Weather in 2019

Phil

Got screwed again today. Missed me south, north, east, and now west dying on the doorstep.

Comical.

The dog days of summer have definitely arrived..thick haze, loud insects, heat indices passing 90*F by 9AM. Mercifully, I have a modest work schedule for the remainder of Jul/Aug.

Dewpoints climbing into the mid-70s this week with highs between 90-95 each day, heat indices 95-105 for the foreseeable future.

yeah the classic summer weather is here for sure.if there any shiver lining its at least an active pattern as well.

Crapload of rainfall with the storms today..around 1.5” so far with 0.8” of that falling in 10 minutes. My street had roughly 6” of water rushing down it at one point.

Nothing severe here locally (wind cores missed) but there were several microbursts in other areas that produced damage.

• Like 1

Crapload of rainfall with the storms today..around 1.5” so far with 0.8” of that falling in 10 minutes. My street had roughly 6” of water rushing down it at one point.

Nothing severe here locally (wind cores missed) but there were several microbursts in other areas that produced damage.

yeah it tends to be localized but where ever the cores hit it can be pretty intense for a time.
  • Like 1

Throw on a sun lamp and grab a beer Phil!

Have a great 4th !

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Dewpoint briefly touched 80*F today after a midday sun-shower. Horrid. First legitimately disgusting day of the summer just happened to be July 4th.

Cooled down nicely after 3pm thanks to stronger convection.

Got another 1” of rain yesterday, with some very close CG strikes. Makes 2.4” over the last three days, with more to come (hopefully).

Another day with a dewpoint touching 80*F.

Decent storm blew through around 7pm to ventilate the boundary layer. Not severe locally, but we had 30mph winds, a few close lightning strikes, and a series of downpours.

A 66mph gust was observed in DC just south of the Capitol, so there were more intense wind pockets in some areas.

Holy crap. Possibly the heaviest rain I’ve ever seen this morning. Measured 2.75” in 30 minutes, over 3.4” in the last hour with more on the way.

Also two very close lightning strikes.

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/timeseries.php?sid=F3819&num=72&banner=gmap&raw=0&w=325

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Relentless heat late this week into the weekend. Highs generally 97-102, heat indices around 107-112.

The next 7 days will each have heat indices above 100*F.

Relentless heat late this week into the weekend. Highs generally 97-102, heat indices around 107-112.

The next 7 days will each have heat indices above 100*F.

Thanks. Looks like the dog days to me. Only a little over 2 months till the Autumnal Equinox.

Maybe a few cooling showers outside 36hrs.

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

It is 4:41 EDT. Temperatures and dew points in the mid 70's, 80 still on the asphalt and concrete islands. Winds are calm. Soon the demon will rise.

The demon will pound the area. The haze will turn the sky a steel gray. Breath will not come easy as temperatures rise. For a while we will endure hot nights and blistering days.

Three weeks past solstice it begins, but it must happen, for it to end.

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

DCA was 91/79 as of 12:40pm. Yikes.

Currently 95/75 here with a SW wind. Some popcorn towers trying to initiate as Barry’s remnant circulation approaches.

• Like 1

Heavy outflow gusts here followed by downpours and positive strikes. Dropped from 95 to 75 in a flash.

High was actually 98*F at ~ 2:25pm. Hottest of the summer so far. I think we’ll pass 100*F on Saturday for the first time since 2016. Lots of mid/upper 90’s in recent years per the usual but 100’s have been scarce since 2010-12 (with the exception of 2016).

Very swampy morning. Currently 76/76 with some haze as the Sun rises above the horizon.

The low temp actually occurred yesterday during the thunderstorm, lol. Temps rebounded into the night.

UmIbC0Q.jpg

• Like 1

Baltimore Martin Airport was 95/82 this afternoon. That’s a heat index of 119*F.

We maxed out at 98/78 at 4:06pm. Then we decoupled after peak heating went to 92/80 at 6:51pm. Nasty.

DCA still 87/77, heat index 99*F as of 11pm. Much better here..currently 79/76, but I don’t think we’re gonna get much lower.

Tomorrow/tomorrow night looks like the worst of it.

Getting bad out there. I’m up to 97/79, heat index 115.4*F as of 2pm. The cicadas and birds went silent about 45mins ago..typical in big heatwaves but always feels spooky when nature shuts down like this.

It’s not quite to 2011’s walk-to-your-mailbox-and-pass-out level of deadly yet (heat indices way above 120*F with that one, pockets above 130*F) but we’re roughly on par with 2016 now.

• Like 1

Peaked at 99/78 here..just missed 100*F again.

Baltimore-Martin Airport is at 97/83, heat index 124.

BWI reached 100, Dulles 98, DCA 97 (river wind).