Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

A Mt. Fuji Eruption Could Bury Tokyo in 3 Ft. Of Ash

• Please log in to reply

Andie

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:45 AM

Andie

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2473 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas
Considering the recent tectonic activity on the Ring of Fire, you have to wonder.

Japan's tallest mountain last erupted in 1708 and experts say there is at present no indication of a possible eruption, although others have warned that a shift in the tectonic plates caused by the magnitude-9 earthquake that struck north-east Japan in March 2011 has increased the likelihood of an eruption.

https://www.telegrap...disaster-plans/

Attached File  IMG_3331.JPG   146.99KB   0 downloads

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

OKwx2k4

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:07 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3587 posts

Considering the recent tectonic activity on the Ring of Fire, you have to wonder.

Japan's tallest mountain last erupted in 1708 and experts say there is at present no indication of a possible eruption, although others have warned that a shift in the tectonic plates caused by the magnitude-9 earthquake that struck north-east Japan in March 2011 has increased the likelihood of an eruption.

https://www.telegrap...disaster-plans/

IMG_3331.JPG

Its definitely not something I would take lightly, and again, 2011 was last solar minimum so I think their heads may be in the right places.

Andie

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:31 PM

Andie

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2473 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Its definitely not something I would take lightly, and again, 2011 was last solar minimum so I think their heads may be in the right places.

Hey there "Okie",  what can you say regarding solar minimums??

How about posting some background on it in the Solar thread and how it may or may not impact weather and climate ?

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.