August 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Don't worry, I don't believe you ever truly have. ;)

Haha. I’m not a sadist, man. And watching the same pattern repeat itself over and over again is just boring af at this point.

The winter on the other hand is looking 6-10 ish to me, even though I want to be optimistic. Some parts of the central and south valley could be going into a 2-winter snowless stretch after this one. Brings back horrible memories from '14-'15 and '15-'16 back to back.

Eugene did decent last winter with about 5 inches or so. BTW, Springfield gets a bit more snow than Eugene so you can look forward to outsnowing this dolt.

• Like 1

I’d like to remind everyone that we don’t discuss sports that are lead by the capital class to exploit vulnerable populations for the entertainment of the oppressors.

One week until I move back. Trying my damnedest to be enthusiastic or just give up my weather love for something more enjoyable, like stamps and collectible wheat pennies.

These are the kind of posts that lead to Jan 1950s.

A forum for the end of the world.

I’d like to remind everyone that we don’t discuss sports that are lead by the capital class to exploit vulnerable populations for the entertainment of the oppressors.

One week until I move back. Trying my damnedest to be enthusiastic or just give up my weather love for something more enjoyable, like stamps and collectible wheat pennies.

Stamps and pennies are impervious to climate change.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Just a reminder that you'll be coming in at a point where Western Washington will be incredibly due for some sunnier, warmer weather. It's been a remarkably wet year around here so far. January still just blows me away. Please don't get your hopes up for awhile.

Just a reminder that you'll be coming in at a point where Western Washington will be incredibly due for some sunnier, warmer weather. It's been a remarkably wet year around here so far. January still just blows me away. Please don't get your hopes up for awhile.

Haha! It's been super dry!

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Eugene did decent last winter with about 5 inches or so. BTW, Springfield gets a bit more snow than Eugene so you can look forward to outsnowing this dolt.

That makes no sense. Doesn't Eugene average like 5 inches a year while Springfield is like 2.5?  Eugene has more NE wind upsloping while Springfield is blocked by the mountains between there and Sweet Home and the most significant snow events are ones with offshore or NE winds with the south valley in the deformation bands.

Also, there was a decent swath just south of Monmouth, down to like Junction City and over to Albany that had no snow in any of the events this past winter.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Last significant rain here was on July 10th... the rain on Saturday will end a month of almost totally dry weather in my area.

The most common period for our annual 4-week dry spell here is mid-July to mid-August... right on schedule this year.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

My large slugs are still doing great! The extremely wet late winter and early spring really made them grow into giants! It was wet! Very wet! (For my area)

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2018/04/is-this-unusually-poor-spring-in.html?m=1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

My large slugs are still doing great! The extremely wet late winter and early spring really made them grow into giants! It was wet! Very wet! (For my area)

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2018/04/is-this-unusually-poor-spring-in.html?m=1

Worse yet... rain during the rest of the year is completely meaningless.

It could rain every single day and 10 times the normal from November - April... but if its hot and dry in July and August then we are screwed.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Worse yet... rain during the rest of the year is completely meaningless.

It could rain every single day and 10 times the normal from November - April... but if its hot and dry in July and August then we are screwed.

May was record warm and dry down here too.

I would honestly feel a lot more comfortable if people stopped acknowledging anomalously warm weather here. Until that day comes this place just feels unsafe to me.

It must be tough to see the '80s/'90s heat anomaly glory days just not feel so glorious anymore. It's probably perfectly natural to feel a bit threatened by seeing the past so ruthlessly usurped.