Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

September 2018 Observations and Discussion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

jaster220

Posted Today, 05:06 PM

jaster220

St. Joseph Lighthouse January 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4721 posts
  • LocationKRMY (Marshall, MI) KBEH (work)

@ SPS

Yeah, flooded basements takes the fun right out of it. Leaking roofs might be worse. Had both in the past year so I feel ya out there. Gotta take my "lucky you" post back. Hope you have a better means to get stuff dry again. 

jaster220

Posted Today, 05:10 PM

jaster220

St. Joseph Lighthouse January 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4721 posts
  • LocationKRMY (Marshall, MI) KBEH (work)

Nice cell about to smack Lincoln, NE     I know somebody posts from there, right? Looks like OAX is not totally done either. 

St Paul Storm

Posted Today, 05:17 PM

St Paul Storm

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1678 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

@ SPS

Yeah, flooded basements takes the fun right out of it. Leaking roofs might be worse. Had both in the past year so I feel ya out there. Gotta take my "lucky you" post back. Hope you have a better means to get stuff dry again.

Sorry you’ve had the joy of water in your house. First time I’ve ever had water in the basement. Fortunately it wasn’t much, and it happened in the unfinished part basement in the utility room. The garage, however, took on a lot of water. I’ll be running the wet/dry vac in the morning.

If that was indeed the end of severe season, that was one hell of an ending. Saved the best storm of the season for last.

Tom

Posted Today, 05:48 PM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 16941 posts
  • LocationDes Plaines, IL
Just went out to take out the garbage and it literally feels and smells like mid summer out there. It’s still a muggy, breezy, 89F this evening. What a night to be out downtown in the city soaking up the last summery evening of the year.
  • westMJim and St Paul Storm like this

BrianJK

Posted Today, 06:00 PM

BrianJK

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationElmhurst, IL

Just went out to take out the garbage and it literally feels and smells like mid summer out there. It’s still a muggy, breezy, 89F this evening. What a night to be out downtown in the city soaking up the last summery evening of the year.

Haha must have been taking out the trash/recycling at the same time and I had the same feeling. It is toasty out there. I’m finally throwing in the towel on summer weather. Next weekend will feel downright cold.
  • Tom likes this

Tom

Posted Today, 06:17 PM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 16941 posts
  • LocationDes Plaines, IL

Haha must have been taking out the trash/recycling at the same time and I had the same feeling. It is toasty out there. I’m finally throwing in the towel on summer weather. Next weekend will feel downright cold.

Ya, no joke...it’ll be a polar opposite (pun intended) from today’s weather. Might have to bring out a heavier blanket this weekend. The following weekend looks even colder from all indications. I think the furnaces will be kicking on around these parts.