Feb 28th - March 2nd Storm System

Tom

Minnesota doesn't deserve anymore big systems the rest of the winter, they are as dirty as Norfolk Nebraska is with stealing all the good snow systems.  lol

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

Minnesota doesn't deserve anymore big systems the rest of the winter, they are as dirty as Norfolk Nebraska is with stealing all the good snow systems. lol

No kidding... I am sure the atmosphere will take it into account...

Still take it with a grain of salt range anyhow....

Minnesota doesn't deserve anymore big systems the rest of the winter, they are as dirty as Norfolk Nebraska is with stealing all the good snow systems.  lol

How did you get 55,000 followers on your Facebook page? LOL

• Like 2

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

And I kept it alive from 2012-2014. You’re welcome.

Lol thanks, eventually I will have a website again. 

the 0z EURO took a massive crap on the mid week system.

Craig, I would appreciate it exceedingly if you would be so kind as to refrain from using such vituperative language; as my delicate ears recoil from such vulgarities.

Thnxs in advance...

LOL. You've got to be joking. Have you met snowlover76 here?

LOL. You've got to be joking. Have you met snowlover76 here?

Craig, it is very important that we focus on your malfeasance.

This habit of yours; of shifting culpability in an effort to exculpate yourself needs to cease immediately; if not sooner.

From the tenor of your posts, I get the sense that you are; by your very nature, rebellious...someone who; Goddess forbid and shocking though it may be; might even disobey their girlfriend from time to time.

Craig, it is very important that we focus on your malfeasance.

This habit of yours; of shifting culpability in an effort to exculpate yourself needs to cease immediately; if not sooner.

From the tenor of your posts, I get the sense that you are; by your very nature, rebellious...someone who; Goddess forbid and shocking though it may be; might even disobey their girlfriend from time to time.

LOL.

• Like 1

00z EPS did shift south also and trended weaker as well as less snow showing up on this run.  Man, you can't get a better track for IA and the lower lakes posters to get a huge snow storm.  I did anticipate the models to shift the storm track farther south as they digest what will be a record -NAO block.  This storm is just running into too much warm air.  Things can change for those up farther north and west of here.

00z EPS did shift south also and trended weaker as well as less snow showing up on this run. Man, you can't get a better track for IA and the lower lakes posters to get a huge snow storm. I did anticipate the models to shift the storm track farther south as they digest what will be a record -NAO block. This storm is just running into too much warm air. Things can change for those up farther north and west of here.

No matter the track not gonna be an easy forecast. Screams pesky warm layers.

• Like 1

The model inconsistency appears to be all about the timing of the northern and southern waves.  Check out the 12z Saturday Euro vs the 00z Sunday Euro.  The 12z had the southern wave just out ahead of the northern wave, so it was able to go negative, phase, and wrap up into a very strong storm over Iowa.  The 00z, on the other hand, had the northern wave running well out ahead of the southern wave.  The GDPS and ICON models are doing the same thing this morning, speeding up the northern wave and slowing down the southern wave so they can't phase.

ecmwf_vort_500_conus_108.png

ecmwf_vort_500_conus_96.png

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

The model inconsistency appears to be all about the timing of the northern and southern waves.  Check out the 12z Saturday Euro vs the 00z Sunday Euro.  The 12z had the southern wave just out ahead of the northern wave, so it was able to go negative, phase, and wrap up into a very strong storm over Iowa.  The 00z, on the other hand, had the northern wave running well out ahead of the southern wave.  The ICON model is doing the same thing this morning, speeding up the northern wave and slowing down the southern wave so they can't phase.

attachicon.gifecmwf_vort_500_conus_108.png

attachicon.gifecmwf_vort_500_conus_96.png

Looks like 12z gem is similar to the Icon as well

• Like 1