Spring 2018 Colder Air Mass Movement and Distribution Projections ..

Well, richard mann has made it to the Sweet 16 of the Weather Forums March Madness.

Also, spring has started as of 9:15 AM PDT this morning, so the colder air masses should sometime retreat latitudinally northward, but not before the atmospheric river moves latitudinally southward and longitudinally eastward, but this one is actually a warmer air mass, rather than a colder air mass, and the warmer air mass is needed to bring significant rain.

From a further south latitudinal perspective, San Diego looks to get much less rain than L.A.

From the more eastern longitudinal perspective of the East Coast, the colder air mass ('noreaster) will bring heavy snow, which is quite the opposite of the warmer air mass of the atmospheric river.

From a central U.S. longitudinal look, the latitudinal collision of colder and warmer air masses will cause severe thunderstorms and tornadoes over the next few days and periodically over the next few weeks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-

hey.. "Marine Layer". 

... Interesting certainly, that you've begun my projections thread for Spring for me here. Hope that you're gathering some insights from what I've submitted.

Regarding what you've said here above a bit more specifically, first, I must confess I don't really know what the "Weather Forums March Madness" thing, is. Perhaps you could help me to know better, more exactly. 

Beyond this, and if I may respond to what you've suggested, further above, ....

.. If you'll check my most recent set of projections—(if single post, where considering cold air's both latitudinal, and more longitudinal, potential as I see them.), .. you'll see that I've suggested that cold is, in fact on the retreat at this point, and should be through the 24th. -  http://theweatherforums.com/index.php/topic/1711-winter-2017-18-colder-air-mass-movement-and-distribution-projections/?p=331091

— Main idea and perspective here, if granted, not so readily apparent / immediately evident, .. At times, when cold is "slowing" its more longitudinal pace and progress more eastward .. (And, with also accounting for big topography. "The Greater Coast" in this case.), .. it can be driven / "steered" and "pressed", more southward, even where "retreating" more as a whole. ...  

.. That's what happening now. 

To see this idea better perhaps, .... note, that even with cold's being / having been being, steered more latitudinally, or even more accurately in this case, "meridionally" south over recent days, ... 

.. That the "warmer" wetter air mass in its path and responsible for all of the precip., has been being "allowed" increasing ("daily".) more northward, where looking at past several days. 

... An idea also evident with checking, further east. ... And, where otherwise looked at, how this very idea has worked to foster "all", of the three different more significant "Noreasters" having developed there over the past week or so. 

Check these ideas here at this NOAA site page, linked to. - https://www.nnvl.noaa.gov/view/globaldata.html#GOES

... The more-abstract ideas represented here above, are theoretical in nature, only. And so, as such, have been submitted, only as conjecture  certainly open to discussion.

---

-

hey.. "Marine Layer". 

... Interesting certainly, that you've begun my projections thread for Spring for me here. Hope that you're gathering some insights from what I've submitted.

Regarding what you've said here above a bit more specifically, first, I must confess I don't really know what the "Weather Forums March Madness" thing, is. Perhaps you could help me to know better, more exactly. 

Beyond this, and if I may respond to what you've suggested, further above, ....

.. If you'll check my most recent set of projections—(if single post, where considering cold air's both latitudinal, and more longitudinal, potential as I see them.), .. you'll see that I've suggested that cold is, in fact on the retreat at this point, and should be through the 24th. -  http://theweatherforums.com/index.php/topic/1711-winter-2017-18-colder-air-mass-movement-and-distribution-projections/?p=331091

— Main idea and perspective here, if granted, not so readily apparent / immediately evident, .. At times, when cold is "slowing" its more longitudinal pace and progress more eastward .. (And, with also accounting for big topography. "The Greater Coast" in this case.), .. it can be driven / "steered" and "pressed", more southward, even where "retreating" more as a whole. ...  

.. That's what happening now. 

To see this idea better perhaps, .... note, that even with cold's being / having been being, steered more latitudinally, or even more accurately in this case, "meridionally" south over recent days, ... 

.. That the "warmer" wetter air mass in its path and responsible for all of the precip., has been being "allowed" increasing ("daily".) more northward, where looking at past several days. 

... An idea also evident with checking, further east. ... And, where otherwise looked at, how this very idea has worked to foster "all", of the three different more significant "Noreasters" having developed there over the past week or so. 

Check these ideas here at this NOAA site page, linked to. - https://www.nnvl.noaa.gov/view/globaldata.html#GOES

... The more-abstract ideas represented here above, are theoretical in nature, only. And so, as such, have been submitted, only as conjecture  certainly open to discussion.

You did not look at my cross reference in the winter colder air masses post, so here it is again.

http://theweatherforums.com/index.php/topic/1759-2018-weather-forums-march-madness/?do=findComment&comment=328884

You did not look at my cross reference in the winter colder air masses post, so here it is again.

http://theweatherforums.com/index.php/topic/1759-2018-weather-forums-march-madness/?do=findComment&comment=328884

.. Actually I had, in its more original form. (It appears to have been updated since I had leastwise.)

In its present form, I'm gathering some of what the main ideas are all about.  I appear to have achieved my "ranking", pretty much purely as the result of my once more numerous posts submitted.

---

• 2 weeks later...

-

.. At this point main colder air massthat looked at more fully through and across the greater Northern hemisphereis near to having reached its full expansion, or movement and spread, more southward, i. e. out and down from its main higher latitude source both regions and areas and into the mid-latitudes. And with this idea, should begin to regress (or recoil) back more northward beginning in a few days, on or near to the 7th of April.  

This, while also at about this same time main colder air mass as a whole begins to move more assertively eastward for about a week or so.

Of note here, this will be my last set of colder air mass projectionsbroader main cold's both latitudinal and longitudinal potentialuntil near to, if likely before, the beginning of Fall. 

No "Numerical Wx-forecast Models" have been consulted where considering the generation of the broader outlook included above as part of this post.  Further, the more-abstract ideas represented above, are theoretical in nature, only. And so, as such, have been submitted here, only as conjecture  certainly open to discussion.

---