July 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Despite Tim's claims to the contrary, clouds don't stop drought.

I claimed that? It certainly slows down the drying out of vegetation. That is obvious.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I just got back into town from camping over the holiday weekend. Didn't have much cell phone reception so just now catching up on all the world news and weather. Looks like the heat wave is still on for this week. Rod Hill is going for the mid 90s and above from Wednesday onward with Thursday and Friday into the triple digits. Extreme heat is coming!

http://oi67.tinypic.com/1675b9d.jpg

I just got back into town from camping over the holiday weekend. Didn't have much cell phone reception so just now catching up on all the world news and weather. Looks like the heat wave is still on for this week. Rod Hill is going for the mid 90s and above from Wednesday onward with Thursday and Friday into the triple digits. Extreme heat is coming!

Camping in Death Valley I assume?

Planning on an August trip along the eastern flank of the Oregon Cascades via Forest Service roads, including a stop at Three Creek Lake, so your mention is timely!

I just have to hope all the back roads aren't closed by then due to fire danger.

We should be in the thick of Dewey’s #augusticebox by then fortunately.

Would highly recommend the Tam MacArthur Rim trail if you are in the Three Creek Lake area.

That is a ridiculous forecast.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Yep, looks like a historic heat wave is rapidly unfolding. You called it.

00Z GFS turns that ULL against us in the 8-10 day period... it pumps up the ridge even more.   

00Z GEM shows the exact same thing.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

00Z GFS turns that ULL against us in the 8-10 day period... it pumps up the ridge even more.

00Z GEM shows the exact same thing.

Time to turn on my weather manipulation device again.

We need to prevent any ridging from developing between 7/18 and 8/6.

The 500mb pattern will be almost irrelevant on Hippa Island. It's always chilly there.

That is a ridiculous forecast.

Yep, looks like a historic heat wave is rapidly unfolding. You called it.

It's Rod Hills forecast, not mine. Been too much out of the loop to say whether or not his forecast will verify. A heat wave which is 3 straight days of 90+ weather looks likely though. Either way it's going to be hot, sunny and dry.

It's Rod Hills forecast, not mine. Been too much out of the loop to say whether or not his forecast will verify. A heat wave which is 3 straight days of 90+ weather looks likely though. Either way it's going to be hot, sunny and dry.

I've already lost count of how many heatwaves we've had this year.

There’s a reason he chose it as the destination he tells us he goes to.

What is this supposed to mean?

• Like 1

When do you go up to Hippa island?

I can’t believe how expensive that place is. 5000-6000 bucks for 4 or so days of fishing. Are you able to send any of that fish back home with you?

• Like 1

Two weeks of 95/75 spreads at Hipster Island.

You heard it here first.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.