June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

You are starting to sound an awful lot like tigerwoods in the winter. #bsf

Well when you go through a winter and get less snow than anywhere else in the region it's pretty unfortunate, but that's life. I live in a shi++y location.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

12z GFS MOS shows low to mid 80s this weekend. Disgustingly troughy. Makes me want to shoot that ULL and put it out of its misery. <_>

Still hanging on to decent weather but I expect it will trend even worse until it actually shows wrap around rain.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

12z GFS MOS shows low to mid 80s this weekend. Disgustingly troughy. Makes me want to shoot that ULL and put it out of its misery. <_>

The well above average temp trolling on this board is pretty out of control as of late.

• Like 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

In what regard. The potential heat event is still 6+ days away. Give it till Thursday before it’s worth worrying about.

The heat seemed to be focused on days 9 an 10 on yesterday's Ecmwf, so it would be nice to see timing on that not be delayed anymore, would also be nice to see the midweek low lose some of it's energy and shift eastward a little more quickly instead of hanging around..

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Yeah, getting a little silly. :lol:

It’s been frigid lately though so you can’t really blame people.

Its been pretty cold since last Friday and it looks quite chilly and cloudy on Wednesday and Thursday.

A warm up would be very nice at this point.   Something that feels like summer.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Its been pretty cold since last Friday and it looks quite chilly and cloudy on Wednesday and Thursday.

A warm up would be very nice at this point. Something that feels like summer.

I think you have forgotten what normal Junes are like here. :lol:

A warm up would be very nice at this point.   Something that feels like summer.

Relax, if there's one thing that's certain it's that we now live in a place where hot summers are the norm.  It's coming.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Relax, if there's one thing that's certain it's that we now live in a place where hot summers are the norm. It's coming.

June used to be more of a spring/summer transition month that was known for its clouds. Now we hold it to July standards I guess.

• Like 1

I think you have forgotten what normal Junes are like here. :lol:

No... we have had significant troughy periods in June in recent years with the exception of 2015.

A cool and wet period in mid June is very common.   But that does not mean it feels like summer and I always glad when warmer weather returns.   Its depressing to have such long days and still be freezing cold and wet like we were over the weekend.    Its why spring and early summer is so frustrating here.  

No... we have had significant troughy periods in June in recent years with the exception of 2015.

A cool and wet period in mid June is very common. But that does not mean it feels like summer and I always glad when warmer weather returns. Its depressing to have such long days and still be freezing cold and wet like we were over the weekend. Its why spring and early summer is so frustrating here.

We haven’t had a regionally below average June since 2012. This year should be no exception.

Kwit yer bellyachin’.

That band faded out as it moved east.

Yeah come to think of it that rain headed towards Monroe more or less.

Was just getting off the Sammamish River at Kenmore when it came rolling in.

post-7-0-17594700-1528739705_thumb.jpg

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

We haven’t had a regionally below average June since 2012. This year should be no exception.

Kwit yer bellyachin’.

I know what June troughing is like... we just had 10 days of it last June.   And before that in 2013, 2014, and 2016.

There were some warm spells to offset in the overall average... but there were stretches of crappy weather like always in those months.  

I know what June troughing is like... we just had 10 days of it last June. And before that in 2013, 2014, and 2016.

There were some warm spells to offset in the overall average... but there were stretches of crappy weather like always in those months.

Horrifying!

Horrifying!

Did not say that.   

Just pointing out why a return to summer-like weather would be welcomed by many.

Our normal June weather can be pretty crappy.    Its just the way it is. 

So maybe another half inch of rain on the way later in the week. Enough rain to keep the garden happy. Things are doing pretty good right now. Love the smell out side after a summer rain, especially in the morning.

gfs_apcpn_nwus_15.png

CMC a little heavier in King Co.

gem_apcpn_nwus_16.png

• Like 1

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

So maybe another half inch of rain on the way later in the week. Enough rain to keep the garden happy. Things are doing pretty good right now. Love the smell out side after a summer rain, especially in the morning.

I like some summer rain as well.     Warm summer rain is the best.    ;)

Lots of opinions this morning!

Weird!!!

Euro looks troughy. Man your battle stations!

ULL is still trending north and west.   

12Z ECMWF is really wet east of the Cascades on Saturday... like the 12Z GFS.   

I would bet on this continuing to trend north and west over the next couple days.  

I know what June troughing is like... we just had 10 days of it last June.   And before that in 2013, 2014, and 2016.

So NOW you believe that a few short spells can offset an average?

12Z ECMWF shows 68 in Moses Lake on Sunday with showers... and around 85 in Seattle with sun.

If the trend to the northwest stopped now then it would be great... but I doubt the trend is done.   

It’s been warm lately and people are strangely acting like it’s been cold. That is fact, not opinion.

Its been cold more recently than warm.

But when we say the rain has just come in spurts and offset the average the last 4 years you reject it.

Yeah... like the most days with rain ever in the winter of 2015-16?

Just one short 6-month spurt!  

If the 12Z ECMWF is correct... SEA will be warmer than Moses Lake for 3 straight days (Sat-Mon).    

That has to be very rare in the warm season.