1/11 - 1/12 Southern Midwest Snowstorm

Tom

1.8" at 9:30am, so getting around 0.3"/hr.  The radar is really looking pretty good near the Quad Cities, so there should be some solid totals over there.

• Like 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Just measured again. Up to about 6.5" now on the far SE side of town. Still have very small flakes falling at a decent rate. We should hit 7" before all is said and done.

Like Tom mentioned earlier, about as good as a share the wealth system as one can get, at least for us southern posters. Sorry, MN, WI and MI

• Like 5

Up to 4.5-5 here. The dry air is fighting to get in but the band still living on, even trying to redevelop.

Yeah it looks like the backside is trying to pivot around. Hoping dry air doesn't zap some of the better returns down near Neb City before they get here.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

I need to stop reading this thread.   So depressing here in GR.  So brown.  So close.  So sad.  Here's to hoping for second half of winter to bring cold and LES. 

Having been on that end of these storm threads a ton, I completely understand what you are saying.

• Like 2

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

The cutoff is a monster. Southeastern Lancaster County with 10", people up in the Northwest part of the county are reporting 2". Lincoln is right in the middle.

About 4 inches in my backyard in Southwest Omaha and it’s moderately snowing currently. After writing this one off as another dry air disaster around here last night, I am glad I was wrong.

And you know the the best part LNK, Norfolk picked up 0 inches of snow from this system.

• Like 2

The cutoff is a monster. Southeastern Lancaster County with 10", people up in the Northwest part of the county are reporting 2". Lincoln is right in the middle.

I think it's a solid 5-6" in the downtown/campus/Haymarket area. Though it gets harder to eyeball the higher totals get. Likely can offically call it 6" by the time it's over. 

• Like 1

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

I think it's a solid 5-6" in the downtown/campus/Haymarket area. Though it gets harder to eyeball the higher totals get. Likely can offically call it 6" by the time it's over.

We need over 6.1" at the airport to officially have a top 5 day in January, so that's what I'm hoping for up there. We've already cracked 7" down here.

• Like 3

2.3" in my yard at 11am.

I don't think this gradient is gonna be nearly as sharp as some models said it was going to be. The dry air was weaker and as a result, there's a much larger fan of lighter snow to the north. Meanwhile, much of Linn County is in a bit of a lull at the moment. Hopefully it fills back in.

• Like 2

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

I don't think this gradient is gonna be nearly as sharp as some models said it was going to be. The dry air was weaker and as a result, there's a much larger fan of lighter snow to the north. Meanwhile, much of Linn County is in a bit of a lull at the moment. Hopefully it fills back in.

Yeah Im closing in on 1 inch and Im about 10 miles north of highway 20.

• Like 2