Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

September 2018 Observations and Discussion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Hawkeye

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:20 PM

Hawkeye

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, IA

Got about 0.72 inches of rain from the storms that moved through in the past hour. May add a bit more to that with an area of light to moderate rain moving in. 

HRRR suggests that we may get a lull in the storms later this evening and into the early morning hours. Then, storms really get going along highway 30 by daybreak tomorrow. 

I was on the southern edge and received 0.52".  A half mile to my nw received 0.77" and a half mile to my se received about 0.15".  Yes, the HRRR has been consistent in showing a boundary in our area lighting up again late tonight as the Kansas disturbance moves into the area.

season snowfall: 0.0"

'17-18: 39.5"      '16-17: 17.9"      '15-16: 20.0"      '14-15: 30.4"      '13-14: 48.3"      '12-13: 34.1"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Tom

Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:57 AM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 17293 posts
  • LocationDes Plaines, IL

Happy Labor Day all!  As we celebrate the un-official ending to Summer, I hope everyone has an opportunity to take advantage of this holiday and relax with fam and friends.  I was planning for a beach day with my nephews today, but that's going to be scratched off the list.  Might end up trying to fire up the grill again today and cook some burgers and polish sausages instead. 

I was awaken yet again from overnight storms that tracked just to my north.  Kinda getting used to this pattern with day-to-day boomers.  It'll still feel like summer around here over the next couple of days, but are changes transpiring???  Last week, models were gun-ho on a torchy pattern but have since reversed the trends and now it is looking very likely that many of us will enjoy a pull back in temps starting mid week into the following weekend.  Another weekend washout near the MW/GL's??? Lot's going on...

• Niko, Hawkeye, jaster220 and 1 other like this

Hawkeye

Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:01 AM

Hawkeye

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

It has been a noisy late-night/morning.  I've picked up 1.40 inches, pushing my weekend total to almost 3 inches.  We got off to a slow/unlucky start to this wet period, but we're catching up a bit now.

After a bit more this morning, all the action should push north and west of the area until the front comes back south Wednesday.  I really hope Tropical Storm Gordon's remnants can get up to Iowa before veering off to the east.

'17-18: 39.5"      '16-17: 17.9"      '15-16: 20.0"      '14-15: 30.4"      '13-14: 48.3"      '12-13: 34.1"

St Paul Storm

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:59 AM

St Paul Storm

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1756 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN
2.5” to 4.5” of rain currently forecasted here through tomorrow night. Models seem to be bouncing the heaviest band north and south with each run. Looks like some areas close by could easily top 6”.

On another note, I noticed the leaves are starting to turn this weekend. Shades of lighter green and a few yellows starting to show up in the yard. Can’t wait for Fall.

Niko

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:01 AM

Niko

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5350 posts
  • LocationMacomb, MI

Beauty of a day today...sunshine , but quite humid and hot w temps into the 90s.

Hawkeye

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:30 AM

Hawkeye

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

On another note, I noticed the leaves are starting to turn this weekend. Shades of lighter green and a few yellows starting to show up in the yard. Can’t wait for Fall.

My neighbor's big maple tree is showing bits of red.

• St Paul Storm likes this

james1976

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:34 AM

james1976

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4299 posts
  • LocationAplington, IA

Happy Labor Day all!  As we celebrate the un-official ending to Summer, I hope everyone has an opportunity to take advantage of this holiday and relax with fam and friends.  I was planning for a beach day with my nephews today, but that's going to be scratched off the list.  Might end up trying to fire up the grill again today and cook some burgers and polish sausages instead. 

I was awaken yet again from overnight storms that tracked just to my north.  Kinda getting used to this pattern with day-to-day boomers.  It'll still feel like summer around here over the next couple of days, but are changes transpiring???  Last week, models were gun-ho on a torchy pattern but have since reversed the trends and now it is looking very likely that many of us will enjoy a pull back in temps starting mid week into the following weekend.  Another weekend washout near the MW/GL's??? Lot's going on...

DMX is saying mid 60s to mid 70s for late week into the weekend. Definite pull back.

• Tom likes this

Niko

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:56 AM

Niko

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5350 posts
  • LocationMacomb, MI

TS Gordon is eyeing parts of South FL and the northern Gulf Coast area. I am sure TWC crew will be going there to give reports on conditions soon.

