Winter Storm likely, DC North

Wxmidatlantic

Expect a period of snow. 3-6 inches DC north. There will be a prolonged period of freezing rain and sleet. Expect power outrages NW of Baltimore, DC.

Early call.. Could be a bust, but that's why they call us weatherman....

namconus_asnow_neus_29.png

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

We’ll see. Models might be underestimating CAD as is typical..need to keep precipitation falling to maintain the inversion though, especially during the daylight hours, so that aspect will be important.

I’m less sold on snow..thinking more sleet/ZR.

Looking at BGE outage map it is going off like popcorn. That is why I hate ice storms. The ice melts and there you are, in the dark. I'm good I guess.. Gas cook stove, plenty of matches. Battery operated radio, check. Few hours of charged mobile devices. Was going to get a new battery for flash light, but...

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

Power still out here. This Storm had very tight precip type gradient. 5 miles north up to Belair, 6 inches of snow fell.

I am very disappointed In local NWS mets. There was no talk of .25 or more of ice accretion anywhere in the Baltimore city limits. There was no mention of extensive power outtages.

Ray Charles could have seen this coming...

Melting is underway with temp 33.8

Got 1” of snow the first night but just flipped pretty quick to freezing rain afterwards. Plain rain yesterday, more freezing rain last night, more rain today.

Decent glaze over everything this morning.

Got 1” of snow the first night but just flipped pretty quick to freezing rain afterwards. Plain rain yesterday, more freezing rain last night, more rain today.

Decent glaze over everything this morning.

You were lucky. Darkness and chainsaws here.

• Like 1

Phil collins ,in the air tonight..

YouTube..

Wtf dude I was just listening to that song. Came up on my shuffled playlist of 15,000+ songs. Then I clicked on this thread. Has to mean something. :lol:

• Like 1