Weather in 2019

Phil

Had a decent storm last night around 11pm.

Strobe lightning, 40mph winds along with sheets of rain. Quick 1/2”.

Fück me sideways with a chainsaw..cell blew up over DC at the wrong time..got trapped in the subsidence.

2.5” hail and 60-70mph winds 5 miles E and W of me.

fJiLLMb.gif

• Like 1

Yep. This is why it irritates the hell out of me when Tim roots for giant death ridges in the middle of summer. His summer climate is one of the best in the country yet he wants it to be like Phoenix. Why why why?

Lol. I know, bud. I don't get it either. It's like having my landscape -20 degrees and they cry about it. That's ok, they can all enjoy not having a winter this year. :lol: :)

I'd do green and 75-85 all summer in a minute. The people up there are a bit sketch though.

Good cell on the door step missed the last cluster just south and east but this one looks to be headed here.looking forward to the upper 70s to near 80 this weekend need a break from this junk for a bit.of course by the time it gets here it weakends into just an ordanary moderately heavy rain shower :lol: yesterday for your back yard phil that was the ultiment screwage if ever there was one.

Last day with 90+ temps/100+ heat indices in this warm stretch before a much needed reprieve. I think we could string at least 5 days of sub-90*F heat indices together this weekend into next week, perhaps even 7 days? Would be totally awesome if we could steal a full week in late August. :wub:

Of course, it’s not permanent..it never is at this time of year. But it would be nice to dry things out and ventilate the biomass with some NW flow.

• Like 1

Last day with 90+ temps/100+ heat indices in this warm stretch before a much needed reprieve. I think we could string at least 5 days of sub-90*F heat indices together this weekend into next week, perhaps even 7 days? Would be totally awesome if we could steal a full week in late August. :wub:

Of course, it’s not permanent..it never is at this time of year. But it would be nice to dry things out and ventilate the biomass with some NW flow.

Dt has declared summer over after today :lol:

Something pretty impressive hit smithburg in Carroll county around 6 this evening many reports of tree damage and roofs blown off and a report of a Building that was badly damaged,We got some strong gust those nothing to out of the ordanary when it came through here those marly neck had trees and power lines down reportly then the sky open up for 15 mins a crap load of lighting lightning is really impressive with these storms tonight,

• Like 1

Yeah, Carroll County got smoked by something fierce.

That looks like 90-100mph winds at least if roofs/windows were popped.

Been an active severe weather year for sure.

My county (Montgomery) has had 82 severe thunderstorm warnings already. Might crack 100? Haven’t had a year this active locally since 2012, IIRC.

RLtCfV4.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful outside today. Driving rain, north winds, temperatures falling through the 60s. In late August!!

You know it’s been humid when a dewpoint of 67*F feels bone dry and it’s raining. Haha.

Beautiful outside today. Driving rain, north winds, temperatures falling through the 60s. In late August!!

You know it’s been humid when a dewpoint of 67*F feels bone dry and it’s raining. Haha.

Congrats man. We're sort of sharing weather lately. My cool weather comes with rain showers as well, but I'm taking a win. It's August. Screw this humid summer. I know mine is not completely over either, but I think it's a harbinger for October and the winter to come. I'd like some 70s with bright sun and 40s dews soon. I'm sure you would too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to get dry out here..caused a dust storm with my lawn mower this afternoon. We’ve only had ~ 0.25” of rain since 8/20, which is not nearly enough to keep up with evaporation at this time of year.

Hoping for a nice, heavy, soaking thunderstorm with the cold front on Thursday to avoid an early/heavy leaf drop. Otherwise it looks like highs will be quickly trending into the 90s again this week with increasing humidity as the week rolls on. I always hate September..it’s the most stagnant month of the year (plus it’s the month of ending vacations and schedule/routine changes..bleh).

• Like 1

Too hot. This string of 80s/90s looks to last for the majority of the upcoming two weeks, with the exception of Friday.

Lows in the 60s/70s. September is a summer month.

I hate how stagnant it is at this time of year. The wind literally goes dead from 8/5 to 10/5 every year. Makes the heat more miserable than usual.

At least 90*F in June has a breeze and lower dewpoints most of the time. September is much worse even with a much weaker Sun.

High of 97*F at DCA today. Hit 94*F here. Bleh.

Tomorrow should be much nicer, but the warm pattern isn’t going anywhere in the long run. Gonna have to wait until late month or early October for a shake-up.

I hate how stagnant it is at this time of year. The wind literally goes dead from 8/5 to 10/5 every year. Makes the heat more miserable than usual.

At least 90*F in June has a breeze and lower dewpoints most of the time. September is much worse even with a much weaker Sun.

Warmer sea surface temperatures.

• Like 1

Warmer sea surface temperatures.

Definitely explains the higher relative humidity during warm periods in August and September.

And I guess since the meridional thermal gradient (Arctic to the Subtropics) is at its broadest in Aug/Sep, the wavetrain is on “Valium”, so to speak, especially around here where you also have an inverting local land/sea thermal gradient as well.

So yeah, this is typically when our wind climatology reverses from S/SW to N/NW..and it can get stagnant as hell while that seasonal process plays out.

• Like 1

Liked that wind Phil. It's been calm here for so long, I almost forgot how nice wind storms were.

We've been in the doldrums lately.

Just hoping the weather will get interesting down here.

Any forecast for Texas this Fall and Winter ?

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

You’re getting one. Strong circulation barreling over Houston into NE Texas.

I’ll get rain but only perhaps ,50”.

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Meh.------ .50"......duh

Really getting dry here. I know we’re not technically in a drought but prolonged dry stretches like this are problematic while the trees are foliated.

Pattern looks warm for the foreseeable future.

Really getting dry here. I know we’re not technically in a drought but prolonged dry stretches like this are problematic while the trees are foliated.

Pattern looks warm for the foreseeable future.

Anthony says we better enjoy this warmth because he sees some legit cold potential this winter interesting wording from him for sure.

Dropped to 47*F Friday morning. Didn’t expect that.

The 90*F heat returns this week. Looks like this pattern will persist into Mid-October again, similar to last year. Hopefully we flip quickly in a similar fashion.

Dropped to 47*F Friday morning. Didn’t expect that.

The 90*F heat returns this week. Looks like this pattern will persist into Mid-October again, similar to last year. Hopefully we flip quickly in a similar fashion.

90s and 80s in late September october suck big time way to hot it's like groundhogs day the last few years of summer presisting well into the fall it absurd.

Ditto!

99*...feels like 107*

There's no joy in Suckville today!

• Like 1

Rained today for the first time in ages. Quick downpour lasted like 3mins.

Mid-90s return next week. Lol.

nothing like being 92 degrees here today in the first day of fall which is being sarcastic to mother nature because lets face it Andie her first day of fall weather couldn't suck more :lol:

Amen!

We hit 96 unglorious uncomfortable unacceptable sweltering degrees!

I protest.

• Like 1

Tomorrow should be the last 90+ day of 2019 around here. Mercilessly, summer might finally be ending.

It goes out with a bang, though...should easily reach the mid/upper 90s everywhere east of the Blue Ridge. Not a cheapie.