Iowawx

Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:25 AM

Iowawx

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Iowa

In the past 24 hours, I have gotten 2.42 inches of rain. I also got 1.15 inches on Saturday morning, and 0.37 inches Saturday night. That means my total so far since Saturday is 3.94 inches. HRRR suggests some storms may still move through CR this afternoon.

Next weekend looks interesting, the track of Gordon brings the remnant low to near KC, and that will allow the moisture to get pulled up here. GFS has widespread heavy rain Friday-Saturday night. 

• Tom and Hawkeye like this

Hawkeye

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:21 AM

Hawkeye

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

My overnight/morning total is 1.86".  Since Saturday, my total is 3.39".  Of course, as always, the station only a half mile to my nw received 0.90" more than me this morning.  Other stations close to that one are similar.  I've only beat that station one time all summer.  

Tom

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:28 AM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 17293 posts

Here's a neat animation of how an outflow boundary heading west from the storm complex that tracked near Chicago intensified nice complex of storms about to hit my place.

• jaster220 likes this

Tom

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:48 AM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 17293 posts

Gordon's remnants tracking through the MW into the lower GL's later in the week, may look like that land 'cane we had earlier in the year.  Some of the models showing a strong, wrapped up defo band within this storm system.  I hope it tracks nearby so I can experience the tropical downpours.

Meantime, the sun came out during the morning and the atmosphere destabilized.  As a result, storms are firing up to the south and moving into the area.

LOT.N0Q.20180903.1856.gif

Boy, talk about a flip in the modeling.  None of them saw this coming but the idea was there for cooling.  The last 5 runs per the 12z GEFS show the trends for this week's cool down.  I wouldn't buy the big ridge the GEFS keep firing up in Week 2.  The pattern doesn't fit that going forward.  Blocking looks to be blossoming and there are reasons why this may last.

For instance, notice the warming at both 10mb/30mb exploding quite early this season...

temp10anim.gif

temp30anim.gif

The next system on the radar has always been in and around 9/11. IF, and a big IF, we could somehow get Gordon to phase into a deeper trough with the system tracking along the U.S./Canadian bordersnap into Autumn pretty darn quickly.  Like I said, that's still a big question and by no means is it a lock, but with blocking in the high lat's and a developing +PNA pattern with ridging into NW NAMER, something may snap.

• Hawkeye and jaster220 like this

OKwx2k4

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:59 AM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3544 posts
Hurricane alert...

https://twitter.com/...666736890793984

Not yet, but it looks like a slam dunk for a Louisiana special.
  • Tom and jaster220 like this

jaster220

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:05 AM

jaster220

St. Joseph Lighthouse January 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5198 posts
  • LocationKRMY (Marshall, MI) KJXN (work)

That is a pure beauty of a storm though. Beautiful.

Yeah, it's what a massive twister would look like here in Michigan if we got 'em like they do out in the Plains. Had I been driving along a road like that and saw what that person saw, I'd have been shocked tbh because we don't get that kind of organized structure around here, especially this year. With the tree line obscuring like that, I'd have presumed Tornado Emergency conditions were ongoing, lol

jaster220

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:10 AM

jaster220

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5198 posts

Hurricane alert...

https://twitter.com/...666736890793984

Not yet, but it looks like a slam dunk for a Louisiana special.

WOW, no kidding! Fortunately my fam in LA are far enough inland (Baton Rouge) to not really be a major concern for them. Flooding tho is a big concern and they've just rebuilt from those massive rains 2 summers ago, so hopefully we're not looking at another Harvey-style system with this. 

jaster220

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:15 AM

jaster220

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5198 posts

Uggh, my summer weekend up north had to be pushed back post-Labor Day to next week and now you're touting my fear that the warm summer we've had will crash hard before then. 

Well, ya can't control it so we'll make the best of it ofc. 

I wanna say, it's been so active in this sub lately! Man, I hope it's like this come winter. So many peeps posting and scoring all kinds of activity. It's been a fantastic stretch really. 

