November 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Timmy Supercell

Lol..35dbz radar returns. So heavy!

Heavy rain... picked up more than an inch since 9 a.m. here.

I would like to have set you in my backyard this morning and you tell me how hard it was raining.

Tropical connection to this rainfall right now. Rain drops are huge in this set up... very loud on the roof.

Just reporting what is happening... no opinions.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Full on arctic blast knocking on the door at day 10 on the 12z ECMWF and this place is pretty ho hum about it!

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Full on arctic blast knocking on the door at day 10 on the 12z ECMWF and this place is pretty ho hum about it!

Just saw that... would be nice if it worked out.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Probably because it’ll knock but not enter.

Decent blocking signal has been showing up around that timeframe for awhile now. 

Cold Season 2023/24:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Meh.

Meh, it's only the best model we have available on the planet in that timeframe. Outlier!

Cold Season 2023/24:

Meh, it's only the best model we have available on the planet in that timeframe. Outlier!

240 hours is still fantasyland on the Euro. And mid November pretty much is garbage if you're south of Whatcom County or west of Bonneville Dam. And a cold spell in that timeframe is a pretty token achievement in a Nino that lacks any further cold airmasses down the road (2014, 1986, 1977, 1930).

• Like 1

This rain can stop anytime now...we are good...for at least the next two months!

Over 7 inches of rain here since the dry spell ended on 10/25.   

Does not seem really dry here.   ;)

Who's door?

155 West Negative Tilt Way, Bellingham WA 98225

Cold Season 2023/24:

Sun came up this morning, too.

Honestly hard to tell that happened today.   It is incredibly dark for being early afternoon.   No doubt the darkest day of the year.    About as dark as it can be here for the middle of the day.  

nb-11-1.png

It's November, silly!

It’s silly wet! We don’t need the entire monthly average happen in just one day! Though if I remember correctly November 2006 started out much the same way...then we got hammered by 17” of snow right after Thanksgiving!
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Looks closer to 239 North Weak Transient Blocking Circle, Kamloops BC V1S0A2. It's a lovely split level.

I hear they have a nice Walgreens there!

Edit: Oh wait, it's Canada, they don't have one.   :(

Cold Season 2023/24:

It’s silly wet! We don’t need the entire monthly average happen in just one day! Though if I remember correctly November 2006 started out much the same way...then we got hammered by 17” of snow right after Thanksgiving!

The darkness right now here is sort of surreal even for November.    

12Z EPS says we should completely disregard the operational run.  

Guest Dome Buster

Oh Tim oh Tim. Whats wrong with him?

He moves to hills that are at the foot. Of the mountains that are not orographically moot.

He wonders why the moisture persists. He rants and raves, he clenches his fists.

Oh Tim oh Tim, rain on his brim.

He doesnt like how it feels or tastes. Move to the desert then, so your life aint a waste.

Oh Tim oh Tim. Whats wrong with him?

He moves to hills that are at the foot. Of the mountains that are not orographically moot. He wonders why the moisture persists. He rants and raves, he clenches his fists.

Oh Tim oh Tim, rain on his brim. He doesnt like how it feels or tastes. Move to the desert then, so your life aint a waste.

Not wondering at all.   Just reporting.

I know its dark in November.   I know it rains in November.

I reported today that there was heavy rain here this morning... and it was unusually dark even for this location in November.      Just the facts.   I don't think I have seen a mid-day period as dark as today was in my 16 years of living here.    Definitely not normal... and worth mentioning.  Getting a little brighter now.  

Where are your comments when I post about how sunny and beautiful it is??   I do that all the time too.   ;)

They were clearly still high on a combination of the December 1990 Arctic blasts and Oxy when they produced that.

I tried to find the pharmasave one that I would sing for hours and hours to annoy my sister as a kid but no luck. It involved toilet paper. We got more Canadian channels than Seattle with the house antenna so we pretty much grew up Canadian!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Heavy rain... picked up more than an inch since 9 a.m. here.

I would like to have set you in my backyard this morning and you tell me how hard it was raining.

Tropical connection to this rainfall right now. Rain drops are huge in this set up... very loud on the roof.

Just reporting what is happening... no opinions.

So 0.3”/hr? That would be classified as moderate rain, or “RN” by official standards. Not even close to “heavy”.

Heavy rain is 1”+/hr type stuff. Like a summer downpour that drops 0.5”+ in 10 minutes, etc.

So 0.3”/hr? That would be classified as moderate rain, or “RN” by official standards. Not even close to “heavy”.

Heavy rain is 1”+/hr type stuff. Like your typical summer downpour that drops over 0.5” in 10 minutes, etc.

We picked up about 1.30 inches in two hours actually.

It was raining hard.    It probably rains harder in Houston in the summer.   Don't care.

We picked up about 1.30 inches in two hours actually.

It was raining hard. It probably rains harder in Houston in the summer. Don't care.

Man, that really is heavy. Downright tropical, in fact.

Man, that really is heavy. Downright tropical, in fact.

There is a tropical connection to the rain here right now.    Its been coming up from around Hawaii for the past 4 days.

sat-11-1.png

It is also warm and humid by November standards here.  

Every person in the PNW on this forum would say it was heavy rain here this morning.    It was coming down about as hard as it ever does for a couple hours.