East and Gulf Coast Weather 2018

Phil

High of 91*F today before convection started.

Now a humid 75/74 with thunder and mist following the early afternoon thunderstorm.

Tomorrow looks like a more active convection day than today. Not sure about severe stuff given the lackluster shear, but heavy rainers w/ lightning and a few isolated microbursts are within the realm of possibility.

IE: A typical summer pattern.

Honestly guys,....why is it so hot so very soon in Texas.

This is Late June temps

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Tomorrow looks like a more active convection day than today. Not sure about severe stuff given the lackluster shear, but heavy rainers w/ lightning and a few isolated microbursts are within the realm of possibility.

IE: A typical summer pattern.

missed the storms here one went north and the others went around us those we did get a nice none thunder down pour for a few moments.one of these classic case storms go up and collapse case day as nothing really to sustain them for to long.as you said Phil classic summer pattern.have to say for a spring coming off a weak La niña pattern the severe weather season for spring in most of the country was lame at best.those the biggest severe weather spring seasons has tended to come with years isolated with moderate to strong ninas spring 2011 and 74 and 1999 were all examples of huge tornado severe thunderstorm outbreaks in the mid west Ohio valley that came off of moderate or strong ninas.

Truly awful. Reports of 13” of rain in 3hrs, following a very wet week and month w/ (over 10” of rain had already fallen before today).

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeremyharristv/status/1000837414288420864

Truly awful. Reports of 13” of rain in 3hrs, following a very wet week and month w/ (over 10” of rain had already fallen before today).

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeremyharristv/status/1000837414288420864

That's truly tragic.

If you don't want to get angry, don't read the comments in that tweet. People are either agenda driven, stupid, selfish or just outright insensitive.

• Like 1

That's truly tragic.

If you don't want to get angry, don't read the comments in that tweet. People are either agenda driven, stupid, selfish or just outright insensitive.

Meh, people have a right to believe what they want. No point in getting angry over stuff you can’t control. ;)

Welcome back Fred.

Texas is just in this incredible squeeze of heat.

Blazing hot for late May, early June in Texas . Hope this isn't the trend, however....

Here ya go.

IMG_3136.GIF

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

84/74 and hazy this afternoon. Swampy by late May standards, but I’ll be craving “cool” days like this soon enough.

I hate summer. Need some severe weather ASAP to get me through the next 8 weeks. Then I’m heading out west for the dog days. :wub:

• Like 1

• Like 1

84/74 and hazy this afternoon. Swampy by late May standards, but I’ll be craving “cool” days like this soon enough.

I hate summer. Need some severe weather ASAP to get me through the next 8 weeks. Then I’m heading out west for the dog days. :wub:

Hate to say it to ya but take this central CONUS ridge up and drop it off in the PNW or the west on your way there if you don't mind buddy. :lol:

• Like 1

High of 93 coming, may break out my parka! Cool front baby!

• Like 1

One of the heaviest downpours I’ve ever seen today.

2.25” of rain in 15 minutes, 1.78” in 10 minutes, peak rain rate approaching a foot per hour.

45cs15e.jpg

• Like 1

Approaching 3” of rain on the day, and 8” of rain on the month.

Should be good in the drought department until at least the middle of July, but it only takes a few weeks under a death ridge to change the equation.

Thanks for posting that! It sadly, reaffirms what I have feared. This will be a hell of a summer for the southern plains.

I agree with the hurricane concerns as well. This is deadly heat and to hit in June is dificult to adjust to.

Keep us in your forecasts guys ! Thanks

IMG_3169.PNG

• Like 1

Not as bad as I thought it would be this afternoon. Afternoon temp/dew of 89/73 with a heat index hovering around 95*F, so pretty typical stuff.

FWIW, Sunday could see highs in the 60s with steady rain all day. Looking forward to it, since stratiform rains are rare here during the summer.

Not as bad as I thought it would be this afternoon. Afternoon temp/dew of 89/73 with a heat index hovering around 95*F, so pretty typical stuff.

FWIW, Sunday could see highs in the 60s with steady rain all day. Looking forward to it, since stratiform rains are rare here during the summer.

it also rare to have a set up in the summer months where we get a coaster low noreaster like system.the models are a bit in a disagreement those on the exact placement of the low if the low forms futher south the heavest rain especially Sunday maybe be in southern Maryland VA.if it a bit north Maryland pa may see the heaviest rains a bit of a challenge where the heaviest rains set up this weekend.

Another 3.03” of rain yesterday..2AM high of 72*F with temps falling into the mid-50s during the afternoon hours.

We’ve had close to 7” of rain over the past week, and close to a foot of rain over the last month. Would be more than enough to sustain the ecosystem through the months of June and July, should we enter into another drought pattern.

• Like 1

• Like 2

Strong downsloping winds this afternoon..5min sustained of 38mph, gusting to 44mph at peak.

Temps are nice though. Low humidity, highs around 80*F.

That is pretty amazing.

Baseball sized hail hit between Dal./Ft.Worth.

The storm bypassed me SWof Ft. Worth. I heard nothing and received no rain. It hit like a train.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/06/06/severe-storms-baseball-size-hail-hit-north-texas/

IMG_3206.JPG

• Like 2

That is pretty amazing.

Baseball sized hail hit between Dal./Ft.Worth.

The storm bypassed me SWof Ft. Worth. I heard nothing and received no rain. It hit like a train.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/06/06/severe-storms-baseball-size-hail-hit-north-texas/

IMG_3206.JPG

I knew there was an impressive storm down there the other day but wow! Hope it didn't tear anything up too badly for you.

Lol, I didn't even know about it till the news. It was about 25 miles east. We had several days of storms between Ft. worth and Dallas and DFw Airport got hit. One of those crazy fronts that hits, backs up and hits again.

My place received a sprinkle!

• Like 1

Yesterday was the nicest day of the year so far. Then the humidity arrived last night on stiff southerly breezes and today is unpleasant despite cloud cover.

Currently 84/73, heat index 90*F under thick overcast.

Tomorrow through Saturday looks nice, though. Cold front should cross the region overnight, with cool/dry northwesterly flow dominating over the subsequent few days.

Then things go to crap starting Sunday. Monday looks like mid/upper 90s w/ mid-70s dewpoints.

we knew it had to come at some point the good news so far at least the hot patterns arnt lasting long.

Back in Philadelphia from Seattle. Seems like the humidity has kicked it up a notch since last week.

I dont see anything amazing so far for this week, and the week after next I will be in Atlanta.

parts of pa had tornadic thunderstorms last night we got nothing here the engery of the system was in pa north as the line came into the less engery they pretty much fell a part.

Ugh..figures I have a retaining wall job on Monday.

Will probably be 99*F with a dewpoint of 80*F. :lol:

Enjoying today like there’s no tomorrow. Currently a beautiful, haze-free 86*F with a rock bottom dewpoint of 55*F and bright sunshine. Perfection. :wub:

And the Bay breeze is progressing slowly enough that it won’t get here until after 5pm. So the humidity spike won’t arrive until after peak heating.

Can’t do anything in this s**t. Can’t work. Can’t exercise. Stuck inside like a f**king hermit. F**k.