• Tom and Hawkeye like this

OKwx2k4

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:20 AM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3544 posts

Yeah, it's what a massive twister would look like here in Michigan if we got 'em like they do out in the Plains. Had I been driving along a road like that and saw what that person saw, I'd have been shocked tbh because we don't get that kind of organized structure around here, especially this year. With the tree line obscuring like that, I'd have presumed Tornado Emergency conditions were ongoing, lol

Lol. I'd assume. :lol:

Round these parts, it's time to call a friend or family member outside to watch with you when you see that coming. Lol.
  • jaster220 likes this

jaster220

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:32 AM

jaster220

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5198 posts

Uggh, my summer weekend up north had to be pushed back post-Labor Day to next week and now you're touting my fear that the warm summer we've had will crash hard before then

Well, ya can't control it so we'll make the best of it ofc. 

I wanna say, it's been so active in this sub lately! Man, I hope it's like this come winter. So many peeps posting and scoring all kinds of activity. It's been a fantastic stretch really. 

It's not looking that bad after all. Not serious beach wx but I can deal with this, lol:

Attached File  20180903 TC d4-6 forecast.PNG   7.4KB   0 downloads

• Niko likes this

Tom

Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:42 PM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 17293 posts
Jaster, looks like storms are knocking on your doorstep. Storms have been firing and training over here. Exciting day so far. Not a good day for outdoor plans though, but a good day to watch the Cubbies!
  • jaster220 likes this

jaster220

Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:54 PM

jaster220

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5198 posts

Jaster, looks like storms are knocking on your doorstep. Storms have been firing and training over here. Exciting day so far. Not a good day for outdoor plans though, but a good day to watch the Cubbies!

You JUST beat me with a post on the headlines to my west. Radar motion looks more N but GRR wording says E.  Gonna be watching it closely tho..thanks for the concern. I was already at the beach in South Haven earlier and got in the water during a break in the action so I'm glad it held off for my outdoor holiday fun. Others at parks, etc for an evening BBQ, well lady luck's not smiling on them is all I can say. 

jaster220

Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:18 PM

jaster220

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5198 posts

Apparently my eyes are still working ok. Motion was more northerly thus clipping the far west side of Calhoun county and sparing Marshall. I'm ok with that. No shortage of rain here the past month including yesterday starting Sept off right. 

@ Tom

How's yby doing for moisture? Still dry over there? At one point you mentioned cracking ground at your place.

LNK_Weather

Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:28 PM

LNK_Weather

Apparently my posts are garbage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3608 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE (The Shaft City)

Lancaster County got dropped from the Flash Flood Watch. Don't exactly see why, the ground isn't any less saturated here than it is in the areas still under the watch. We got a break today. Sun's out. 81.5*F.

>1" Snowfalls for Lincoln Municipal Airport in 2018-2019: 10/14 (3.5"), 11/17 (2.6")

Total Snowfall for 2018-2019 @ KLNK: 7.1"             Coldest Low: 7*F

First flake of the season: 10/14/2018 @ 7:01 AM CDT       

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2018 Severe Weather Season Statistics for my apartment:

Tornado Watches: 2 (Last: 6/11/2018)

Tornado Warnings: 0 (Last: 5/9/2016)

Severe Thunderstorm Watches: 6 (Last: 9/20/2018)

Severe Thunderstorm Warnings: 5 (Last: 9/20/2018)

SPC Day 1 High Risks: 0 (Last: 6/5/2008)

SPC Day 1 Moderate Risks: 1 (Last: 6/1/2018)

SPC Day 1 Enhanced Risks: 3 (Last: 6/30/2018)

SPC Day 1 Slight Risks: 9 (Last: 9/20/2018)

Hawkeye

Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:45 PM

Hawkeye

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

Tornado spotted nw of Cedar Rapids, has been good, tight rotation on radar.

• jaster220 likes this

jaster220

Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:51 PM

jaster220

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5198 posts

Special Weather Statement Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Grand Rapids MI
537 PM EDT MON SEP 3 2018

MIZ066-073-032230-
Calhoun MI-Eaton MI-
537 PM EDT MON SEP 3 2018

...SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY...

At 536 PM EDT, emergency management reported a strong thunderstorm
near Olivet, or 8 miles north of Marshall, moving east at 30 mph.

This storm has a history of producing tree damage in western Calhoun
County. Dime size hail and winds in excess of 40 mph with downed
tree limbs will be possible with this storm.

Locations impacted include...
Lansing... Charlotte... Albion...
Marshall...

