June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Now that’s a respectable thing to get emotional about that you can’t control.

If no one takes the field the game won't happen.

If no one takes the field June will still finish above average at KSEA.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

This summer is seriously shaping up to be another brown, smoke filled cesspool of . The ground is cement already, and at most I could see a few hundredths of an inch of rain the next 15 days. I'm so tired of this climates inability to behave like this climate. Might just move to Vegas so I don't even have to worry about weather anymore.

• Like 2

Kinda. If no one shows up or watches they won't take the field, at least not here. You can't win this one.

Did your watching increase their odds of winning the match?

Probably about as much as me following local anomalies increases the odds of PDX having an above or below average month. ;)

This summer is seriously shaping up to be another brown, smoke filled cesspool of s**t. The ground is cement already, and at most I could see a few hundredths of an inch of rain the next 15 days. I'm so tired of this climates inability to behave like this climate. Might just move to Vegas so I don't even have to worry about weather anymore.

I feel your pain my bro.

• Like 1

Did your watching increase their odds of winning the match?

Probably about as much as me following local anomalies increases the odds of PDX having an above or below average month. ;)

My watching had nothing to do with it, but it's entirely a human-caused event in every way. I bet the team has even used the third runway at PDX on occasion.

My watching had nothing to do with it, but it's entirely a human-caused event in every way. I bet the team has even used the third runway at PDX on occasion.

What does it being human caused have to do with it? There are plenty of human caused things that people fuss about but basically have no more control over than they do the weather. I think you have lectured me on the futility of a few.

What does it being human caused have to do with it? There are plenty of human caused things that people fuss about but basically have no more control over than they do the weather. I think you have lectured me on the futility of a few.

I agree. It's dumb.

I agree. It's dumb.

Not dumb at all. I completely get the draw of following and rooting for something of which you have zero control over the outcome. Seems to be part of human nature.

I guess it could be argued that what the weather does is a little more consequential than whether the Blazers win the Super Bowl, though.

Not dumb at all. I completely get the draw of following and rooting for something of which you have zero control over the outcome. Seems to be part of human nature.

I guess it could be argued that what the weather does is a little more consequential than whether the Blazers win the Super Bowl, though.

You are intentionally trolling sports fans here. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

You are intentionally trolling sports fans here. :)

Nah, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the belief that living and dying over sports outcomes is somehow different than or superior to worrying about meteorological outcomes. Something Matt in particular mercilessly mocks.

It’s basically a different outlet for a similar human tendency.

Depends on your definition of consequential, I suppose. The human element makes them generally more impactful, though. People expect the randomness of weather. Some games even get rained out. Ultimately though, it's an afterthought because it has no human involvement. Sports are entirely dependent on it, despite spectators having very little impact on the outcome.

• Like 1

Nah, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the belief that living and dying over sports outcomes is somehow different than or superior to worrying about meteorological outcomes. Something Matt in particular mercilessly mocks.

It’s basically a different outlet for a similar human tendency.

Specifically referring to your comment about the Blazers winning the Super Bowl.   Even my wife (who does not care about sports at all) knows that is wrong.    ;)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Specifically referring to your comment about the Blazers winning the Super Bowl. Even my wife (who does not care about sports at all) knows that is wrong. ;)

Yes, silly joke thrown in. My other points are sincere, though.

Interesting weather today. I'm in Soap Lake, it was calm and around 80 degrees, when out of the blue, the wind just started ripping. Lake was basically calm then turned into something you'd see on open ocean. Guess that was the frontal passage..

IMG_20180603_175428.jpg

• Like 1

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Depends on your definition of consequential, I suppose. The human element makes them generally more impactful, though. People expect the randomness of weather. Some games even get rained out. Ultimately though, it's an afterthought because it has no human involvement. Sports are entirely dependent on it, despite spectators having very little impact on the outcome.

Getting a little out in the weeds here.

Interesting weather today. I'm in Soap Lake, it was calm and around 80 degrees, when out of the blue, the wind just started ripping. Lake was basically calm then turned into something you'd see on open ocean. Guess that was the frontal passage..

Yuck.   

It was decent here until about 3 p.m. and yesterday was spectacular.    Not a good weekend to escape.   Next weekend is looking like a better candidate.

Here is Lake Sammamish yesterday evening... it was calm and lake was flat and it was 80 degrees.   Absolutely perfect out there.

20180603_181048.jpg

Yuck.

It was decent here until about 3 p.m. and yesterday was spectacular. Not a good weekend to escape. Next weekend is looking like a better candidate.

Here is Lake Sammamish yesterday evening... it was calm and lake was flat and it was 80 degrees. Absolutely perfect out there.

20180603_181048.jpg

I actually left Thursday. Hiked up to lake Colchuck Friday, ate breakfast in Leavenworth Saturday morning, then drove over to Soap Lake. The weather has been fantastic most of the time, except for the drive Thursday and this evening, of course.

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

I actually left Thursday. Hiked up to lake Colchuck Friday, ate breakfast in Leavenworth Saturday morning, then drove over to Soap Lake. The weather has been fantastic most of the time, except for the drive Thursday and this evening, of course.

That's cool.

You need to cut down the hyperbole a little buddy. The troughing that is moving over us currently looked just as impressive at that range. The end result is looking like highs dropping to near average (low 70s) for a few days.

I hope you roast. Your tantrums are almost as entertaining as Tim’s.