April 18th-19th Snowstorm

Money

Right but with temperatures in the 30s thunderstorms could cool the atmosphere to freezing locally. Its happened before.

This situation doesn’t look like that especially at least initially. Look at the soundings. Everything from at least 700mb down is quite a bit above freezing. In the instances where you get cooling or snowfall when it’s above freezing, most of the atmosphere just above the surface is below zero

• Like 1

I'll be interested to see if the Euro drops further south like the UK.  The way this winter season has gone, storms have trended south many times and we've also seen significant shifts even after watches were posted.  I don't think it will get far enough south for me to worry about, but the UK hits my parents house pretty hard.  

Models turning this into a pretty meh event for us in Eastern Nebraska. I'm over it, I'd rather not have a cold rain to spend my last week here anyways, even though it's not going to be warm by any standards. Hopefully we can get some sort of severe wx this week but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

DVN is not buying much in the way of snow accumulations.  Calling for an inch or less on grassy surfaces along Highway 20.  If this system were passing through at night, we'd probably talking a whole different story here, but except in the areas of heaviest precip rates, accumulations will likely be tough, at least in eastern Iowa.  Maybe a different story in other areas.  

DVN is not buying much in the way of snow accumulations. Calling for an inch or less on grassy surfaces along Highway 20. If this system were passing through at night, we'd probably talking a whole different story here, but except in the areas of heaviest precip rates, accumulations will likely be tough, at least in eastern Iowa. Maybe a different story in other areas.

Possible result for sure...

LaCrosse going with 4-7" for SE Minnesota and far NE Iowa.

The snowfall amounts of 4 to 7 inches still look possible
over all of southeast Minnesota into the first tier of counties
across northeast Iowa. Will expand the winter storm watch a little
and add in Wabasha, Winona, Houston and Winneshiek Counties.

Interesting, seems like its trending towards the euro. CMC came south too

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/