This strong cell passed just to my NW, but we'll get clipped by some residual showers. Remains to be seen if that stuff popping down in N IN around S. Bend makes it up here or not?

• Niko likes this

jaster220

Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:54 PM

jaster220

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5198 posts

Tornado spotted nw of Cedar Rapids, has been good, tight rotation on radar.

Man you Iowa guys have been action city over there. Meanwhile, hurricane warnings posted for Mississippi coast

Iowawx

Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:39 PM

Iowawx

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Looks like more storms are heading towards Cedar Rapids. Storms by Newton moving NE.

Tom

Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:46 PM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 17293 posts

Apparently my eyes are still working ok. Motion was more northerly thus clipping the far west side of Calhoun county and sparing Marshall. I'm ok with that. No shortage of rain here the past month including yesterday starting Sept off right.

@ Tom

How's yby doing for moisture? Still dry over there? At one point you mentioned cracking ground at your place.

Cracks are long gone amigo. The ground is crazy moist now. Reminds me of how it looked back in May/June during the wetter periods.
  • jaster220 likes this

Niko

Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:48 PM

Niko

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5350 posts
  • LocationMacomb, MI

WOW....just WOW. Plentiful rainfall w some loud thunder and lightning. I am pretty sure my area received over an inch. Easily! Thank goodness I decided to just relax today and stay indoors and catch up on some paperwork. It was a busy weekend.

• jaster220 likes this

james1976

Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:27 PM

james1976

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4299 posts
  • LocationAplington, IA

Dumped out another 0.55" from last night and today. That would be 2.44" event total so far. 
Just started downpouring. Radar is looking good for me heading into the evening as the boundary is starting to lift back north.
Tornado Watch and warning eastcentral IA. Its active! Gonna be very interesting to see how Gordon plays out.

• Hawkeye likes this

jaster220

Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:30 PM

jaster220

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5198 posts

WOW....just WOW. Plentiful rainfall w some loud thunder and lightning. I am pretty sure my area received over an inch. Easily! Thank goodness I decided to just relax today and stay indoors and catch up on some paperwork. It was a busy weekend.

Nice! That stronger SWS cell earlier was the real-deal T-storm. Could hear non-stop rumbling as it passed just 2-3 miles to my west. 

• Niko likes this

CentralNebWeather

Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:00 PM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE
Storms keep moving up from the south. Third rain of the day with more the next 2 days. Completely saturated here but not officially in flood watch, 1 county away. Somehow the corn is ready to harvest for many. Been a long time since we saw the sun. We need some dry and windy days. Can’t believe I just typed that. Ha.
  • jaster220 and LNK_Weather like this

Iowawx

Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:25 PM

Iowawx

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Lighting is happening here now. Strong line of storms moving in from the West. There's also more storms behind this line that are developing in Tama and Iowa counties. Will be an active evening around here.

Hawkeye

Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:30 PM

Hawkeye

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

Yeah, there's a red cell approaching me now.  If it stays red, that's torrential rain.

Hawkeye

Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:40 PM

Hawkeye

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

It's absolutely unreal how often these strong cells have moved in CR only on the nw side, with my house on the southern edge.  It must be a 90+% rate.  There's a weather station only a half mile to my nw.  That station has received more rain than me every single event this summer, except one about a week ago.  That's how crazy this is.

• jaster220 likes this

Iowawx

Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

Iowawx

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

It's absolutely unreal how often these strong cells have moved in CR only on the nw side, with my house on the southern edge.  It must be a 90+% rate.  There's a weather station only a half mile to my nw.  That station has received more rain than me every single event this summer, except one about a week ago.  That's how crazy this is.

Are you seeing any heavy downpours yet? Storm is getting close to NE side now.

Hawkeye

Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:51 PM

Hawkeye

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

You've got to be kidding me.  This red cell just totally whiffed me by a half mile.  I'm getting nothing.

Hawkeye

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:24 PM

Hawkeye

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

A couple stations on the nw/n side of CR and Hiawatha received 1.5-1.8 inches in 30 minutes.  Many stations on that side of the city are now over 4 inches for the day, compared to 1.5-1.85 on my side and just south.

Iowawx

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:26 PM

Iowawx

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

A couple stations on the nw/n side of CR and Hiawatha received 1.5-1.8 inches in 30 minutes.  Many stations on that side of the city are now over 4 inches for the day, compared to 1.5-1.85 on my side and just south.

