Late April 2018 Heatwave Contest

Jesse

It's common to block traumatic events from our memories.

Well played, but I don’t share your worldview. It doesn’t bother me when you make a good forecast. ;)

I did scroll through the forecast contests since 2016, and you’re winless over that period. Cognitive dissonance?

Well played, but I don’t share your worldview. It doesn’t bother me when you make a good forecast. ;)

I did scroll through the forecast contests since 2016, and you’re winless over that period. Cognitive dissonance?

:lol:

You try hard for not being bothered.

It was just a joke. I have won before, but I don't really keep track. And most these contests never end up graded anyway.

A forum for the end of the world.

:lol:

You try hard for not being bothered.

It was just a joke. I have won before, but I don't really keep track. And most these contests never end up graded anyway.

What can I say, I have an insatiable curiosity for information. Heck, I play myself in chess. :lol:

That doesn’t mean it bothers me when you make a good forecast. I honestly don’t even think about it unless you’re trying to Flatiron one of my past forecasts..in which case there’s more than enough material available for a retaliatory strike. Lol.

Looks like you will win. PDX already up to 57. SEA at 51 but I can't afford it to go much higher.

SEA needs to hit 56 for me to tie, 57 for me to win. That will be tough w/ the clouds.

If you had DC sun power, maybe. Lol.

SEA needs to hit 56 for me to tie, 57 for me to win. That will be tough w/ the clouds.

If you had DC sun power, maybe. Lol.

Unofficially a high of 55 for SEA and 62 for PDX. If that holds, then these are the final standings.

Frontal Snowsquall -39

Phil -41

Jesse -48

Jesse and Phil tally up the scores to confirm this to see if I made any errors.

• Like 1

Well that was fun. Good job Frontal Snowsquall!

Definitely would like to do more of these, hopefully with more people participating!

Thanks Jesse for putting this contest together and also to Phil for participating. However I'm not going to accept being the winner. I just copied TWC for SEA and for PDX I tweaked some numbers around. Maybe most people just tweak numbers around, I don't know. However it's pretty funny I just copied the forecast for SEA. Hope everybody got a good laugh at that one. I know I did.

Yeah more people need to participate. The 3 of us here showed we are probably the most passionate about weather.

Thanks Jesse for putting this contest together and also to Phil for participating. However I'm not going to accept being the winner. I just copied TWC for SEA and for PDX I tweaked some numbers around. Maybe most people just tweak numbers around, I don't know. However it's pretty funny I just copied the forecast for SEA. Hope everybody got a good laugh at that one. I know I did.

Yeah more people need to participate. The 3 of us here showed we are probably the most passionate about weather.

I basically copied from an aggregate of modeled soundings at said locations..so maybe my guesses were tainted too.

That’s one reason I like the seasonal forecast contest..we can’t rip off numbers from anything. It’s all instinct and pattern recognition, with some analoging thrown in.

I basically copied from an aggregate of modeled soundings at said locations..so maybe my guesses were tainted too.

That’s one reason I like the seasonal forecast contest..we can’t rip off numbers from anything. It’s all instinct and pattern recognition, with some analoging thrown in.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the seasonal forecast contest. I'm going to try and put a lot of effort into it. I know you're going to bring it along with everybody else. I want to see how well I stack up to everybody else. It's also a way to see everybody's forecast through September. It's going to be on paper so we can look back and see what want right and wrong for everybody.

• Like 1