Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Late April 2018 Heatwave Contest

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Frontal Snowsquall

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:13 PM

Frontal Snowsquall

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationNorthern Willamette Valley

SEA needs to hit 56 for me to tie, 57 for me to win. That will be tough w/ the clouds.

If you had DC sun power, maybe. Lol.

Unofficially a high of 55 for SEA and 62 for PDX. If that holds, then these are the final standings.

Frontal Snowsquall -39
Phil -41
Jesse -48

Jesse and Phil tally up the scores to confirm this to see if I made any errors.
  • Jesse likes this

Jesse

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:13 PM

Jesse

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23967 posts
  • LocationEast Vancouver, WA (300')
Well that was fun. Good job Frontal Snowsquall!

Definitely would like to do more of these, hopefully with more people participating!
  • Phil and Frontal Snowsquall like this

Frontal Snowsquall

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:57 PM

Frontal Snowsquall

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

Well that was fun. Good job Frontal Snowsquall!

Definitely would like to do more of these, hopefully with more people participating!

Thanks Jesse for putting this contest together and also to Phil for participating. However I'm not going to accept being the winner. I just copied TWC for SEA and for PDX I tweaked some numbers around. Maybe most people just tweak numbers around, I don't know. However it's pretty funny I just copied the forecast for SEA. Hope everybody got a good laugh at that one. I know I did.

Yeah more people need to participate. The 3 of us here showed we are probably the most passionate about weather.

Phil

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:04 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 20096 posts
  • LocationCabin John, MD.
Congrats FrontalSnowsquall. And Jesse.

Very fun, even though we all sucked. :lol:
  • Jesse and Frontal Snowsquall like this
Personal Weather Station, Live Stream on Wunderground: https://www.wundergr...BETHE62#history

Warm Season 2018
90+ degree days: 5
Thunderstorm Days: 5
Severe Days: 1
Total rainfall: 1.77”
Highest Gust: 54mph
Warmest High: 94.6*F
Warmest low: 65.5*F

Live Weather Stream

Phil

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:08 PM

Phil

Forum Fantastic

• Members
  • 20096 posts
  • LocationCabin John, MD.

Thanks Jesse for putting this contest together and also to Phil for participating. However I'm not going to accept being the winner. I just copied TWC for SEA and for PDX I tweaked some numbers around. Maybe most people just tweak numbers around, I don't know. However it's pretty funny I just copied the forecast for SEA. Hope everybody got a good laugh at that one. I know I did.

Yeah more people need to participate. The 3 of us here showed we are probably the most passionate about weather.

I basically copied from an aggregate of modeled soundings at said locations..so maybe my guesses were tainted too.

That’s one reason I like the seasonal forecast contest..we can’t rip off numbers from anything. It’s all instinct and pattern recognition, with some analoging thrown in.
Personal Weather Station, Live Stream on Wunderground: https://www.wundergr...BETHE62#history

Warm Season 2018
90+ degree days: 5
Thunderstorm Days: 5
Severe Days: 1
Total rainfall: 1.77”
Highest Gust: 54mph
Warmest High: 94.6*F
Warmest low: 65.5*F

Live Weather Stream

Frontal Snowsquall

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:51 PM

Frontal Snowsquall

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

I basically copied from an aggregate of modeled soundings at said locations..so maybe my guesses were tainted too.

That’s one reason I like the seasonal forecast contest..we can’t rip off numbers from anything. It’s all instinct and pattern recognition, with some analoging thrown in.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the seasonal forecast contest. I'm going to try and put a lot of effort into it. I know you're going to bring it along with everybody else. I want to see how well I stack up to everybody else. It's also a way to see everybody's forecast through September. It's going to be on paper so we can look back and see what want right and wrong for everybody.
  • Phil likes this