

Tom

Nothing is set in stone so don't lose hope.  I have seen too many storms this year that looked like sure things hit someplace else.  Still a couple of days away.  I was supposed to be hit by the massive blizzard in January (1 day out) that was a dud here.  I assume nothing, hoping for the best and expecting less.  

• Like 1

its ugly for CR

We weren't ever really in the game with this one. As soon as it got within 6 days, models were consistently showing NW of here, which is more than typical of these sort of systems.

• Like 2

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

Lol i have no sympathy for anyone in Minnesota and South Dakota that posts here. You guys have already had a couple major snow storms, its time to spread the wealth further south. Im all for getting one last big one to get us to average winter amounts then have spring come rolling in.

• Like 1

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

Nothing is set in stone so don't lose hope.  I have seen too many storms this year that looked like sure things hit someplace else.  Still a couple of days away.  I was supposed to be hit by the massive blizzard in January (1 day out) that was a dud here.  I assume nothing, hoping for the best and expecting less.  

This one is going to be a hard cutter with nothing to stop it. Onto next week

Lol i have no sympathy for anyone in Minnesota and South Dakota that posts here. You guys have already had a couple major snow storms, its time to spread the wealth further south. Im all for getting one last big one to get us to average winter amounts then have spring come rolling in.

Give me a break. What do we need your sympathy for anyway?

• Like 6

NWS Hastings not thinking much snow for this system. 1-2 inches for my area. Euro had around 8”. I know they are usually conservative on amounts but that is more than a slight disparity.

They have .30-.40" of precip falling, mostly as frozen precip. I would think they change their tune come tomorrow. 

I’m more interested in the severe aspect down in Dixie and the southern OV than I am snowfall with this storm. In which case I hope this thing bombs out. Already have a 50-70kt LLJ over spreading a warm sector with southerly winds and about 1000-1500 J/kg SBCAPE. If we can destabilize more, we might see a decent event transpire. I mean, the shear is excellent with many areas at 300-400+ 0-1km SRH and a nice enlarged hodo aided by that LLJ.

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

I’m more interested in the severe aspect down in Dixie and the southern OV than I am snowfall with this storm. In which case I hope this thing bombs out. Already have a 50-70kt LLJ over spreading a warm sector with southerly winds and about 1000-1500 J/kg SBCAPE. If we can destabilize more, we might see a decent event transpire. I mean, the shear is excellent with many areas at 300-400+ 0-1km SRH and a nice enlarged hodo aided by that LLJ.

It appears this storm is going to take on a classic, mature winter storm look with a neg tilted trough and a trowal-like feature.  This will look very pretty on radar.