I got 0.79 inches from this storm. That brings my total so far to 4.73 inches since Saturday. 

• Hawkeye likes this

LNK_Weather

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:38 PM

LNK_Weather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3608 posts

We are now on our third straight night of heavy rain. Why were we left out of the continuation of the Flash Flood Watch again?

>1" Snowfalls for Lincoln Municipal Airport in 2018-2019: 10/14 (3.5"), 11/17 (2.6")

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Iowawx

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:42 PM

Iowawx

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

There may have been a possible tornado just to the SW of my area. There are trees down on the NW side of CR and 1,900 people lost power. I did see some gusty winds, but they didn't seem to be higher than 30mph.

• Hawkeye likes this

Hawkeye

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:20 PM

Hawkeye

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

There may have been a possible tornado just to the SW of my area. There are trees down on the NW side of CR and 1,900 people lost power. I did see some gusty winds, but they didn't seem to be higher than 30mph.

Yeah, I saw that on the KCRG news.  The damage is less than a mile from my house.  I'd certainly rather miss the heavy rain if it comes with damage.

LNK_Weather

Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:03 PM

LNK_Weather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3608 posts

I guess my criticism worked cuz we're back under the Flash Flood Watch. Training band of heavy rain setting up over here now. Someone's gonna end up with a warning before the night is over and it may be us. The ground is saturated all over Southeast Nebraska thanks to heavy rain the past couple nights.

• Tom likes this

Tom

Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:03 AM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 17293 posts

Chicago broke a daily rainfall record during yesterday's deluge of tropical downpours.  These storms packed a punch when they rolled through and delivered some incredible rainfall rates.  For example, the town of Somonauk received 1" in 9 min!

feature09042018.jpg?quality=85&strip=all

DmNtMktXcAA9OZE.jpg

• Hawkeye and james1976 like this

james1976

Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:46 AM

james1976

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4299 posts
  • LocationAplington, IA
Dumped out another 0.30" this morning. Event total of 2.74" so far. Flash Flood Watch kicks back in tonight with another heavy round expected as the boundary sags back south.

Niko

Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:51 AM

Niko

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5350 posts
  • LocationMacomb, MI

Nice rainfall yesterday IMBY, w amounts exceeding 1"+. Currently, muggy and warm w hazy sunshine as temps begin to rise into the upper 80s to near 90, if not better.

Bryan1117

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:52 AM

Bryan1117

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE
We got dumped on in Southwest Omaha last night, it was a very noisy late night around here with several rounds of thunderstorms between midnight and 6am this morning. Even had a Flash Flood Warning for the county I live in (Sarpy County).

Picked up 2.45 inches of rain in my rain gauge from this latest round... so far sitting at just over 3.5 inches total for this event going back to Saturday morning, and it looks like plenty more to come.
  • Tom, Hawkeye and jaster220 like this

Niko

Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:08 AM

Niko

Special Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5350 posts
  • LocationMacomb, MI

Gordon expected to become a Hurricane (CAT1) and target the northern Gulf Coast area. Also, another storm to follow down the road will be Florence. Tropics are getting a little active.

LNK_Weather

Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:54 AM

LNK_Weather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3608 posts

I guess my criticism worked cuz we're back under the Flash Flood Watch. Training band of heavy rain setting up over here now. Someone's gonna end up with a warning before the night is over and it may be us. The ground is saturated all over Southeast Nebraska thanks to heavy rain the past couple nights.

It was us. It's expired now, but we were placed under a warning this morning. Apparently there's still some areas of high water around Lincoln. Steady moderate rain continues.

• St Paul Storm likes this

St Paul Storm

Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:35 AM

St Paul Storm

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1756 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN
Just started raining here. Getting ready for an all-day soaker. 2-3” looking good here. Last few runs of the HRRR inching the heavier band slightly to the north.

Frost possible Thursday night in northern and central MN.
  • Tom, james1976 and jaster220 like this

LNK_Weather

Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:39 AM

LNK_Weather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3608 posts

I have picked up about 7" in the last week here. And we're just over halfway done with this pattern. That's awesome. Why can't we get this kinda stuff during the Winter?

• jaster220 likes this