March 3th-7th Bowling Ball

Tom

Yeah, I heard the crack of thunder, here.  Our precip is trying to change to snow now, although the sleet doesn't want to leave.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Even Omaha is now in a WWA for 1-2” of snow and considerable blowing snow... not sure what to think about it in reality... really sick of these nickel and dimers.

I believe Omaha signed up for some kind of contract where nickel and dimers are all we're allowed to have now. Started a couple of years ago, and runs through the winter of 2020 at least.

We've changed over to all snow, but so far it has been light.  Just in the last few minutes, larger flakes have been mixing in and increasing.  Radar shows we will only have about an hour of snow, which will make it difficult to exceed an inch.

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Legit blizzard conditions.  Been a long time..

GoSaints, if you would be so kind to take a video and post it here I would actually really appreciate it. It looks insane on radar up there and I'd love to see the blizzard conditions, as it's been a really long time for us too.

Snow is sticking here.  I'd agree that there is little chance of getting anything over 1".  Even getting to 1" might be difficult, but at least it's snowing.  I think areas further east in Iowa, especially northeast Iowa could get a few inches or more though. 

Dont have any video.  Traveling backroads at not very fast....  KRST was at .15 vis last hour...

No worries. I have family in Red Wing and they're going to send me some, it just looks like the best banding is setting up SE of there. What a crazy storm. Even if it doesn't amount to much, I'd take a quick 5-8" thundersnow over a 10" clipper with moderate rates. Thundersnow is amazing. Awesome that you guys are having some.

Just checked out Rochester's snapchat story. Good god man, you aren't lying. It's absolutely RIPPING out there! 

• Like 1

NWS Hastings just reporting on their Twitter page that there are 2 out of control fires, one in Furnas County (just southwest of me in Central Nebraska) and one in Smith County (north central Kansas).  Can't even imagine what that would be like with winds gusting over 60 MPH to try and fight these.   I am not seeing in smoke as it would be pushed to the Southeast.

NWS Hastings just reporting on their Twitter page that there are 2 out of control fires, one in Furnas County (just southwest of me in Central Nebraska) and one in Smith County (north central Kansas).  Can't even imagine what that would be like with winds gusting over 60 MPH to try and fight these.   I am not seeing in smoke as it would be pushed to the Southeast.

Sad day here in Nebraska man. This is honestly the worst day of weather I think all year. Incredible wind, cold, and just brown and dry to top it off. It's something that you absolutely dread as a weather fanatic, yet here we are.

No worries. I have family in Red Wing and they're going to send me some, it just looks like the best banding is setting up SE of there. What a crazy storm. Even if it doesn't amount to much, I'd take a quick 5-8" thundersnow over a 10" clipper with moderate rates. Thundersnow is amazing. Awesome that you guys are having some.

Just checked out Rochester's snapchat story. Good god man, you aren't lying. It's absolutely RIPPING out there! 

I just checked his story out to...the background music is hilarious...Arabic???

So, looks like another band wants to get going over central Iowa. And they postponed the snow from 5 to 6. Is this thing slowing down and gaining more energy or am I just hopelessly stuck on winter?

Nothing here in se Wisconsin yet, waiting here on the hill, wind makes for an interesting lift ride.

It's too bad the precip is nearly done, here, because it just recently got good.  Large flakes are pouring down pretty good.

Does the snow have any fluff factor for those in MN???  Temps in the upper 20's seem to be good enough for a powdery type snow.  Based on the vids I saw in Rochester, it looks like its blowing and drifting.

Does the snow have any fluff factor for those in MN???  Temps in the upper 20's seem to be good enough for a powdery type snow.  Based on the vids I saw in Rochester, it looks like its blowing and drifting.

It’s definitely not the cement I was expecting. There is a bit of fluff to it for sure.

• Like 1